How to get rubber smell out of my truck bed

luberhill

Maybe removing the tonneau cover for a while just to air it out. Spraying some Freebreeze on it might help. Get some Pete Rickards skunk buster might work too. Luckily you have a couple of months to address the problem.

• Like 1

Lightbulb! Go to your local spot and dig as much dirt as you possibly can to fill up the entire bed. Water it down a little bit. Drive around with it. Leave it in there for a week or so. Empty it out. Let it air dry for a week and then do it again. I rub dirt on myself and clothes at times to try and hide my scent and blend in with the local smell. At least I do sometimes. That might also work and it'll give you a workout AND You're hunting! Gear will smell like your local spot. Win-win!

• Like 1

On 7/8/2022 at 1:53 PM, luberhill said:

The bedliner and mat have a pretty strong smell, I have a tonneu cover on but I throw my hunting clothes in the bed during the season

Trying to get that smell out … wondered if putting some Cedar mulch of something would absorb the smell

Have you come to a conclusion on this issue?

Ozone scent crusher bag. They also make totes.

Takes the scent out of your clothes. I use mine all the time esp after a morning hunt to be scent free again for the afternoon.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I may have to get one!

I probably leaked 6-8 ounces of gasoline in the bed of my truck today.  Some from a generator and the rest from a weed whacker.  It smells like a Phillips 66 station back there..........my stuff is gonna smell awful, I wonder if I'll ever kill another deer?

• Haha 1

I probably leaked 6-8 ounces of gasoline in the bed of my truck today.  Some from a generator and the rest from a weed whacker.  It smells like a Phillips 66 station back there..........my stuff is gonna smell awful, I wonder if I'll ever kill another deer?

You’ll be fine. Only a Neanderthal would put hunting stuff in the bed to fly around anyway. It goes in the back seat. Only the dead deer goes in the bed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1