Mahopac House For Sale (Putnam County)

My grandfather is going to be selling his house in Mahopac (Putnam County). If anyone is interested, let me know. It'll likely hit the market around August 15th. 

• Original owner, house was built in 1970
  • New 275 Gallon Oil Tank installed in 2022 (above ground)
  • New driveway in 2021
  • New Trex Deck in 2016
  • New Garage doors & openers in 2016
  • New Well Pump in 2016
  • New Furnace in 2010
  • New Siding and Roof in 2006

Half acre property and flatter than a pancake. On the Westchester/Putnam County border, but Mahopac (Putnam County) schools. The interior is outdated, but clean. Hardwood floors underneath all the carpeting upstairs. 4 bedrooms, 2 and 1/2 bathrooms Colonial. I believe it's around 2300sqft and has a large unfinished dry basement that can be easily finished off if desired.

$389K

Sounds like a nice house.   What’s the assessed value and taxes currently?

Idk how assessments works. When I lived in Yorktown it was assessed at $10K. My neighbors were $9K (no pool). There’s math calculations behind it all.

Taxes I believe are $10-12K range before STAR. His were much lower because of enhanced star because of his age. Once I get the details I can post.

It’s a great first home for someone as is or a fixer upper interior-wise to turn into a forever home

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Was there a radon inspection done during the summer months and is a copy of the inspection available?

That would be on the buyer, but I expect the final buyer will be waiving inspections if they want a chance to win the bid

1 hour ago, BizCT said:

Idk how assessments works. When I lived in Yorktown it was assessed at $10K. My neighbors were $9K (no pool). There’s math calculations behind it all.

Taxes I believe are $10-12K range before STAR. His were much lower because of enhanced star because of his age. Once I get the details I can post.

It’s a great first home for someone as is or a fixer upper interior-wise to turn into a forever home

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Sounds like a nice house.   What’s the assessed value and taxes currently?

According to tax records I came up with:

$12,260 before STAR

$9,855 after STAR (-$2,405)

Shotgun area j believe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3N. 1/2 acre. No land to hunt. But the convenience of living across the street from Hank!

That would be on the buyer, but I expect the final buyer will be waiving inspections if they want a chance to win the bid

That isn't really a thing anymore especially with the way rates are today

3N. 1/2 acre. No land to hunt. But the convenience of living across the street from Hank!

Fantastic...does purchase come with rights to Hank's pool and yard for bow practice?

• Like 2

Fantastic...does purchase come with rights to Hank's pool and yard for bow practice?

He sold the pool! But everything is negotiable. It’s my Mom’s grandfather though so wrong bloodline.

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Nomad said:

Thanks ,I wasn’t seeing 2300 sq. Then I caught the roofline of the garage . 

Good luck, and let us know how it goes .

I think it's going to be 2,200 (not counting the 1ksqft unfinished basement). Thanks

29 minutes ago, BizCT said:

94 showings booked so far. Best & Finals due tomorrow at noon. 20 offers over asking so far

Im not surprised about that many offers Biz. Im a builder , land developer , real estate investor . I did a quick analysis on that house on competing listings , pending listings , and sold properties on your GGrandfathers house when you !st posted it was going up for sale . Based on square footage , age and condition ,  I estimated that it was underpriced between 25 to 40 thousand dollars . I actually came up with it should of been listed between 420 to 429 thousand . It would still have been a good deal at my higher price . Most pending and sold houses I found  in that price range were 1700 to 2000 sqft . This house beats those in size at 2194 

• Like 2

Im not surprised about that many offers Biz. Im a builder , land developer , real estate investor . I did a quick analysis on that house on competing listings , pending listings , and sold properties on your GGrandfathers house when you !st posted it was going up for sale . Based on square footage , age and condition ,  I estimated that it was underpriced between 25 to 40 thousand dollars . I actually came up with it should of been listed between 420 to 429 thousand . It would still have been a good deal at my higher price . Most pending and sold houses I found  in that price range were 1700 to 2000 sqft . This house beats those in size at 2194 

Yup. $430K the highest so far. We figured price it low and let the market determine the amount.

Been flipping houses and such in the past. Just by the amount of real estate signs going up and being stagnate I would take best offer and move on. I isn't like May or June when the sign went up  and in contract was there a day later. 

18 hours ago, First-light said:

Been flipping houses and such in the past. Just by the amount of real estate signs going up and being stagnate I would take best offer and move on. I isn't like May or June when the sign went up  and in contract was there a day later. 

Ended up with 98 showings in 4 days, 31 offers over asking. Best and final deadline in noon today. Then we'll look through them and take the best offer (ideally, cash, no inspection, etc.)

• Like 2

6 hours ago, BizCT said:

Ended up with 98 showings in 4 days, 31 offers over asking. Best and final deadline in noon today. Then we'll look through them and take the best offer (ideally, cash, no inspection, etc.)

That is great, good luck!

• Like 1