Why we need Trump in 2024

Lefty, I understand what youre saying , but with all due respect, if you would support Buttigieg-a farleft wokester-for Prez,  then I think that would disqualify you as ANY kind of Republican, Rockefeller included!! 
Only you, of course, can truly know what your belief system/political ideology is, but it just seems to me the old "Walks like a Duck, talks like a Duck" adage would apply here; and  If you like and support a far lefty like Buttigieg, then you aint a conservative seems apt to me.  As an example, if I made a claim to you that in reality, I'm a liberal Democrat and have just been voting Republican/supporting Trump recently due to Bidens incompetence, would you believe me? Every political post authored by me on here (sans the abortion issue as Im pro choice) has been pro Republican/Conservative just as EVERY ONE of yours has been pro Dem/Liberal and/or anti Republican; yet youre a Rebulican?  Forgive me, but I is dubious!!
Now, dont get me wrong; being Liberal is fine w me, just be honest about it!!  I think that Liberals are mostly wrong in contemporary society because they obsess over race-for example, the inane "roads are racist" nonsense touted by Buttigieg-gender and  identity politics(among countless other issues) which I think are generally, a waste of time due to the progression of society. IMHO,  these issues are actually WORSENED by their constant aggravation.
If it were 1930, Im sure Id be a Liberal- seriously , because back then, there was a real reason for it, but not today as weve come so far as a nation .  

You asked me in a previous post if I would object to a Buttigieg candidacy and if so, basically, what the nature of that objection would be- I answered. So now, if I may, let me ask you this: would you support a Ron Desantis run for President (this is for my  man Rob!!  )?  And if not, what would your objection be? I couldnt imagine that youd have a problem with it right, being a Republican and all, correct? And if not, why not?
Great discussion here, btw

BTW. Desantis is prob my third or fourth pick. But he has some push behind him and is prob gonna have a chance to win the primary. And is a viable candidate people are talking about.

I am a big fan of Rand Paul and Mike Lee. But dunno that they could get the wave to get them to win the primary. Hopefully Mike Lee is on the supreme court one day.

And of course I am a big Mike Rowe fan. I would take his common sense and demeanor anyday!

And am also a fan of Nicki Haley. Lots of choices.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I think Mike Pence would have the greatest margin of victory in the general election, especially if he can establish a strong truce with Trump during the primaries.  

I can’t see many registered Democrats voting for any of the other candidates that have been mentioned.  Pence would also have more appeal to those in the middle. 

At the rate the Democrats are loosing control of the country and the world, the only question is if there will be anything left to govern by 2024.  

2 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

i outlined that for sure.  They hate him, its that easy. As do so many republicans and dems.  He is a waste of time at this point for both sides.  Better options to be had that are electable.  if i was a dem i would be hoping he runs as he is about the only person or inattimiate object that could ever possibly lose to Joe Biden and prob will again.  All you have to do is start showing all the Jan 6th footage and get him all riled up and his Ego inflammed so he looks like an angry man and hes done. Whether you agree with Jan 6th or not he is still gonna have to tow that behind him. How can you say he can beat anyone out there ?? 2020 ring a bell?  Lets not take the chance and have a candidate that will plow the ground with all of them.  Drop the Trump revenge, move on for whats best for the country and help get rid of some of this division.  A Rep of any sort other than him with a landslide win has a chance to do that.  If you cant see how much he is hated by so many in the country then i dont know what to tell you. As i said people that push for him are my worst fear in this election, not the Dems. Cause it will be a Reagen type of win otherwise.  

Lol. They hate him. Fine. But that has nothing to do with the fact that they are and always have been trying to find the only way they can be rid of him and that’s with the law.  That’s not the sound of a group of people that think they can beat him again. They are scared shitless if this man getting back in office. Americans that have business and want their financial lives back will be all over voting for trump again. You fail to see the fact that he still carries the most weight in that party and there is a reason for that. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, left field said:

I don't subscribe to or particularly care about political designations (left/right, liberal/conservative, dem/rep).

You dont? But you clealry definied yourself as an RR , didnt you? Thats a political designation , isnt it?

I think the blind adherence to a political ideology and party borders on zealotry and is the mark of the unthinking

I agree to a certain extent , but only if it constrains the thinker , preventing them from thinking outside the box. I politically identify as a center-right conservative 90% of the time, but some of my social views,  for sure, would be considered to be socially liberal (e.g. abortion rights, gay marriage , etc.). However, that self identification has never constrained my thinking IMHO (at least as far as I know :D).

But, if it helps, I have repeatedly said that I'm liberal here and conservative there

I guess I might have missed that; as far as I can recall, youve called labelled yourself as Conservative before, then an RR more recently; never a Liberal as far as I know ( but I could be wrong, of course).

3 hours ago, left field said:

As for Buttegieg, I like smart people.

Really? I dont get that at all from him, but hey, beautys in the eye of the beholder, I guess!!  I actually find Trump to be quite intelligent- I know you will disagree. So I guess well have to agree to diagree here!!

Did you watch that Wyoming debate I posted? I would vote for Cheney based on that. Who would you choose?

Definitely not Cheney!! Shes a gutless, spineless political hack IMHO.  I doubt you will get the chance to vote for that RINO for Prez , unless she runs as a Democrat ,of course :D .  As for the debate, I havent yet watched it but will try to this afternoon.

I'm a little surprised by that lack of discussion on the Jan 6 hearings here. The country was almost lost by a violent attack on the capitol during the peaceful transfer of power and that was all on Trump.

I'm not as I think your characterization of it is hyperbolic and inaccurate.  

Oh well, gas prices and Hunter's laptop.

Correct- and very real examples of political malfeasance and - as Hunter said himself "venality".  

Desantis scares the hell out of me. He is ten times smarter than Trump but seems to be an evil vindictive prick and I think he would finish what Trump started.

Explain this if you dont mind; scares you- for what reason? Finish what Trump started ? Translation? You mean youre more afraid of what Desantis MIGHT do if elected than whats going on currently under this abomination of an administration? Surely, you jest!!!

If you want the Reps to take control again, then reread Crappy and Rob. They seem to get it. You're Trump adoration is not only going to hurt the country, it will hurt you

Im surprised you say this, when you dont seem to care for any Republican .  Would you like a Republican next time or not ? Respond to my quertry if you please, Dear Sir!!! :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Robhuntandfish said:

BTW. Desantis is prob my third or fourth pick. But he has some push behind him and is prob gonna have a chance to win the primary. And is a viable candidate people are talking about.

I am a big fan of Rand Paul and Mike Lee. But dunno that they could get the wave to get them to win the primary. Hopefully Mike Lee is on the supreme court one day.

And of course I am a big Mike Rowe fan. I would take his common sense and demeanor anyday!

And am also a fan of Nicki Haley. Lots of choices.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

You actually may convince me to change my mind about this Trump business, you know- seriously. I do respect the opnion of moderate Dems (e.g. Mike and Spliear) and if what they say is accurate, that is a cause for concern for me next election cycle.  All of the people you mentioned I like too; no arguments here , whatsoever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

You actually may convince me to change my mind about this Trump business, you know- seriously. I do respect the opnion of moderate Dems (e.g. Mike and Spliear) and if what they say is accurate, that is a cause for concern for me next election cycle.  All of the people you mentioned I like too; no arguments here , whatsoever.

and i will conceed that Trump policy wise far exceeded my expectations.  He did things i wanted to stand and applaud at times.  But my biggest concern is another 4 years of what we see now and none of us survive it. 

and remember Desantis' social moniker... "Trump without the Twitter"  lol

Edited by Robhuntandfish
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Northcountryman said:

I am so far left you would be shocked. 

It is funny that most democrats are labeled far left when most of them are much closer to the center imo. I guess it really depends on your point of view. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Northcountryman said:

You dont? But you clealry definied yourself as an RR , didnt you? Thats a political designation , isnt it?

I agree to a certain extent , but only if it constrains the thinker , preventing them from thinking outside the box. I politically identify as a center-right conservative 90% of the time, but some of my social views,  for sure, would be considered to be socially liberal (e.g. abortion rights, gay marriage , etc.). However, that self identification has never constrained my thinking IMHO (at least as far as I know :D).

I guess I might have missed that; as far as I can recall, youve called labelled yourself as Conservative before, then an RR more recently; never a Liberal as far as I know ( but I could be wrong, of course).

Really? I dont get that at all from him, but hey, beautys in the eye of the beholder, I guess!!  I actually find Trump to be quite intelligent- I know you will disagree. So I guess well have to agree to diagree here!!

Definitely not Cheney!! Shes a gutless, spineless political hack IMHO.  I doubt you will get the chance to vote for that RINO for Prez , unless she runs as a Democrat ,of course :D .  As for the debate, I havent yet watched it but will try to this afternoon.

I'm not as I think your characterization of it is hyperbolic and inaccurate.  

Correct- and very real examples of political malfeasance and - as Hunter said himself "venality".  

Explain this if you dont mind; scares you- for what reason? Finish what Trump started ? Translation? You mean youre more afraid of what Desantis MIGHT do if elected than whats going on currently under this abomination of an administration? Surely, you jest!!!

Im surprised you say this, when you dont seem to care for any Republican .  Would you like a Republican next time or not ? Respond to my quertry if you please, Dear Sir!!! :)

That's a lot of questions. Quickly:

I used RR as a simple way of saying socially liberal, fiscally conservative. And it has a nice ring to it. Call it moderate of you like. If forced to ID myself, I would simply say:

Your Cheney dislike is misplaced as she's about as conservative as they come. Far more conservative than Trump. She's smart enough to recognize the danger that Trump represented - like everyone in his circle - and has enough balls - unlike everyone in his circle - to take him on. Watch the video and ask who should be in congress and who shouldn't be allowed to drive a motor vehicle.

As I said, Desantis impresses me as a prick. No big deal when to comes to someone not that bright like Trump, but dangerous as hell in someone smart as Desantis. I think he would divide the country even more and push us to the brink.

Not sure I have an answer as to which Rep I like. Or Dem for that matter. The whole thing is a shitshow. 

• Like 1

That's a lot of questions. Quickly:
I used RR as a simple way of saying socially liberal, fiscally conservative. And it has a nice ring to it. Call it moderate of you like. If forced to ID myself, I would simply say:

Your Cheney dislike is misplaced as she's about as conservative as they come. Far more conservative than Trump. She's smart enough to recognize the danger that Trump represented - like everyone in his circle - and has enough balls - unlike everyone in his circle - to take him on. Watch the video and ask who should be in congress and who shouldn't be allowed to drive a motor vehicle.
As I said, Desantis impresses me as a prick. No big deal when to comes to someone not that bright like Trump, but dangerous as hell in someone smart as Desantis. I think he would divide the country even more and push us to the brink.
Not sure I have an answer as to which Rep I like. Or Dem for that matter. The whole thing is a shitshow. 

Thoughts on Hunter Biden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Your Cheney dislike is misplaced as she's about as conservative as they come.

Shes a RINO and will be booted out of office next eletion cycle (this year maybe?). I dont like her cuz shes unscrupulous, a plotical opportunist , and a turncoat (among a myriad of other reasons). 

As I said, Desantis impresses me as a prick. No big deal when to comes to someone not that bright like Trump, but dangerous as hell in someone smart as Desantis

Again , youre not concerned about the current administrations blunders , missteps and horrible policy decisions? Youre on of the few , if so!!

:)

2 hours ago, BizCT said:

Thoughts on Hunter Biden?

Thank, God, he wasn't voted into office.

1 hour ago, Northcountryman said:

Shes a RINO and will be booted out of office next eletion cycle (this year maybe?). I dont like her cuz shes unscrupulous, a plotical opportunist , and a turncoat (among a myriad of other reasons). 

Again , youre not concerned about the current administrations blunders , missteps and horrible policy decisions? Youre on of the few , if so!!

:)

“Let me remind everyone, while Democrats are being fooled by Liz Cheney right now, they should remember that she is not a Democrat,” the Georgia Republican said Thursday on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast about her House colleague from Wyoming. “As a matter of fact, she has a very conservative voting record. More conservative than some of my Republican colleagues, by the way.” ~ MTG

I'm on record saying that Biden is way too old for the office and that he will be a one-term president. Done some things I like, some things I don't.

I appreciate that he was handed a complete disaster of a situation. I'm just riding him out. If the reps take the house, I expect the whole thing to just grind to a halt or blow up. Maybe not a bad thing.

The current two-party system is a mess and I see no way through it. A viable third party will only come about if one side implodes - Trump vs Desantis could do it - but that would take years. In the interim, I would install term limits for congress and the Supreme Court, consider limiting the power of the president (too much power for one person), and setting up an panel of former presidents to act as an advisors to the current president. Pretty tired of this treadmill of the new guy undoing the work of the last guy only to have his decisions undone by the next guy. I would also suggest that cabinet members be chosen from an equal mix of both sides of the aisle. 

It's all fun and games to watch the parties chew each other up until you realize that these ass clowns are doing so at our expense. 

Cheney is interesting. As I said, she's far more conservative than your stud-muffin, Donny Two Scoops, with bigger balls. Not sure why you don't like her. Is it because she isn't a Trump lickspittle like the rest?

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Thank, God, he wasn't voted into office.

I'm on record saying that Biden is way too old for the office and that he will be a one-term president. Done some things I like, some things I don't.

I appreciate that he was handed a complete disaster of a situation. I'm just riding him out. If the reps take the house, I expect the whole thing to just grind to a halt or blow up. Maybe not a bad thing.

The current two-party system is a mess and I see no way through it. A viable third party will only come about if one side implodes - Trump vs Desantis could do it - but that would take years. In the interim, I would install term limits for congress and the Supreme Court, consider limiting the power of the president (too much power for one person), and setting up an panel of former presidents to act as an advisors to the current president. Pretty tired of this treadmill of the new guy undoing the work of the last guy only to have his decisions undone by the next guy. I would also suggest that cabinet members be chosen from an equal mix of both sides of the aisle. 

It's all fun and games to watch the parties chew each other up until you realize that these ass clowns are doing so at our expense. 

Cheney is interesting. As I said, she's far more conservative than your stud-muffin, Donny Two Scoops, with bigger balls. Not sure why you don't like her. Is it because she isn't a Trump lickspittle like the rest?

I would love to see that list of things he has done good that you agree with?  Trump stood on that stage and told Americans just what they would get if that democrat got into office. And we saw every single word and then some come to be fact. It would take a complete fool to vote in anything democratic anywhere on any stage. Like the idiot we have in Albany that replaced the idiot in Albany. There is one democrat in West Virginia that would be even considered to be voted for for any position in politics. The rest have proven themselves useless every time they hit the big stage and a Republican has to come in and get the country and it’s people back in order. Just like the bullshit BLM. Where are they now that a democrat is in?  When crap is being paid for and supported by a side it’s pretty easy to see after the smoke clears 

• Like 2

Done some things I like, some things I don't.

I appreciate that he was handed a complete disaster of a situation. 

I read some of your posts and thought middle of the road and then I read this and think you were run over on that road.

Please don't tarnish the conservative name by claiming your one.

Handed a complete disaster of a situation ?

Come on Man !

Cheney ?

This is from her website ;

Liz Cheney serves as Wyoming’s lone member of Congress in the U.S. House of Representatives. She was first elected in 2016 on a platform of restoring America’s strength and power in the world, and pursuing conservative solutions to create jobs, cut taxes and regulation, and expand America’s energy, mining and agriculture industries. Cheney sits on the House Armed Services Committee and also serves as the Vice Chair for the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.

She ran for office promising what is underlined and didn't do one thing for the residents of Wyoming in any of those fields while representing them.

Then there's this;

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/23/us/politics/liz-cheney-wyoming-democrats.html

She thinks that being on the Jan 6th committee is going to save her, which only puts her sanity into question, as she represents a state that voted over 70% for Trump.

Her ship is sailing away, but maybe they'll save a spot for Liz on the CNN life boat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

The choices in the next few elections are simple.  Vote for Democrats and get bigger, more totalitarian government and far less freedom, or vote Republican and reverse all of this leftist oppression and destruction.

And if you hate Trump, you are not thinking for yourself, because he's the guy who succeeded in reversing that leftist destruction when he was in office.  Then the haters, the low info, low IQ voters that are manipulated by the media, saw to it we got it all back.  They not only hate Trump, they hate what the country has always been and should always be.  A land directed by the US Constitution and the Rule of Law.

12 hours ago, left field said:

Done some things I like, some things I don't.

Well, like Four Seasons said, I cant imagine the things that his Manipulators have done since hes been in office ( I say that because it it readily apparent he has NOT in charge and that is doing what hes told to )that you like.  It is very easy, of course , to compile a list of things theyve done that HAVENT been good; the list would be Ginormous!!

But to compile a list of accomplishments?? 

Completely untrue.

Pretty tired of this treadmill of the new guy undoing the work of the last guy only to have his decisions undone by the next guy. I would also suggest that cabinet members be chosen from an equal mix of both sides of the aisle. 

Agreed

Shes garbage that is about to be disposed of by the people of Wyoming !!! :)

And today the Democrats are proposing new tax increases.  That should do wonders for the working people in this country.  Nothing they like better than higher taxes and higher spending.  You have got to be a complete fool to support Democrats, and I say that having met many of them.

Paid $4.25 for gas in NJ today. It seems that gas prices may be coming down too quickly.

The Biden Administrations press secretary encouraged and the DOJ allowing abortion protestors to break the law while holding j6 protesters accountable. I hate the 2 tier justice system on political beliefs.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/1507

73B0DED9-44A6-4726-B8BA-EA31F7AEB65F.jpeg

10 hours ago, Shoots100 said:

I read some of your posts and thought middle of the road and then I read this and think you were run over on that road.

Please don't tarnish the conservative name by claiming your one.

Handed a complete disaster of a situation ?

Come on Man !

Cheney ?

This is from her website ;

Liz Cheney serves as Wyoming’s lone member of Congress in the U.S. House of Representatives. She was first elected in 2016 on a platform of restoring America’s strength and power in the world, and pursuing conservative solutions to create jobs, cut taxes and regulation, and expand America’s energy, mining and agriculture industries. Cheney sits on the House Armed Services Committee and also serves as the Vice Chair for the House Select Committee to Investigate the January 6th Attack on the United States Capitol.

She ran for office promising what is underlined and didn't do one thing for the residents of Wyoming in any of those fields while representing them.

Then there's this;

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/06/23/us/politics/liz-cheney-wyoming-democrats.html

She thinks that being on the Jan 6th committee is going to save her, which only puts her sanity into question, as she represents a state that voted over 70% for Trump.

Her ship is sailing away, but maybe they'll save a spot for Liz on the CNN life boat.

Tarnishing the conservative name? To quote Groucho, I would never belong to a club that would have someone like me as a member.

Did you read this part of the NYT article:

"It is fairly typical for moderate Wyoming Republicans to recruit Democrats to switch parties ahead of primaries — it was key to Gov. Mark Gordon’s victory over a primary field that included Ms. Hageman in 2018. Democrats and independents can change their party affiliations by mail up to 14 days before the primary, or they can do so at the polls on Election Day."

A hard-core conservative politician (Dick Cheney's daughter no less) reaching across the aisle to represent her constituents and unafraid to pour salt on the biggest slug in the swamp? Kind of thought you guys would be all over this. 

Where are you on Kinzinger?

2 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

Shes garbage that is about to be disposed of by the people of Wyoming !!! :)

Can you give me a garbage example other than she's smacking Trump upside the head?

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im finding it hard to believe we are celebrating gas in the mid $4s

We're not. I simply pointed out that the price had dropped $0.75. Too fast for Fox.

51 minutes ago, Grouse said:

More proof the left hates the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

I see you've been up all night, shitposting on your employer's dime. Way to keep the economy rolling.

So, Biden.

He represents that last of a generation of politicians that believe in bipartisanship. It's clear that the new generation (on both sides) want to tear down the institutions that made this country what it is. There was a time when they worked together for the betterment of the country. Now, it seems that pwning the other side is the goal.

I said early on that Biden's opportunity was to reset the country after almost losing it to Trump and his masters. We came this close. When a former National Security Advisor tales the Fifth when asked if he believes in the peaceful transfer of power, you're in strange new water. In a dead wind. When a sitting president gives the order to let an armed mob past security and encourages them to match on the capital, well, let's hope charges come out of this.

Biden good:

Bipartisan infrastructure bill in record time. Someone told me that Trump used to be a builder or something and he couldn't do it.

Rolling out the vaccines in record time and getting them to people.

Jobless claims the lowest they've been in 50 years.

More new jobs created than in any other year.

Unemployment at 3.9 percent.

He put together an extraordinary EU coalition against Russia when they invaded Ukraine. 

He looks great is a suit and has normal sized man hands unlike Fat Donny Two Scoops.

Bad:

Harris. I am shocked how terrible she is or at least how awful her optics are.

Afghanistan. Good idea, badly executed. Not sure that's totally on him, but the buck stops at his desk.

Inflation. This is a tough one. What's to blame? Pandemic, European war, supply chain? Who's to blame? WH? Fed? Corporations raising prices through the roof because they can? 

Age isn't doing kind things to his mind.

To sum up, as I've said many times: good/bad, I'm kind of in the middle and roll with the punches. 

It all gets real simple for me:

Trump- Energy independence, a stable border, excellent economy, my retirement funds growing like crazy, none of this out-of-control woke nonsense coming from the presidency.........Life was good!

Biden and his merry band of Democrats- disastrous withdrawal from Afghanistan, wide open border that is now controlled by the drug cartels, crime at ridiculous levels and climbing, inflation with recession a certainty, all time record prices of gas and we haven't even seen what will be happening to fuel oil yet with these ridiculous energy policies. My retirement funds are taking a huge hit with no relief in sight.

Oh, and in case people want to give all Dems other than Biden a pass, Remember that Pelosi and her merry band of Democrats have voted for all of these irresponsible spending bill through both houses.

I'll take Trump and common sense policies any day over the crazy Democrats that pass all kinds of crazy screwed up spending bills.

• Like 3