Any one else gearing up to do a little turkey hunting?

Guns&ReligionCop

Busting at the seams to get out. Calls n' decoys are ready. Just scored 100 more acres on Sunday to get after. Can't wait! What is up with this up with this snow though!!!! Just got 4 more inches last night! Have 8 days n' counting this spring, booked so far with clients. Good luck to everyone!

Edited by Enigma

Yes I  am looking forward to being out in the clean air listening to nature.I have been doing a little yard work to get ahead,bought a push pin box call  because I always wanted to try one, and did some scouting.Found out a friend sold his house so there goes a great hunting spot filed away in to the memory banks.(sigh). Anyways can't wait to hear a gobbler sound off.

I'M READY!!!

I'll probably start getting up early and scouting out some property next week if the temps get a bit milder.  My season will start on 4/20 for our youth season and then it'll be off to Indiana for the first three days of their season on 4/24 and maybe a few days in KY too.  I can't wait...

Same back at you, Bowhunter..

I envy you your KY hunt..I hunted a property near Glencoe, KY for 3 years a few years back.. Without a doubt the best gobbler hunting I have ever experienced  in 40 years of hunting in several different states and provinces. HUGE toms and lots of them !!

I hunted Daniel Boone National Forest last year for the first week of the KY season.  It was a fun hunt but the area is pretty rugged with no fields and lots of other non-resident hunters trying to do the same thing that I was.  Ended up taking a nice gobbler.  I am certain that private land out there is phenomenal for turkey hunting...

IMG_1250-001jk.jpg

Where I'll be hunting in Indiana is only 30 minutes north of Louisville.  Looks like I won't be too far from where you were.

The land I hunted in KY was private and my buddy and I had exclusive permission on 400 acres...It was wonderful.. Unfortunately the property  is no longer available to us.

Yes...30 miles north of Louisville is quite close to where we hunted..The property we hunted on was less than 10 minutes away from KY Speedway..

getting the bows ready & dusted off a few diaphragm mouth calls. started practicing calling & getting funny looks around the data center :)

timely post as on the commute early this morning, local traffic was stopped due to a dozen Toms crossing the road. this verifies a spot where I suspect they roost. too bad though as no hunting since its a residential neighborhood. I can follow the power lines into the woods, look for sign & see if I can call any in just for fun.

Ants, you missed last Spring turkey too? Doesn't it suck?

There is no way I'm missing opening day!

Sucks bad!!  First time in about 20 years.  Actually I went out opening morning, with out much luck, then at about 7:00pm that night , I blew my knee out & had to have big time surgery. I was out until January. But I cant wait. My stuff is all ready to go. Might just pick up a new mouth call or two!!!

Counting down the days! I'm very fortunate to have some excellent farms for turkey hunting and one of them is buzzing with birds as it is every year. I have been keeping tabs on them for the past few weeks and set up a trailcam on video mode over-looking a field edge where they are boring holes in the earth from dusting themselves lol. Im gonna pull it tomorrow and ill post vids if there are some good ones.

• Like 1

I'm borrowing my father in laws gun for my first attempt at turkeys this spring. Tried to convince wife that I "need" another stick but she just called her dad and had him lend me one out of his collection. Oh well. Maybe if I can bag one, she'll let me get my own. :wacko:<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

I'm borrowing my father in laws gun for my first attempt at turkeys this spring. Tried to convince wife that I "need" another stick but she just called her dad and had him lend me one out of his collection. Oh well. Maybe if I can bag one, she'll let me get my own. :wacko:<br /><br />Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2<br /><br />

Tell her that you would feel awful if something happened to her dads gun, and that if something did happen to it, you would have to replace it. Throw in the fact that you can pick up a good turkey gun for not a lot of $$$$