New Deer Hunting Show on History Channel

nyantler

The raking leaves thing is for tv lol.. There are alot of things on reality tv done for the show. Gives a funny edge

When is the LI version coming out Geno?

I am submitting tapes as we speak... Called chasing LI tail lol

• Like 1

To me they did not come across as real bowhunters--------- They were waking up when it was light out. They looked like buffoons to me.

I dont remember seeing them waking up when it was light out. I saw them having lunch and waking up from naps when it was light out. I guess anyone that doesnt hunt all day straight every day isnt a real bowhunter eh?

i

I was asked to answer and I did. I'm as lightened up as I can be.

You guys may want to look up the word perception. Maybe it'll enlighten some of you.

Actually you still havent answered my question. You saying they look like morons isnt a reason why you claim that in the first place. What did they do that makes hunters look like morons?

I dont remember seeing them waking up when it was light out. I saw them having lunch and waking up from naps when it was light out. I guess anyone that doesnt hunt all day straight every day isnt a real bowhunter eh?

What are you talking about?  Did you even watch the show?  They are there only on the weekends and when the guy woke up to go sit on somebodys deck he left when it was light out and everyone was still at camp..........  If your gonna keep sticking up for these clowns just come out and say that they are family or you know them..................

Lmao, the guy pulled up when it was light to that one, yes. It didnt show him waking up or anyone at camp. Im not sticking up for anything, just trying to understand what you haters are hating on because I just dont see it.

Looks like your posts arent any less silly or assuming than ever. Next....

Lmao, the guy pulled up when it was light to that one, yes. It didnt show him waking up or anyone at camp. Im not sticking up for anything, just trying to understand what you haters are hating on because I just dont see it.

Looks like your posts arent any less silly or assuming than ever. Next....

Honestly,  The reason I am hating is because I was so pumped for this show and was waiting weeks for it to come on and it was frigging horrible and I doubt will be on much longer.  Sorry,  I was very disapointed.

Lets get real for a second--------------  There is a couple of hunters I know from that area that shoot monsters consistently True bowhunters that would have made a great show.  This show is a comedy.  It does have much to do about actual hunting.......

Thats ok. I think thats what alot of guys feel like. They were hoping for a hunting show like the ones you normally see on the sportsman channel, etc. Thats just not what it is. I personally didnt expect it to be a regular hunting show, and kinda like that it isnt. I dont know how many Cuddyback or Mathews commercials I can take anyway lol.

Btw, as long as these guys are taking ethical shots and following the law, i dont see why they are any less of a bow hunter than any one else.

Honestly,  The reason I am hating is because I was so pumped for this show and was waiting weeks for it to come on and it was frigging horrible and I doubt will be on much longer.  Sorry,  I was very disapointed.

Good grief man.... life is full of letdowns. A television show shouldn't be one of them,lol.

I liked it, but I didn't waste weeks waiting for it..... maybe that's the difference.

You thought a a show about hunting in CT at huge rich people homes were goin to be like a Typical hunting show? Lol. Take it for what it is, like WNY said, they respect the sport and the homes and people they hunt near, follow the law and have access to some prime hunting, inspite of their attitudes they are no less a hunter then anyone here.

Lets get real for a second--------------  There is a couple of hunters I know from that area that shoot monsters consistently True bowhunters that would have made a great show.  This show is a comedy.  It does have much to do about actual hunting.......

SORRY bud but thats not what makes a true hunter....

I havnt watched the show but from what ive heard they sound like great everyday like-able guys who hunt for REAL not just shooting monsters in a pen...

Alright fellas, I film regular folks hunting all over the country. So if you didn't like Chasing Tail, you just might like the full feature films I put together:

http://www.huntography.com/2012-huntographers/2011-huntographers/

http://www.huntography.com/2012-huntographers/

Heck, I grew up hunting in Ulster and Delaware county on both my back 40 and on public land. I'd love to film some of you guys in the future to show everyone how New Yorker's hunt.

Rudy

Sent from my camo iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

It's reality TV bottom line. Seems like any camp full of hunters who have their own traditions and jokes. Some of the angles they show may show people the need for hunting. Who knows, as the season goes on it may show negatives but until that happens I happen to think its a good show. But it's only the first episode guys haha. Only thing i know from my experience to that hunting environment is SHOT PLACEMENT. I have let many deer walk cause I had the wrong angle... Didn't want to risk having the deer die on a bordering property. Took a few deer right angle right shot piled up no more then 30 yards. Even tho having the deer go a short distance is what I want I still think a factor of luck comes into play that it worked out that way. I shot a 7 point slight quater away and It went 20 yards fell over double lung. One thing I saw alot on the show is they track alot. When hunting like that you can't take those lower percentage shots that you can take in the regular woods where you can afford to track a deer 100-150 yards. Some suburban spots you don't get much distance until the deer hits another property line but then again we don't know howmuch property the home owners own that these guys are hunting. Looking fwd to the next show.

watched both episodes over the weekend. I wasn't very entertained. I think they did a decent enough job avoiding the redneck stereotype while also capturing it (the smoking hunters). I just didn't find it very entertaining. The characters (especially the over the top act from California which is purely for ratings) just weren't that interesting. I don't think the show damaged or helped hunters so far. But I did chuckle everytime they mentioned "controlling lime disease" as a need to hunt suburban deer.

Edited by Belo

Did they have a logo on everything? Or any awkwardly long logo camera shots.

Sent from my Droid

i did notice that at least 2 of them were shooting fully loaded new Z7s :wub:

but to yours and others point, it was nice not to be inundated with Under Armor, red neck blinds, Code Blue and Savage firearms etc. during the show and the commercials.

The one thing that would drive me crazy is all that smoking!! Lol, I'm a scent free freak, they are lucky they hunt that type is Saburban deer where deer are used to all sorts of human scent...

agreed. but i have guys in my camp like that too. it's sad but reality.

Also, not sure if everyone caught it, but they ran a blurb across the bottom that stated in their part of CT you have to take 3 doe before you earn your buck tag. Great idea in my opinion.

So smoking = redneck now? LOL, this just keeps getting funnier.

If you're smoking in your stand, I dont look upon you with envy and consider you a determined surgical hunter. I classify you in the pumpkin shotgun crowd that's more interested in "deer camp" then actually hunting. Wanna fight about it?

Were those Z7s or Heli-Ms?

i was pretty sure I saw the z7 logo. Could be wrong.

If you're smoking in your stand, I dont look upon you with envy and consider you a determined surgical hunter. I classify you in the pumpkin shotgun crowd that's more interested in "deer camp" then actually hunting. Wanna fight about it?

yup they shoot mathews, looked like Z7 to me also

Fight about what? The fact that you called smoking hunters rednecks and I see that as silly? If you are playing the wind, as you should be, it doesnt matter anyway. Plenty of non-rednecks smoke. But coming from the type that feels one bowhunter is not as much of a "true bowhunter" (whatever that means) as another just because they do something different, it doesnt surprise me much.

I also see that any discussion on here seems to be a "fight" to you as being rather silly as well. Anywho...

I didnt see the logos either, I was just wondering since they look very similar.

• Like 1

from a hunter's point of view, it's probably a more accurate depiction of the average group of guys that hunt together than the shows made up of professional hunters that sit around after the hunt, eat expertly prepared meals and drink from their red cups while acting like choir boys watching video replays of the days hunt and footage from the trail cameras.......that's all after they drive back into their $500,000.00 garage with their badboy buggy after laying the smack down on a mack daddy  buck.

• Like 1