Mahopac House For Sale (Putnam County)

On 8/9/2022 at 8:45 AM, johnplav said:

Unbelievable... good for you guys. 

it's been madness actually. With all the escalation clauses, etc. We accepted someone at $467,500 cash who quickly changed their mind and said $425K only. We said no and went onto our 2nd best buyer at $470K cash who quickly said they changed their mind. So we went onto our 3rd buyer pick at $470K with a mortgage, but before we could get contracts the second buyer came back and is back in for $470K cash so now waiting on contract for that. Craziness. He's a builder so must be planning to flip it.

What does it need? Updating? What can it go for updated? $600k?

Look at the pics lol. He needs everything updating inside. I guess it depends on if they finish the basement or not? Maybe in the $700’s? There’s a ton of 10-15 year old outdated houses in the $700’s similar size. If it was 3 few miles south in Westchester County, I’d say much higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 minute ago, BizCT said:

Look at the pics lol. He needs everything updating inside. I guess it depends on if they finish the basement or not? Maybe in the $700’s? There’s a ton of 10-15 year old outdated houses in the $700’s similar size. If it was 3 few miles south in Westchester County, I’d say much higher

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Ok then the flip makes sense I guess. You should have done it

17 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Ok then the flip makes sense I guess. You should have done it

No way. Material costs and delays, nobody wants to work, everyone overcharging for home-related stuff, etc. It's different and easier for a builder who is doing it themselves. The Depew house for $30K was the one to flip! where were you 10 years ago? 

Edited by BizCT
  • Like 1