Is there a new pistol law now ??

19 hours ago, luberhill said:

isn’t this just for new applicants ?

someone smarter than me needs to explain section 20 of this bill pls

No its for every CC holder. Course isnt even developed yet. And must be completed by September 3, 2023. People have already done the math and Genesee has 8,000 Permit holder and would take 22 people per day to meet criteria, Wyoming county has 13,000 permits.. it would take 35 per day every single day to fulfill this Sept 3 '23 requirement.. Niagara county has 38,500 and would take 105 a day to fulfill, Erie has 90,000 and would require 250 people to class every day to fulfill.. IT is impossible!! The numbers are crazy but Libs don't care!

This is for EVERY CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT IN STATE.. 

14 hours ago, luberhill said:

But these laws are for current holders too , correct ??

Yes, read the new laws, and it clearly states who this effects, and going forward when you have to recert you're going to have to go through all the bullshit.

13 hours ago, cachemoney said:

How can they vet that ? 

A bunch of Red Bull drinking liberals sitting around monitoring the web. To think they don't already spy is pretty silly, but now you have to give them permission. So if someone spouts off about hoping someone dies on the web, it will end up as a red flag. No one will know how they plan to make all this happens until they have some sort of system in place, some guy/gal creating algorithms to sniff out certain words and phrases. It won't be that hard, Facebook already has it and so does YouTube.

This is just the Democrat's way of keeping tabs on gun owners. All gun owners. With the ammo checks, this will affect everyone from plinkers, target match shooters, and the hunting community. Like I said, there won't be many people willing to deal with the mess to buy ammo while they are setting up a system for background checks and either getting denied or a delay for 30 days to buy a box of bullets. Even if NY doesn't make us pay for that check, it will be tacked onto the price of ammo by shop owners.

I know this is already being fought, but by the time it gets to the courts for a ruling, a lot of folks will either have given up their right to own a pistol or become felons by not complying.

But don't worry if you decide not to comply, there's always "Bail Reform" and "Clean Slate" laws.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, LET EM GROW said:

No its for every CC holder. Course isnt even developed yet. And must be completed by September 3, 2023. People have already done the math and Genesee has 8,000 Permit holder and would take 22 people per day to meet criteria, Wyoming county has 13,000 permits.. it would take 35 per day every single day to fulfill this Sept 3 '23 requirement.. Niagara county has 38,500 and would take 105 a day to fulfill, Erie has 90,000 and would require 250 people to class every day to fulfill.. IT is impossible!! The numbers are crazy but Libs don't care!

This is for EVERY CONCEAL CARRY PERMIT IN STATE.. 

so any chance this will get shot down ( no pun intended ) before Sep ?

Does anyone know what system is going to be used for these ammo background checks? If it is the nics check system this will slow down the check process across the country for gun purchases. Even when the George Floyd riots and Covid started the nics system was bogged down pretty good with all the new gun buyers. And the nics system is not set up for ammo only handgun, long gun or other. Other is defined as frame or receiver.

14 minutes ago, 9jNYstarkOH said:

Does anyone know what system is going to be used for these ammo background checks? If it is the nics check system this will slow down the check process across the country for gun purchases. Even when the George Floyd riots and Covid started the nics system was bogged down pretty good with all the new gun buyers. And the nics system is not set up for ammo only handgun, long gun or other. Other is defined as frame or receiver.

They say there isn't a system yet, so I'm thinking it will not be the usual NICS check, but a different system. Either way, it is going to bog everything down. More people buy ammo daily than actual firearms so that system if new will be slower than a turtle crossing a road in superglue.

I think they are just going to make everything so damned difficult for people, they give up.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, luberhill said:

28 minutes ago, sbuff said:

That's my question too

It's not impossible, but unlikely. It took 100 years for it to be overturned the first time.

this is in my county.  And they are very strict with licensing and havent allowed unrestricted permits in years, but now are saying anyone that has a permit is now unrestricted.  They even state this new law is unenforceable.....https://www.wktv.com/news/local/oneida-county-gun-licensing-officials-some-new-nys-gun-laws-impossible-to-enforce/article_6bf72f50-fd72-11ec-b92f-effc82ca7692.html

5 hours ago, luberhill said:

ID imagine it will.. People already have their permits and have proven they are good standing citizens. Theres groups already building lawsuits.. 

• Like 2

Hey I was listening to Bob Lonsberry’s show this morning and he had on the Livingston County sheriff. They were talking about the new law’s for permits we are all going to have to go through the new process. That has not been set up yet. They were recommending that if you can recertify your permit before the end of August.  you will have 3 years to go through the new BS if you recertify after the 31st then you have till September 2023 sometime. One more thing law enforcement they don’t like this either.

As for the ammo background check they tried to do it during the safe act but the Fed’s wouldn’t do it and that was during Obama. BATF said we don’t have time to check everyone who wants to buy 22’s to go squirrel hunting or something to the fact.  the state did try to build a system but couldn’t get it to work. The ammo background check is only a backdoor way to find out who has an unregistered assault weapon.  

• Like 1

How do you do a 2 hour live fire class with a pistol when you dont have a permit?   Its against the law to possess a handgun without a permit.....

Do we really think any judge is going to go thru everyones social media?  Some people might have 30 accounts with years of posts.  So out of touch . 

4 minutes ago, Robhuntandfish said:

How do you do a 2 hour live fire class with a pistol when you dont have a permit?   Its against the law to possess a handgun without a permit.....

Do we really think any judge is going to go thru everyones social media?  Some people might have 30 accounts with years of posts.  So out of touch . 

There is an exemption in the new law that will allow you to use a pistol for the live fire training. 

"They were recommending that if you can recertify your permit before the end of August.  you will have 3 years to go through the new BS if you recertify after the 31st then you have till September 2023 sometime"

So now the question for us who have our 5 year recertification coming up at the end of this year do we do now or wait ?

1 hour ago, sbuff said:

"They were recommending that if you can recertify your permit before the end of August.  you will have 3 years to go through the new BS if you recertify after the 31st then you have till September 2023 sometime"

So now the question for us who have our 5 year recertification coming up at the end of this year do we do now or wait ?

I just recertified this past January.  the NYS website says i dont need to recert till 2026...we'll see how long it takes for that to update.

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

I read that about 1/2 an hour ago. Not looking good for the gun haters. I hope they put the kibosh on all of it. These new federal red flag mandates didn't do anything to stop the dude dressing up like a woman at that 4TH Of July Parade. The ammo checks are probably the stupidest of the stupid in these latest laws, it's just a spiteful act by the most spiteful group of babies in the political world.

Heard rumblings of other people going after more of the redundant laws here like the last round of stupidity on semi auto rifles, as well as the SAFE ACT, but I'll believe those when I see something factual, not just posts on a forum or blog, or promises by Republican politicians to spike their vote count then do nothing.

3 hours ago, sbuff said:

I tried to do it early but it wouldn’t let me

3 hours ago, sbuff said:

I talked to a legislature from Sen. Mannions Albany office a little after 4:30 today. She told me all CURRENT concealed carry permits need to be recertified by 9/1/23. Regardless of current status as to when you need to recertify.  I’ll have to reread that section because I don’t remember exactly what it said about the timing of the recertification. Also told me if there is a delay with meeting any of the new requirements, even a backlog in there end, be it meeting with a judge or “licensing agent” as she said will result in permit being revoked.  I’d like to talk to someone who actually knows what the heck is going on.  Might try calling the DA’s office tomorrow. Or a contact I made last week from the state Dept of Criminal Justice. She told me if I ever need anything to call her. This may be that time

3 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

So each instructor will have to bring pistols for everyone to shoot?   And let them shoot them off their permit?

I’m not sure how all that will work. Just know they put an exception in the bill to cover training

9 minutes ago, boo711 said:

I talked to a legislature from Sen. Mannions Albany office a little after 4:30 today. She told me all CURRENT concealed carry permits need to be recertified by 9/1/23. Regardless of current status as to when you need to recertify.  I’ll have to reread that section because I don’t remember exactly what it said about the timing of the recertification. Also told me if there is a delay with meeting any of the new requirements, even a backlog in there end, be it meeting with a judge or “licensing agent” as she said will result in permit being revoked.  I’d like to talk to someone who actually knows what the heck is going on.  Might try calling the DA’s office tomorrow. Or a contact I made last week from the state Dept of Criminal Justice. She told me if I ever need anything to call her. This may be that time

She also told me if it has been three years since you recertified you need to recertify now, or come 9/1. You can not wait until the date listed on the troopers website or where you look up your certification status. This is going to get crazy 

Is there anything about private sales for ammo?

Also remember the new laws only apply if we comply. I do not see a mass gun grab on all permit holders if everyone stops participating in their system.  I don't believe the gun grabbers would be so foolish. And who will the politicians send out to enforce/arrest everyone. You know thwy are not going door to door.

They won't need to go door to door, they have records of everyone with a legal permit, as I mentioned in another thread. They will know exactly where to go, zero guess work. I really don't think non-compliance on this one is going to end well for those who go that route. I also don't think all those boating accidents are going to fly.