What Optics Do You Use?

I have many Leupold scopes and prefer them to other brands, but I also have a few Nikons, and recently bought a new Redfield Revolution scope in 4x12x40mm with the Accu-Range reticle that has really impressed me for the $200 I paid for it.

What do you like?

I have a Leupold on my main deer rifle.  Have had it for over 20 years with no problems and feel that I would jinx the rifle if I changed it.  I do however think that the Zeiss Conquest is the clearest scope I ever looked thru.  It can be bought for about $400 which isn't far from Leupold prices these days, so if I had to buy a new one I think I'd go with the Zeiss. 

I had a Zeiss Conquest on a rifle I sold.  The only thing I didn't like was the focus adjustment on the eyepiece.  I couldn't use the adjuster with the Butler Creek flip open lens caps on the scope.  It was real clear though.

I'm  a Leupold fan.... I like thier lifetime guarantee, which applies to each scope no matter how many times it has changed hands... However, I have never had to use it..Never had a problem with a Leupold...

I have a couple Burris scopes, and they seem  like good scopes also, as do my ancient ( 60s vintage) El Paso Weavers...

Never had a Zeiss, but if they are as good as thier binocs they are probably excellent.. German optics are great.. I love my Leica binoculars..

Actually, the only scope I ever had a real issue with was a 70s vintage Redfield... It was a POS...

I have looked through many cheaper scopes that belonged to friends, and optically, Few seemed as clear as my fixed power Leupolds... Hard to beat an M8 Leupy 4x or 6x for a pure HUNTING rifle...I never could understand the appeal of the popular 3x9 ( or larger) variables on a HUNTING rifle., unless one was involved in ultra long range shooting, say 400 yards and over...  The only variables I own are a 2x7 Burris and a 1x4 Leupold...

• 3 weeks later...

After having used a # of Bushnells, Simpsons, Tascos, Cabelas Pineviews, etc. over the years, I now am strictly Leupold. I have two 1.5x5 VX 111s on a .308 and a 45-70, a VX 11 2x8 on my .300 win mag and am experimenting with a Redfield 2-7 on my inline. My .308s scope is well over 20 years old, with no hitches. The 45-70 has a couple hundred heavy rounds through it, and it is the only scope that I was able to sight in to hold its zero. The Redfield sighted in fine, but I bought the version with the funky range adapting reticle because the wait for the standard reticle was unknown. The scope I like, the reticle sucks. It only confuses fine sighting, and in low light in the woods, the little circle blures the fine sight picture. It will go back for the standard reticle, when available. I have sighted in severla guns with Nikons (friends guns) and the quality seems very high for the money. Cabelas brand scopes though, (thier muzzleloading specific scopes) are horrible. Two right out of the box were defective.

• 4 weeks later...

I have 6 leupolds. VXII. Good scopes. My buddy just bought a new redfield. Very impressed with it. Clear scope, priced right. He has it on a 300 wsm. Seems to be working good for him. He has hunted all season here and early elk season in Colorado. I may buy one for my next rifle.

I picked up the cheap Center Point 3x9for my 22.  Now I just paid 70$ for a Center Point Shotgun scope.    I guess I need a little more range time to be sure If it was worth the 70. $      It included every thing to mount in up to the rail on my Mossburg 500.      I hated the 2.5x power scope  dicks special combo scope that came with the Mossburg  so I now have the Center Point 2x7 power.      I was low budget and I know you normally get what you pay for .  we will see.          Seems like everyone is selling these now, anyone else have experience with the Center Point scopes?