Hunting licenses

NYBowhunter

4 hours ago, bigpaul said:

Got it today. Bought the Lifetime 21 years ago for $750 with bow and muzzleloader. 

Same here, we also get free DMP tags and never have to hassle getting the licenses, they mail it to you, good deal.

• Like 1

And get resident chances at doe tags.

I got mine long enough ago that I don't need to pay the $10 Doe tag fee. I bought them for my boys right before they upped the fee and added the Doe tag $10 so they are clear too. The clerk asks for the fee every time(I like going To places to get my tags!) and I remind her I don't need to pay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

I got mine long enough ago that I don't need to pay the $10 Doe tag fee. I bought them for my boys right before they upped the fee and added the Doe tag $10 so they are clear too. The clerk asks for the fee every time(I like going To places to get my tags!) and I remind her I don't need to pay.

And they don’t hunt so you get 6 buck tags per year. Sweet Deal!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

22 hours ago, Robhuntandfish said:

is it the DMPs that go on sale later in the week?  I think the license is avail but DMPs are always later for some reason.  

Dmp have always been available when i buy.. the extra go on sale in sept or oct.. i forget haven't gotten extra tags in years..

On 7/14/2022 at 7:28 AM, Robhuntandfish said:

is it the DMPs that go on sale later in the week?  I think the license is avail but DMPs are always later for some reason.  

If I'm not mistaken dmp go on sale about August 14th

On 7/14/2022 at 6:57 AM, crappyice said:

My parents did the same thing for me the day before I they changed the fee and added the 10 dollar doe tag fee

• Like 2

The DEC website is complicated to be sure and I should know better but asking a question (s) here gets better / quicker results !

1.  Do we still need to purchase a Muzzleloader tag to use the Crossbow after Gun season ?

2. When do Licenses go onsale ?  Trying to find that date on the DEC website is a Pain !

18 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

The DEC website is complicated to be sure and I should know better but asking a question (s) here gets better / quicker results !

1.  Do we still need to purchase a Muzzleloader tag to use the Crossbow after Gun season ?

2. When do Licenses go onsale ?  Trying to find that date on the DEC website is a Pain !

Aug 1st for license sales and I do believe you still have to buy the muzzy tag. If you don't buy the muzzy tag you can't be hunting that season with any implement.

Edited by BowmanMike
  • Like 1

On 7/16/2022 at 8:09 PM, Moho81 said:

My daughters still hasn’t come in yet. I think our USPS driver went on strike. We’ve hardly gotten any mail in the last week.

Maybe the Pony Express's horse died ...........

On 7/13/2022 at 6:44 PM, bigpaul said:

Got it today. Bought the Lifetime 21 years ago for $750 with bow and muzzleloader. 

I bought my Lifetime License several years ago for $50 . I can't remember if that was offered to 60 or 65 year olds . Anyway , it was a great buy ! 

• Like 1