Just confirmed my turkey season starts April 17...

Rev Ev

I'll be down just east of Raleigh, NC for their opening weekend.  Trail cams have birds all over the 200acre farm my buddy and I are hunting.  It's his first season without his dad, so him and I are gonna make the best of it.  Hopefully I can come back with a couple of toms.

• 4 weeks later...

Heard from my buddy that they got a double yesterday on opening day.  They had six toms come straight into them and 20 minutes into the season they were done.  He guessed that there were at least double that many toms and as many as 50 birds on the farm.  The area that I am hunting is the piedmont and was only recently restored by the NWTF with birds, so they are still rapidly reproducing, much like early nineties here.  I can get two birds while I am down there.  I am so jacked I have had all my gear packed for the past two weeks in my truck.  I'm going to pattern my turkey gun today if the rain holds off.  I seriously feel like I am 8 again and its Christmas.  If I thought I wouldn't get fired, i would leave today and go, but as it is, I have to work.  There is so much less pressure down there than here,  Beside his 200 acres is several other farms that he knows no one hunts, mainly cuz its scrubland and thick, which just makes it all the better for us.  I'll let yall know how it goes.  I leave Wednesday.

in just about 12 hours I will be waking up for the 11hr drive south.  I'm stopping at a couple of BPS along the way with a shopping list of just about every caliber for my budddies, to see if I can get anything.  Weather is supposed to be perfect, 75 and Sunny.  Trail cam confirms at least 8 gobblers in the area.  If I can get down there before sunset, I'll def be in a blind for wed night hunt.