Quality affordable scopes? What do you use?

I used bushnell for years.  A few problems, but they always fixed them.  The problem with that is I hate having the scope sent away for repairs then sighting in again.  I switched to nikon monarch and buckmaster.  Not a problem with either after three years.  They are on everything I own that has optics. 

Have you considered buying a quality used scope..??..

I have four  Leupolds and the most I have paid for one was $160..

The lifetime guarantee follows the scope, no matter how many times it changes hands... I have never had any trouble with any of them, however.. I bought two at gunshows ( $125 ea) one from a felllow on a talk forum ( $160) and one from a friend who was selling a lot of his hunting gear ( $100)...

• 3 weeks later...

I have two Vortex scopes aand they are great scopes. They are currently closing out some of their viper line and prices are really good for the quality of glass. Reticle choice is not as good as leupold or the other high enders.

Currently I have a Zeiss Conquest 3-9, a Bushnell 4200 6-24, a Sightron1 3-9, Vortex 4-12 and a Vortex 2-7....And I am probably forgetting a couple in addition to the ones I have used in past.

My favorite is the Bushnell. Very good optics and I like the extra magnification. I picked it up second hand, never been mounted for 300.00

Then it is a toss up between the zeiss and the 4-12 vortex viper.

For the money, the Vortex is hard to beat.

I also really like Nikon Monarch and Burris scopes.

I tend to buy whatever good optics are available for great price and they have to have transferrable solid warranty and service.

I have not tried one of the new redfields but I do know they are owned by Leupold and are assembled out in western usa somewhere. Not sure where the optics glass comes from but they might turn out to be a bargain.

here it is..

http://www.midwayusa.com/Promotion/default.aspx?promotionid=372661&eblastid=81620102&custnum=101172939&utm_source=BIGimage&utm_medium=eblast81620102

Midway has these on sale.. they are big scopes (long), and can be kinda heavy, but i think these are well worth the price. I have never seen the mil dot (although I want one). the regular reticle is fantastic on my winchester 43 chambered for .218 bee (my go to rifle for scouting and varmit shooting).

Often overlooked is the Weaver scopes they are also a redfield product (I think).  I have two one on a win. 30-30 wich was about 200$ and then I just put one on a sav. 308 and that one was around 260$ they are great with optics and clearity.  My father had one on his 30-06 for years (10-20+).  The thing was always dead acurate took a few hits and kept on keeping on.  It finally gave up and that was only when you where in a torent rain for a long period of time and it would just start to fog a little.  I love my two scopes and would buy another in a heart beat.

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a Vortex Crossfire 6-24x50 for my .30-06, and so far I love it. MSRP was $229, but I ended up getting it from  SWFA Outdoors for $99. I've become a Vortex fan!

On my .450 Bushmaster I have a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x40, and on my Mossberg I have a Leupold VX-I.  I can honestly say the Burris compares VERY favorably with the Leupold, and I may start purchasing Burris from now on.

I think Leupold makes the most rugged and reliable scopes.  I've had a Vari-X II model on my rifle for 23 seasons now and year in and year out it's zero has barely moved an inch.  Can't say that I could ask for more from a scope.  They are getting a bit expensive as of late, though.  I have to say that the clearest scope I have ever looked thru is the Zeiss Conquest.  I haven't seen any scope that comes close, not even the very expensive Swarovski's.  You can get a Zeiss Conquest 3-9X for about $400 which I think is a great price for what you get.  Most of the Leupold's are close to or above this price already.  The Leupold's are proven for ruggedness and reliability, but the Zeiss has them beat in clarity by a good margin in my opinion.

• 2 months later...