Rifles, What do you use, why and pictures. Lets see them.

I'll start this off... 

I started with a 35 that I borrowed from my uncle.  Then my other uncle loaned me his 30-06 Remington  bushmaster.  I've had that 30-06 for about 5 years, he called me yesterday, and we were talking, he told me to keep it :)  Needless to say I'm happy, and appreciate it.  Its a great gun, I treat it well.  Its got mixed reviews, but more then likely its from those who abuse it.  So far its been a solid gun, and its dead on.  I have a Bushnell 4x-12x banner scope, which I am thinking about upgrading.  Looking at the http://www.vortexoptics.com/category/products since a member in the forums mentioned them.  (Made In the USA, and affordable!)

Pic (sorry its crappy, iphone camera SUCKS)

post-1-131455290293_thumb.jpg

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont have pics of them with me but this is what I have.

Remington 7mm

Tc Prohunter 7mm

Brwning 270 stainless stalker

Weatherby 300

remington 3006

Mossberg 243

Winchester 243wssm

Remington .17 Fireball centerfire

Marlin 4570

remington 22 lr

Beretta A303 12g

remington 1187 12g

remington 12g semi

Beretta 92f pistol

Single shot 12g

marlin 17hmr

2 50cal muzzleloaders not sure what they are at the moment

Why I have all these guns,  I don't know. Just like them.

I have 3 rifles, but only shoot 1 regularly. I have an old Marlin 30-30 lever action and a Ruger Mini 14 that both just sit around most of the time. Then I have my Remington 700 SPS in 223. I love this gun, and with it being a 223, its affordable to shoot. I have only shot it out to 200 yards so far, because thats the longest shot I have available at the range I go to. Shes dead on at 200 though.

DSC_5560.jpg

The weapon I used depends on the hunt that i am going on.

For long range deer, I use my savage model 10 in .308

for drives, I use my mini-30

for southern tier I use my 20 g 870 express with a rifled barrel shooting saboted slugs

I always carry my model 19 in .357 *especially when duck and deer seasons are open at the same time!

for wood chucks I shoot a vintage winchester in .218 Bee

for ducks as geese, either an 870 mag, or my charles daly automatic (12 g)

and on and on.

I know this isnt a rifle, but it shoots rifle rounds....my baby....TC Encore in 260 Rem...I dont need no stinking slug gun!  :)

DSC_5414-1.jpg

Why do I use it? For a few reasons:

1 - Cheaper to shoot than my slug gun is (sabots @ $12+ for a box of 5)

2 - Can reach out further than my slug gun

3 - More of a challenge to shoot

No pics, but my go to rifle for deer hunting is my Ruger Mk !! .308 with a Leupold 1.5x5 on it. Muzzleloading sees me with a NEF stainless Pardner in line. Occaissionaly if I am in a wandering mood I carry my pre-64 Win. 94, aperture sighted.

I have a love affair with my Browing single shot 45-70, which also carries a Leupold 1.5x5. It is primarily my bear gun, as it is too dang long and heavy for traipsing around much with, but I am eager to take it out on a couple nice days for deer tree stand hunting when I have a chance.

Picked up a Tikka lite in a .308 when they allowed rifles in Catt. county. Tack driver of a gun!! Blued with a black composite stock, and the bolt is butter smooth too!! Great deer/bear gun for the area.

Also own a CZA 452 American in the .17HMR caliber. Another tack driver!!

Thats a great point really.. I buy alot of guns.. and mostly i am a budget shopper, but when I shoulder a firearm, and it just fits right, it always ends up in my safe.. thats how i picked my skeet guns (CD 12g auto, and 20 g red label) and the savage, and a few others. The fit is the most important part.

I have several rifles and some shot guns but my all time favourite and mostly use is a Browning .270 short mag. medallion. This is probable one the most accurate and sweetest gun I have ever shot. I have Burris 3x9x40 scope mounted on it all my guns and my kids guns have Burris scopes very reliable. I use a silver ballistic tip 130 gr. I have never, so far had anything run after I have shot.

pic attached

post-208-131455292484_thumb.jpg

I just started working up some handloads for this rifle. Hopefully I'll have something dialed in by end of summer that I'll be happy with. Not exactly a gun for "mooching" through the woods but it's proving itself to be accurate with the right combination of bullet and powder. It might be a good rifle for stand hunting.

My 1952 M70:

IMG_0381.jpg

Wears an early Weaver K4 scope with fine crosshair reticle:

IMG_0383.jpg

Classic caliber:

IMG_0384.jpg