New Deer Hunting Show on History Channel

nyantler

Ya think maybe the show might be scripted and that the Lady whose property they tresspassed on knew the script also . With the show being televised , there is no way she wouldn't have eventually found out about the deer recovery and those guys would be in deep doo-doo if that wasn't so . I would even bet that the dead doe was placed there just for the show .

I did not no a $75 trespassing ticket is considered deep doo doo

I did not no a $75 trespassing ticket is considered deep doo doo

Don't know what the Tresspassing cost would be but at least 2 of them would definitely be charged . And the landscaper and other guy were part of the conspiracy to tresspass so what would happen with them once the cops looked at the taped show . Maybe it was just "minor" doo doo .

I also agree with Dave about putting hunters in a bad light by the deception to sneak onto the property that was shown on the show . There was no way that women was going to let someone recover that deer and probably tell the DEC the same thing .

My gosh people ..... the damn show is humor. That stuff is funny. It's not a world commentary on what hunting is or what hunting means or what hunters do ..... it's not a documentary for crying out loud. My take is that if there are people out there that are going to use this show as some kind of negative evidence of what hunters do, chances are pretty good that they have already made up their minds that hunting is an evil activity. I think most people recognize tongue-in-cheek programming when they see it.

I guess if one is determined to criticize, perhaps their sense of humor gets a bit impaired. Frankly, I see it as a comical, no-win situation that this guy has gotten himself into. If you feel the need to make more of it than that, I guess you can feel free to do so.

I guess if one is determined to criticize, perhaps their sense of humor gets a bit impaired. Frankly, I see it as a comical, no-win situation that this guy has gotten himself into. If you feel the need to make more of it than that, I guess you can feel free to do so.

Thanks for the permission.

Words can't express what that means to me.

Well folks, that's what makes the world go around .... right. We don't all like the same things. As landtracdeerhunter said, we have a jillion channels to watch, and an easy ability to change those channels. But let's not make like this program is the end of hunting as we know it .... lol. Maybe it's not your cup of tea, and maybe you have a thin skin that can't take a funny look at ourselves, but sometimes it is good to just lighten up a bit and stop looking for a boogey-man in everything we see or hear.

Its still better then 90% of the High Fence hunting shows on TV.

Sent from my Droid

After watching the last 2 episodes, I agree with that. It's just like watching any other scripted made for TV show, like Pawn Stars, Mountain Men etc......it is what it is and I'm ok with it.

It makes be miss my Upstate New York hunting camp.

Rudy

most reality shows do a decent job of hiding the staged parts, this show does not. The scene with the rich animal lover was obviously staged but to me it's fine because it simply recreates what does really happen. If you can watch the show and keep in mind it's for entertainment and not serious it's decent. When you start to pick apart all the scenes (like the one where the old guy is in a treestand in someones yard and the owners come outside) then the show is not for you. Did that really happen? No. But people busting your hunt does happen in the burbs.

I have two sort of unrelated question for the bowhunters on this site. How many arrows do you keep in your quiver? I bring 4 into the woods. That old guys had like 8 in his quiver. wtf? And does anyone have a pickup with one of those "deer carrier things"? What's the point? Throw it in your bed...

Edited by Belo

holy crap, if guys are really going to go through this show with a fine tooth comb i mean really then dont watch it. its a freakin reality tv show. WTH are you guys expecting?? its on the history Ch not versus... you guys have issues seriously lol

if its so staged how do you know they didnt have permission to track a deer where they were or when and where their boundaries begin or end? you can tell all that from the few scenes they do show?

man some of you are like little nags that dont stop, you dont like it dont watch it. its simple...

I have two sort of unrelated question for the bowhunters on this site. How many arrows do you keep in your quiver? I bring 4 into the woods. That old guys had like 8 in his quiver. wtf? And does anyone have a pickup with one of those "deer carrier things"? What's the point? Throw it in your bed...

I bring 3 or 4 with me, 1 of them is usually an old arrow with a field tip for when I get bored...