Asking a favor for a new Cadet.

First-light

As you know Teddi has been at it for 3 weeks now at West Point. 3 more to go for beast 2. It was a hard phone call yesterday and we just have to stay positive. Would anyone of you be willing to send her a letter or post card. of encouragement. She knows about the website and my long time here. It would truly lift up her spirits! She loves the woods and hunting! We call her Teddi. Thank you all. 

Burt

Cadet THEADORA C. CARNESI

Alpha company 2

P.O.Box 0437 West Point,NY 10997-0437

Edited by First-light
  • Like 11

I am heading out now to get a card for her. It was 20 years ago when my only son enlisted for a 4 year stint in the Army and headed to Fort Benning for basic training. I remember how much he looked forward to mail from family and friends during his tour of duty which included a 1 year deployment to a combat zone in Afghanistan. Our service members deserve our support and I feel honored and happy to help out. You must be very proud of her and I will be sure to remind her that she has one great Dad!        valoroutdoors.com

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, CharlieNY said:

I am heading out now to get a card for her. It was 20 years ago when my only son enlisted for a 4 year stint in the Army and headed to Fort Benning for basic training. I remember how much he looked forward to mail from family and friends during his tour of duty which included a 1 year deployment to a combat zone in Afghanistan. Our service members deserve our support and I feel honored and happy to help out. You must be very proud of her and I will be sure to remind her that she has one great Dad!        valoroutdoors.com

Thank you so much!  God bless your son. 

Edited by First-light

23 minutes ago, First-light said:

As you know Teddi has been at it for 3 weeks now at West Point. 3 more to go for beast 2. It was a hard phone call yesterday and we just have to stay positive. Would anyone of you be willing to send her a letter or post card. of encouragement. She knows about the website and my long time here. It would truly lift up her spirits! She loves the woods and hunting! We call her Teddi. Thank you all. 

Burt

Cadet THEADORA C. CARNESI

Alpha company 2

P.O.Box 0437 West Point,NY 10997-0437

Will do. Something to keep in mind basic is exactly that, break down and build up. She will be fine, this is all part of the process. 

Man I waited and hoped for letters and phone calls in basic and thats one million percent not what type of person I am lol. But when you need support, you need it. One day at a time! 

The struggle will only make her a better person. Hopefully she can read my handwriting! 

• Like 1

At school we do "cards for the troops" during the holidays and often include phone cards and candy and treats. The kids make their own cards talking about how grateful they are to do what they do as a result of the troops. We often get great responses from the troops.
It's the least we can do for all she is doing for us!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 5

1 hour ago, corydd7 said:

Will do. Something to keep in mind basic is exactly that, break down and build up. She will be fine, this is all part of the process. 

Man I waited and hoped for letters and phone calls in basic and thats one million percent not what type of person I am lol. But when you need support, you need it. One day at a time! 

The struggle will only make her a better person. Hopefully she can read my handwriting! 

Thank you!

O.K. folks let's get some more replies from those of you who haven't seen this request and get those cards and letters out. It's a very small thing to do for a young lady who is giving so much for our country.      valoroutdoors.com

youre-gonna-help-out-youre-awesome.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 7/18/2022 at 10:01 PM, NYRturkeycall said:

Bump....Will be sending a card out tomorrow. God bless your daughter and thanks for her dedication and service to this great country.

In the mail tomorrow morning... Merry Christmas by the way lol. Last stamp.

PXL_20220720_191705610.jpg

Edited by NYRturkeycall
  • Thanks 1