CNY Pro shop

Enigma

First, sorry to hear you are from Utica. No offense, lived there for two years, and never again.

Second, AJs has decent reviews but I have never been there. Lots of people I knew when I lived in that area went there.

Good Luck!

I wouldnt bother with AJ's. They have good stuff, but prices are WAY too high, and the old man who runs it is sort of a jerk. Legends of the Fall are down in Tully, Kuzin's archery, and then Fitz's archery, are in Cicero and Central Square respectfully. out in Chittenango there is Fulldraw Archery and range. Hoolers out in Elbridge is a good guyto deal with. If you want to travel a little south... Check out Barretts Bowhunting in Elmira. Those guys rock, and they carry Mathews and Hoyt.

Another thumbs up for Lillies Agway in Holland Patent.  They deal PSE along with a few others.  I took my 26 year old Darton in there and asked Ian to look it over and see if it was still serviceable.  He inspected it and quoted me what it needed and also what would be nice to do and let me make up my mind without being pushy.  When he did the work he did it in a reasonable time frame and didn't act like I was a nuisance.  He treated me just like I had bought a $900 bow instead of a string, quiver and some arrows.

He seemed very knowledgeable and didn't try to push me into a new bow.  When I asked what he had for bows in the range I thought I could spend, he gave me advice on a few without trying the old "For only $xxx more you could get such and such".  After the treatment I got there, when I do get ready someday to buy a new bow it will DEFINITELY be from Ian Brucker at Lillies Agway and Archery.

http://www.bowguru.com/