Is there a new pistol law now ??

Yes, a 16 hour course. 14 hour in class, and 2 hour hands on training. There's lawsuits already being started against this.. Also the number of CC holders this state has, Idk how they could efficiently get everyone through this course in a year..  

14 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

Yes, a 16 hour course. 14 hour in class, and 2 hour hands on training. There's lawsuits already being started against this.. Also the number of CC holders this state has, Idk how they could efficiently get everyone through this course in a year..  

isn’t this just for new applicants ?

someone smarter than me needs to explain section 20 of this bill pls

Yeap. To go along with the new pistol permit laws, you will have a background check for ALL ammo purchases. Want a box of .22LR? BG check. Some #8 skeet ammo? BG check. Need a box of .308 or slugs? BG check.

This is all getting out of hand, it was a retaliation move from the left politicians because the SCOTUS ruled the CCW laws here were ridiculous. They got scolded and are throwing a temper tantrum. Buckle up, it's going to a bumpy ride.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

Yeap. To go along with the new pistol permit laws, you will have a background check for ALL ammo purchases. Want a box of .22LR? BG check. Some #8 skeet ammo? BG check. Need a box of .308 or slugs? BG check.

This is all getting out of hand, it was a retaliation move from the left politicians because the SCOTUS ruled the CCW laws here were ridiculous. They got scolded and are throwing a temper tantrum. Buckle up, it's going to a bumpy ride.

Wait: Background check for rifle ammo too? Even if youre not a pistol permot holder? Are you sure?

Wow just wow, been all over the news for days , there’s several threads here on it , now one more .

Class is for new application and the first time existing holders do their recertification , which also includes an in person interview with the Judge, you know the guys who barely have time to even sign them now . Along with a written test where the passing score is 80% and the subject matter ranges from laws to de - escalation techniques ha ha ha .

I’m well stocked but still buying more, todays haul , glad to find .357 we may be back to cowboy guns soon …

19F9B725-D9EE-46D3-A31D-31A1D56C2777.jpeg

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Nomad said:

Wow just wow, been all over the news for days , there’s several threads here on it , now one more .

Class is for new application and the first time existing holders do their recertification , which also includes an in person interview with the Judge, you know the guys who barely have time to even sign them now . Along with a written test where the passing score is 80% and the subject matter ranges from laws to de - escalation techniques ha ha ha .

I’m well stocked but still buying more, todays haul , glad to find .357 we may be back to cowboy guns soon …

19F9B725-D9EE-46D3-A31D-31A1D56C2777.jpeg

So sorry , I have been away for a few weeks and hadn’t seen it

So the new law isn’t for exsisting permit holders ? Or just parts of the new law ?

I tried reading thru the verbiage but it’s confusing, at least to me.

Is it already passed ? Is this just a proposal ?

How does it apply to current permit holders ?

thank you 

This seems confusing 

Edited by luberhill
  • Like 1

No worries ,I’m extremely upset over the whole thing , I came on to strong ,I’m sorry .

Yes it’s law, and yes it’s confusing, I believe it takes effect 9/1/22 I’m not 100% on that , many or all of the details need to be worked out still . Like how can one fire a gun in a class to get your permit ,when you need a permit to fire a gun . 

Current holders , will need to take the class prior to the first time they recert , recert also requires you give them your social media accts. , interview with the judge and on and on .

Then basically you can’t carry anywhere, many places will become “ sensitive areas” and all businesses, need to post a sign saying concealed carry allowed, which few in NYS will, it’s a felony if your caught carrying where there is  no sign .

11 minutes ago, Nomad said:

No worries ,I’m extremely upset over the whole thing , I came on to strong ,I’m sorry .

Yes it’s law, and yes it’s confusing, I believe it takes effect 9/1/22 I’m not 100% on that , many or all of the details need to be worked out still . Like how can one fire a gun in a class to get your permit ,when you need a permit to fire a gun . 

Current holders , will need to take the class prior to the first time they recert , recert also requires you give them your social media accts. , interview with the judge and on and on .

Then basically you can’t carry anywhere, many places will become “ sensitive areas” and all businesses, need to post a sign saying concealed carry allowed, which few in NYS will, it’s a felony if your caught carrying where there is  no sign .

I’ve already recertified , a few months ago …

So now am I ok ??

2 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Wait: Background check for rifle ammo too? Even if youre not a pistol permot holder? Are you sure?

ALL AMMO! Make a call to your local gun shop and ask. Or call your local police department. All ammo will need a BG check. No system in place yet, but from 9/1/22 they will at least have to record all ammo sales. Like I said, the extreme left are having a temper tantrum. Don't be surprised if we have to pay for that check, which will probably cost like $10-20, so add that to the cost of a box of birdshot.

41 minutes ago, Nomad said:

There is an exception in there to allow people to use a handgun for the live fire training. I thought BG check for ammo was fir pistol ammo only. After reading the bill sent to me by an attorney with the state Dept of Criminal Justice it is for all ammo sales from what I see

27 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

ALL AMMO! Make a call to your local gun shop and ask. Or call your local police department. All ammo will need a BG check. No system in place yet, but from 9/1/22 they will at least have to record all ammo sales. Like I said, the extreme left are having a temper tantrum. Don't be surprised if we have to pay for that check, which will probably cost like $10-20, so add that to the cost of a box of birdshot.

Bill hasnt passed yet , though, right? I thought was just proposed at this point.

There's a take effect date, so it must have been passed someplace. I thought I read it was put in as an EO? Gun shops are already selling out again, and online shopping is hit or miss again (which will no longer be legal here after 9/1).

If I read the whole mess right on the recert, when it's time for people to go through that process, they will have to take/do all the requirements. So, now just to get your pistol permit you have to go through even more hoops, and they aren't just on fire, there's a pool of acid on the other side.

In a nutshell, getting a pistol permit is now harder than ever; you have to grant them permission to spy on you, take a bunch of classes and training, pay even more money, and still may not get one or not get your recertification.

Just for good measure to piss all legal gun owners off, they added background checks for all ammunition.

17 minutes ago, DirtTime said:

There's a take effect date, so it must have been passed someplace. I thought I read it was put in as an EO? Gun shops are already selling out again, and online shopping is hit or miss again (which will no longer be legal here after 9/1).

If I read the whole mess right on the recert, when it's time for people to go through that process, they will have to take/do all the requirements. So, now just to get your pistol permit you have to go through even more hoops, and they aren't just on fire, there's a pool of acid on the other side.

In a nutshell, getting a pistol permit is now harder than ever; you have to grant them permission to spy on you, take a bunch of classes and training, pay even more money, and still may not get one or not get your recertification.

Just for good measure to piss all legal gun owners off, they added background checks for all ammunition.

But these laws are for current holders too , correct ??

5 hours ago, DirtTime said:

OH, and don't forget, you now have to give them information on every social media type site and forums you visit, as that's part of the character process now. Until this all goes away, I see a lot of dead air on the internet.

How can they vet that ? 

I may buy all the ammo I need to hunt the rest of my life and call it a day. I dont shoot recreationally. I feel bad for you all, this is insane. As always, lash out at the law abiding because theres not a damned thing they can do to stop the criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

I may buy all the ammo I need to hunt the rest of my life and call it a day. I dont shoot recreationally. I feel bad for you all, this is insane. As always, lash out at the law abiding because theres not a damned thing they can do to stop the criminals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Yea like the criminals won’t want to break any of these laws right .. how fricken stupid is this 

This REALLY needs to be posted in the "General ChitChat" section.  People who aren't paying attention need to see this.  I've been watching it since last Thursday and I'm sure luberhill isn't the only one that has missed it...........

Come on Eddie, this is way to important.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

This REALLY needs to be posted in the "General ChitChat" section.  People who aren't paying attention need to see this.  I've been watching it since last Thursday and I'm sure luberhill isn't the only one that has missed it...........

I posted it there and it was moved 

45 minutes ago, Lawdwaz said:

It's posted in the Forum where it belongs ......... If people aren't smart enough to look here , it's their loss . 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, fasteddie said:

It's posted in the Forum where it belongs ......... If people aren't smart enough to look here , it's their loss . 

I think his point was it would show up on the first page and draw more attention if posted in the General

I agree this is super important 

• Like 1