Otsego county..Unadilla/Oneonta.. Bulk Lime

Does anyone know where i can get bulk lime from near Unadilla? McDowell & Walker of Afton will deliver, however, there is an 8 ton minimum. I do not have the means to spread this much lime. Another option would be to see if anyone out there wants to split an 8 ton order?

Thanks, Joe

There is an agway on route 23 in town of Stamford which is about 20 minutes east of oneonta, they do small bulk deliveries of lime, they delivererd 3000 lbs of Pelletized lime to me a few years ago. However im not sure how far they travel, worrh a call. Speak to Al.

Yes Split, that's all under one roof, it's all Agway. They do have spreaders , they were willing to lend me one. They also have larger spreaders, if you have a larger tractor to pull the spreader behind. The number you provided Is for agway, need to speak with Al, he has all the food plotting know how and is a straight shooter, also they have a pretty good variety of clover ,brassica , seeds, fertilizer, lime etc..

• Like 1

Thanks guys, I did contact agway/co-op they said I would be too far for them.  I contacted the guy who is cleaning up the logging trails and digging a pond for us. He said he would go pick it up for me and dump it. Now all I have to do is locate a spreader I can pull behind my atv. Any suggestions? I  came across a 175lb capacity drop spreader in the northern tool book for about $250.

I had agway deliver 3k lbs of Pelletized lime, little more expensive however alot easier to spread and alot less waste. I put a couple hundred lbs into a small trailer and pulled with my quad and then I spread by tossing the lime with a shovel. Was me and my dad and we spread the 3k lbs in about an hour or so.

Split, i think it is around 2-3 acres tops. Not too crazy and can probably do it by hand. I just figured i may get a more even spread and not to mention save a little time with a spreader. Would you till some in and then spread more on top?

nybow, thats def a possibility. thanks!