New Deer Hunting Show on History Channel

nyantler

It will be interesting when the first deer runs through their backyard sprayin blood all over the kids swingset!   That would open some eyes!!

Happens all the time down here....deer dying underneath big trampolines, in the middle of streets, in sandboxes, on school grounds, in public parks, etc.

I have bowhunted in New Canaan and there is no way on earth that you're going to walk through people's yards at night with a flashlight looking for a deer.  Not in that neighborhood you're not.  You'd have the SWAT team surrounding you in a matter of minutes!!

The show was stupid and so is the concept they chose of producing it.  Makes hunter's look like a bunch of morons.

The show is staged and the reason they have places to hunt is because of his ties to that community through his family.

No matter what , the show is still more entertaining than watching Jackie Bushwacker on Buckmasters or any of the guys on the other canned hunts .

No doubt about it. I imagine the show does exactly what they intended it to ...... it entertains. It's funny. I doubt they are trying to produce a how-to program on suburban hunting. Contrast that with these other hunting shows where the hunter-heroes take themselves so seriously that it makes you want to vomit. You want to talk about staged situations and scripted dialog, just look at any of the standard hunting videos and TV programs and you will see that this show does the same thing, it's just that they have found some humor in suburban hunting situations and decided to make an attempt at entertaining people with it.

Like I said before, I tuned in ready to pan the whole concept and nit-pick the show to death. After a couple minutes, I realized that somebody was trying to entertain me unlike other shows where they are trying (unsuccessfully) to "impress" me. That's when I figured out that the thing to do was watch the program in the spirit of fun that was intended. I'm not sure just where the show will eventually wind up, but what I have seen so far is harmless and fun.

WNY they only have tracking rights if they know those landowners.  The people that live in those areas are not the friendliest of folks.  I know because I hunted up there for 5 years.  Most of them just look down their noses at you if you're not one of them.

The reason they make hunters look like morons is because they are morons.  Perception of hunter's is depicted by these guys?  They could have done much better in picking a "crew" to film.

Bottom line is that the show sucks!!!  IMO

Are you kidding me,  That show was ridiculous.  The only thing those dipshits do is ruin fairfield county.  Everbody and there brother are gonna be there now just like 20 yrs ago what happened to westchester county.  And yea there was some stuff like the dogs barking and the people walking under the treestands but nobody in New canaan rakes there own leaves let alone at 6am....  And like someone said above there is noway you are tracking a deer through peoples yards at night with flashlights..........

Plus ..... they weren't trying to sell salt licks , mineral blocks , and other feed supplements like Hank Dickers and the Big Hunting Shows . None of those guys were using Swackers ! :girlcrazy:

Did they have a logo on everything? Or any awkwardly long logo camera shots.

Sent from my Droid

WNY they only have tracking rights if they know those landowners. The people that live in those areas are not the friendliest of folks. I know because I hunted up there for 5 years. Most of them just look down their noses at you if you're not one of them.

The reason they make hunters look like morons is because they are morons. Perception of hunter's is depicted by these guys? They could have done much better in picking a "crew" to film.

Bottom line is that the show sucks!!! IMO

Right, and during the first episode they explained they had gotten the rights to hunt the properties. They also only tracked a short ways at night and explained that they did not want to trespass in the dark by mistake.

As far as people looking down their noses at them, I guess you missed the part when he explained how far back his family goes with the area. Sounds to me like they are a pretty established part of the community. I can imagine thats why they get the permission that they do.

Now, please explain how they are making hunters look like morons as you claim.

They don't hunt an area unless the property owner signs the permission slip .

Maybe others like the canned hunts where the shooter has to decide which one of the 10 bucks in the baited field to shoot . Like ole Hank and his C'mere deer .......

I was a bit taken aback when the hunter was hunting on the porch and the husband came out and the hunter pratically cussed the husband out. Is that how they treat property owners?

Actually, he didnt cuss anyone out, he let them know that if they wanted the deer taken, they couldnt keep coming outside asking him if hed shot anything yet, and he said please multiple times. He also explained that those particular people were ones he had known for a long time. You could also tell the conversation was edited up, and like things go on any tv show, Id be willing to bet the people coming out to ask questions was most likely staged, or partially staged.

How much do you think is staged on most of the hunting shows on the Outdoor channel, etc?

I watched 2 episodes and in a weird way, it's entertaining even though its staged for TV and over dramatized.

It's like watching Mountain Men or Inked or any other "reality" TV show. Take it with a grain of salt. There are many hunting shows out there on TV that are far worse production wise.

I only worry how non hunters will think of us after watching some of this. We have enough haters out there trying to make it more difficult for us to hunt.

Rudy

Sent from my camo iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

I had to install a Real Estate sign on Old Brook Trail in Mendon a few years ago . I was required to talk to the home owner to make sure where the property line was as her house sets back from the road . She was probably around 80- 85 years old . She had a couple of signs on her garage which led me to believe that she was an anti hunter .

I asked her if she was one of those Peta folks . She said ," I used to be but those damned deer eat my shrubs , flowers , and garden and I have to replant every year ." She also said , " I wouldn't care if they killed every damned deer there was" ! Soooooo , some people change their tune when God's little creatures have an adverse effect on their lives .

Apparently the deer in Connecticut had become a nuisance in the community and homeowners wanted them culled to reduce the damage they cause .

Right, and during the first episode they explained they had gotten the rights to hunt the properties. They also only tracked a short ways at night and explained that they did not want to trespass in the dark by mistake.

As far as people looking down their noses at them, I guess you missed the part when he explained how far back his family goes with the area. Sounds to me like they are a pretty established part of the community. I can imagine thats why they get the permission that they do.

Now, please explain how they are making hunters look like morons as you claim.

Go back and read my posts and you'll see that I didn't miss the fact that they are established in that community.

These guys are morons and the show is moronic and thus the perception people, non-hunters,  get from watching them is the perception they'll have about all hunters. 

I have to say that I believe that darned few non-hunters probably even made through the first show. Really, there isn't a whole lot there for anyone who isn't into hunting in some fashion. But for those non-hunters who toughed it out, they were treated to a glimpse into the kinds of situations that home-owners, auto drivers, and even the animals themselves encounter when deer populations run uncontrolled. Frankly, I think that's a good thing for hunting.

As far as the personalities involved, it does demonstrate that we are not all a secretive bunch of crazy wild eyed killers skulking around in the shadows with only killing on our minds. These guys have personalities and a pretty good sense of humor and really aren't any different from any other group of people that get together. It actually puts an agreeable face on hunters and portrays them as real people instead of whatever negative stereo-types we may currently hold in their minds and imaginations.