New Deer Hunting Show on History Channel

nyantler

Go back and read my posts and you'll see that I didn't miss the fact that they are established in that community.

These guys are morons and the show is moronic and thus the perception people, non-hunters, get from watching them is the perception they'll have about all hunters.

So are you going to answer my question or just continue to talk around it?

I answered your question twice. Obviously you didn't notice that either.

I'm thinking you may be related to those guys.

Still doesn't explain how it makes hunters look like morons .... I met crazier bunches a good ol boys than that at deer camp .. One guy was pretty polite n thrifty when askin permission ... And there are people like the others everywhere that don't even hunt... And I keep asking myself .... "Why do u care so much "... Lighten up , not like its gonna effect anything ....

• Like 2

Still doesn't explain how it makes hunters look like morons .... I met crazier bunches a good ol boys than that at deer camp .. One guy was pretty polite n thrifty when askin permission ... And there are people like the others everywhere that don't even hunt... And I keep asking myself .... "Why do u care so much "... Lighten up , not like its gonna effect anything ....

i

I was asked to answer and I did. I'm as lightened up as I can be.

You guys may want to look up the word perception. Maybe it'll enlighten some of you.

To me they did not come across as real bowhunters---------   They were waking up when it was light out.  They looked like buffoons to me.

Apparently they didn't need to be up early to cash in on shooting the deer . Why be up at 6 am if the deer aren't going to show up until 10 o'clock and you only have to make a short drive .

My advice , don't watch the show again . Watch re-runs of Laurence Welk .

I dvr'd the 2 shows. Watched the 1st, erased the 2nd and cancelled recording.

Nothing entertaining I saw - shots of an unflushed toilet are not things I seek out.

I'm not alone - 99% of the Ct/NE hunters on the Bowsite CT state forum consider it trash and are less than excited about being portrayed the way these clowns and producers decided to go. For the little TV I do watch, I choose from some of the shows that are actually good - in my opinion.

Where are the Lawrence Welk reruns? I'd watch.

I dvr'd the 2 shows. Watched the 1st, erased the 2nd and cancelled recording.

Nothing entertaining I saw - shots of an unflushed toilet are not things I seek out.

I'm not alone - 99% of the Ct/NE hunters on the Bowsite CT state forum consider it trash and are less than excited about being portrayed the way these clowns and producers decided to go. For the little TV I do watch, I choose from some of the shows that are actually good - in my opinion.

Where are the Lawrence Welk reruns? I'd watch.

LOL   right on

No matter what , the show is still more entertaining than watching Jackie Bushwacker on Buckmasters or any of the guys on the other canned hunts .

That it is... and no kissing up to sponsors.. that helps... I just wonder where they always get the seven dwarf characters for these shows.

A little bit too "low-brow" for some I guess. But I got enough chuckles out of it to warrent another week of watching. I can almost look at this stuff like from the outside. It's not any style of hunting that I will ever do or ever want to do. So I see it as pure entertainment without anybody trying to fool me into thinking I should take it seriously. I gave up on expecting the TV to be a tool of education a long time ago .... lol.

But as for those that didn't care for it, try not to get so crazy-irritated over it ..... relax ..... it's not a program that is going to change any part of your life or anybody else's life either. One of the reasons that we have the ability to change channels is so that we don't have to watch things that we don't want to.

• Like 1

My thoughts after watching first 2:

1.  Where is the "chasing of tail"?  I saw like one or two shots.  The rest was fluff.  I get its first show and all and have to set it up, but there isn't any "science" behind why they need  to harvest these deer or evidence of overpopulation. 

2.  It seems like its more a home showcase as much as they spend on the mansions.

3.  How did these guys ever pitch this show? and what producers said yeah, those are they guys i want doing it.

like many other shows, i loved the premise, but execution was far from desirable. 

It's like I said earlier. This is not a hunting show. Those that tuned in expecting it to be have been terribly disappointed. It is a show about deer population control in an out-of-control deer herd. There's nothing pretty about it. The challenges are completely unrelated to the "how" of hunting and has more to do with social interface with each other and the neighborhood. It is what it is and cannot be molded around to fit our ideas of hunting. They have thrown some humor into the mix and called it a TV program. Whether it will work out or not remains to be seen. My feeling is that it may run out of material before long, but so far I've gotten a few chuckles out the situations and the interactions among the group. Plus, I have heard a lot about suburban deer hunting, and it is kind of interesting to see how these guys actually pull it off.

• Like 1

How many of you guy's have deer camps that are that filthy, really does not help a hunters image in my view. I hunt suburbs in NJ and the show depicts real situations but why do hunters have to look like slobs? Reality is some are, but to focus on it is not necessary. I will watch it again and it is entertaining... slightly, but probably because I sometimes hunt suburbia as they do.

Love the show. Its funny and entertaining. Doc is right...the deer are out of control in that area and need to be thinned out. Its very hard to hunt in CT as well as get permission. Those guys not only get deer, they give some meat away as well. Enjoy it for whats is worth or flick the next channel button....

I think the show is pretty cool... That's their deer camp and it works for them, I don't see anything wrong with the show, I mean it just started. I can relate to that Saburban hunting... Hey you never know, the show might open some I unknowledgable antis into our world and maybe they will see the need for hunting. Who knows

• Like 1

I'm not going to critize any of them because they get the permission and do what they like to do. It's just not a method of hunting I would like to do because when all you see out of your window everyday is a brick wall and hear trucks driving across a bridge, it's nice to get deep in the woods and not hear anything. I also would find it stressful dealing with people and pets etc... all the while. For example, I'm watching right now and the guy has to rake leaves and fertilize the grass instead of hunt lol!

Still watching it though, as it is a different take on things that I am used to.

Edited by PostedBoys Gallego