Rifles, What do you use, why and pictures. Lets see them.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think you were bragging, but it is illegal.  I don't agree with the law though.  As long as you don't use it to shoot a deer, which is easily determined these days, I think you should be able to carry your handgun in the woods when bowhunting.  Unfortunately, you will get screwed if you are caught with it, being the menace to society you become.

::);)

I think NYers should get together to fight a lot of the stupid gun laws that are on the books.  Some of the gun laws here have been written by people who don't know which end of the gun is the dangerous end.  To accept these laws is to willingly give up your rights, and that is the path towards a police state.

While Id bring a handgun into the woods while bowhunting if it was legal, I would not do so at this point. If I did, I surely wouldnt speak of it on the internet. You are not anonymous on here or any other website. Also, openly admitting to breaking a gun law is only pouring fuel on the anti-gun lobby's fire.

While Id bring a handgun into the woods while bowhunting if it was legal, I would not do so at this point. If I did, I surely wouldnt speak of it on the internet. You are not anonymous on here or any other website. Also, openly admitting to breaking a gun law is only pouring fuel on the anti-gun lobby's fire.

While said

I own a few guns sorry no pics

1 my most prized posession is my savage moel 99 in 300 savage. It was my dad' s rifle and now that he ha spassed on, it is mine.  Pre mil. he bought it in 1938.  Bushnell banner 3x9x40.  I do not use it much anymore.

2 Winchester pre 64 model 94 in 30-30.  It wa smy mom's and now mine same as my dad's.

3 T/c ecnore 25-06 with a Nikon Buckmaster 3x9x40.  I am still working up loads for it, but it is my go to gun as of now due to the flat shooting speed, and versatility. I can load for anything from chucks to moose if I choose. 

4. Remington model 742 in 30-06.  This wa smy uncles and I have inherited it also.  However in a coule years when his grandson is old enough to use it and appreciate it, it will be his. Keep that under your hat, he doesnt know yet.

5. Remington (actuallly inport from Turkey) side by side 12 gauge. 

6 T/C encore 209x50 muzzleloader with a nikon buckmaster 3xx40. I actually use this more that any other.

7 T/C encore pistol in 308.  Nikon scope in it also.

8 NEF sidekick 50 cal muzzleloader with a T/C 1.5x5x32 scope

9 T/C hawken 50 cal sidelock

10. Traditions buckhunter 50 cal flintlock

11 T/C new englander 12 gauge reamed and threaded for the remington choke system.  It is my go to small gae shotgun for everything frm grouse to turkey

12 Ruger Blackhawk 357 4 inch barrel. 

My main rifle is a Remington 700 Sendero.  This is chambered in 300 Ultra Mag.  I shoot a 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip.  My scope is a 5 to 15 50mm Elite 3200.  I also have 2 Remington 700"s chambered in 30-06.  I also shoot 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip out of these also.  They both have 3-9 40mm Leupold Scopes on them.  My 4th rifle is a Browning A-Bolt, also chambered in 30-06 and I also use a 165 grain Nosler Ballistic Tip and this also has a 40mm Leupold 3-9 scope on it.

I have more rifles than most and certainly less than I need. These are a few of my goto's that seem to have staying power. The rest come and go but these are my favorites.

1963 Kodiak in .22 Mag

1930ish Marlin A1 in .22LR

1928 Swiss K11 in 7.5 x 55 - I know the K31's are supposed to be more accurate, but this one is a GEM and out shoots both my K31's.

I have all the classics from .17 up to 338 and more C & R guns than you can shake a stick at but these seem to be my every day goto guns.

post-277-131455296398_thumb.jpg

post-277-13145529641_thumb.jpg

post-277-13145529642_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

New guy here. Hunt the dacks and like the light rifles.

Ruger Compact 7-08

Tikka T3 7-08 barrel cut to 18in.

Remington Mod 7 6mm (1st year produced)

Winchester 64 30-30 grandfathers)

Remington 740 308 (dads)

I take dad and grandfather out at least ones a year to set and think about years gone by..