Is there a new pistol law now ??

1 hour ago, DirtTime said:

They won't need to go door to door, they have records of everyone with a legal permit, as I mentioned in another thread. They will know exactly where to go, zero guess work. I really don't think non-compliance on this one is going to end well for those who go that route. I also don't think all those boating accidents are going to fly.

If they do not go to the door how else will they get the gun and arrest people not complying?

3 hours ago, boo711 said:

I talked to a legislature from Sen. Mannions Albany office a little after 4:30 today. She told me all CURRENT concealed carry permits need to be recertified by 9/1/23. Regardless of current status as to when you need to recertify.  I’ll have to reread that section because I don’t remember exactly what it said about the timing of the recertification. Also told me if there is a delay with meeting any of the new requirements, even a backlog in there end, be it meeting with a judge or “licensing agent” as she said will result in permit being revoked.  I’d like to talk to someone who actually knows what the heck is going on.  Might try calling the DA’s office tomorrow. Or a contact I made last week from the state Dept of Criminal Justice. She told me if I ever need anything to call her. This may be that time

Keep us posted 

• Like 1

This just keeps getting crazier, by the letter of the new law guns will be illegal in the Adirondack Park. No more gun hunting in the Adirondacks!  The governor is trying to back peddle that this isn’t the “intent” but it’s written very clearly. I will be following this one from Senator Dan Stec’s office .

54933F94-63C0-48CF-9784-EF78B409CB10.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Trad bow said:

This just keeps getting crazier, by the letter of the new law guns will be illegal in the Adirondack Park. No more gun hunting in the Adirondacks!  The governor is trying to back peddle that this isn’t the “intent” but it’s written very clearly. I will be following this one from Senator Dan Stec’s office .

54933F94-63C0-48CF-9784-EF78B409CB10.png

Yes, and the end of gun hunting on state parks. Like my 2 week trip every year to Letchworth sp.

29 minutes ago, Larry said:

This is the only social media site I'm on and l am not going to tell them it's none of there f-en business. If they want to know what l write they can become a member 

Oh and I’m sure these idiots will find some way of proving you didn’t comply with the rules by not listing this site and they will revoke your license .

I’ve heard some people saying they will just turn in their pistol license and get rid of their handguns 

This is exactly what they want 

I can see why some might give up there permits. If it costs a bunch of money every three years , it’s a pain and expensive to get ammo and you only carry/shoot a few times a year is it worth the hassle? If you turn in your permit they win , only the criminals will have hand guns then .

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Trad bow said:

I can see why some might give up there permits. If it costs a bunch of money every three years , it’s a pain and expensive to get ammo and you only carry/shoot a few times a year is it worth the hassle? If you turn in your permit they win , only the criminals will have hand guns then .

Agreed, and in the long run.. more people will likely die as there is less "good guys" around carrying concealed in public. Its a total shame empty minded people can control like this. 

13 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Agreed, and in the long run.. more people will likely die as there is less "good guys" around carrying concealed in public. Its a total shame empty minded people can control like this. 

And if you believe there are empty minded people running the show in NY ,  this is what has been going on in LA.

There are 8 million people in LA . My son lives there . He is head of production for a company that makes commercials . Crime got so bad around there office that they moved the company. He tells me there are many blocks a square mile each that you just dont drive down any of those streets for any reason . Entire areas are controlled by Mexican or Asian gangs . I read a report yesterday on CCW permits in LA . Out of 8 million people , there are a total of 341 CCW permits . The permit holders consisted mostly of Politicians , people with close ties to the Politicians such as donors, corporate CEO's,  Judges , retired cops , Even if you own a store , like a jewelry shop , you cant get a permit . I guess the Liberal Mafia doesn't want you to shoot any of the Smash And Grab looters storming through your place of business . The report didn't give an exact number , but the impression was there are less than 10 CCW permit holders that are regular citizens . Who knows , maybe even those 10 have some kind of distant association with  political ties .

• Sad 1

And that is exactly the way it has worked in every totalitarian regime the world has ever know, from the Nazi's to the Communists.  Only those the government deems worthy are allowed to be free.

America is moving in that direction, thanks to leftists in political power.

• Like 1