Little get away

sbuff

On 7/15/2022 at 6:46 AM, LET EM GROW said:

Awesome!!

My wife works at Wilkins RV in Bath now.. she is allowed to "borrow" a used model of any kind up to 3x per year.. We cant wait to use one. Trying to get her into camping, and i think being able to "borrow" one for free 
(they even prep it and deliver it, pick it up and clean it when done) .. Bene waiting 10 years to get her into camping..   

Is she in sales? We are looking around for an upgrade. I would love to have an honest opinion on new vrs. used right now. 

• Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 1:16 PM, Moho81 said:

Is she in sales? We are looking around for an upgrade. I would love to have an honest opinion on new vrs. used right now. 

Yes sort of, She is Finance Manager. Also was Manager of Service Dept. I might be able to answer some questions for you or worse case relay them to her for you? 

They are pretty dang busy in terms of selling brand new Units, IF it were me I would certainly go with a brand new one. IDk about deals or incentives but the new ones are moving faster than the used ones are for sure. 

Edited by LET EM GROW

3 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

Yes sort of, She is Finance Manager. Also was Manager of Service Dept. I might be able to answer some questions for you or worse case relay them to her for you? 

They are pretty dang busy in terms of selling brand new Units, IF it were me I would certainly go with a brand new one. IDk about deals or incentives but the new ones are moving faster than the used ones are for sure. 

I guess I don't necessarily have an exact question but I see people on other forums always commenting to buy new right now because the price between new and used is very close. When I look online new is way higher than used unless your looking at maybe something that is only one or two years old so like a 2020 or a 2021 model. To me it seems like I'll save money on a 2017 or 2018 model that has already depreciated in value but is not very old. 

Most of the new stuff I see online also lists the MSRP and you have to contact the dealer for the incentive price which leads to constant text, phone calls and emails from the dealer (ask me how I know LOL). So in the end there is no way to know what the final price of the new units are without contacting the dealer. 

• Like 1

On 7/25/2022 at 1:13 PM, Moho81 said:

I guess I don't necessarily have an exact question but I see people on other forums always commenting to buy new right now because the price between new and used is very close. When I look online new is way higher than used unless your looking at maybe something that is only one or two years old so like a 2020 or a 2021 model. To me it seems like I'll save money on a 2017 or 2018 model that has already depreciated in value but is not very old. 

Most of the new stuff I see online also lists the MSRP and you have to contact the dealer for the incentive price which leads to constant text, phone calls and emails from the dealer (ask me how I know LOL). So in the end there is no way to know what the final price of the new units are without contacting the dealer. 

She said if you are serious on a new camper, to give her a call and go through her and her store. She would certainly help and hook you up. I personally think your better off with new camper with the warranty. especially if financed, the rates are typically better on new vs used. Theres some things she explained to me that I cannot repeat cause it was a bit over my head, without seeing it on paper myself..  But she'd certainly help you out if you were interested. Call or go see her at Wilkins in Bath lol.  

• Like 2

She said if you are serious on a new camper, to give her a call and go through her and her store. She would certainly help and hook you up. I personally think your better off with new camper with the warranty. especially if financed, the rates are typically better on new vs used. Theres some things she explained to me that I cannot repeat cause it was a bit over my head, without seeing it on paper myself..  But she'd certainly help you out if you were interested. Call or go see her at Wilkins in Bath lol.  

I heard that it's "better" to buy a new camper, use it for the trip or summer or whatever and then sell it..comparable to renting price wise and it's new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, crappyice said:

I heard that it's "better" to buy a new camper, use it for the trip or summer or whatever and then sell it..comparable to renting price wise and it's new

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

With inflation and all, It wouldnt be a bad idea. but not many people are looking to buy in Fall, Sell it in Spring with better luck id imagine. But to get full or close to full price is going to be hard if a warranty isnt present or expired.. 

5 hours ago, LET EM GROW said:

We are going Saturday to a local place to check a few used units out and I'll pick the guys brain about new while I am there. I'll see where that takes us then I may just take her up on the offer even though Bath is about 3.5 hours away from me.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Moho81 said:

We are going Saturday to a local place to check a few used units out and I'll pick the guys brain about new while I am there. I'll see where that takes us then I may just take her up on the offer even though Bath is about 3.5 hours away from me.

I totally get it, best of luck to you.