Asking a favor for a new Cadet.

First-light

I can't thank you guys enough. We heard we might get another call later this week. I wrote telling her to be on the lookout for extra mail coming her way. I did receive a letter from her saying she was sorry she got so emotional on the call but felt it was therapeutic and needed to get it out! We have an official Alpha Company West Point page that a lot of photos get posted to. Each company has a photographer. Here is a few of her with huge smiles on her face! Maybe she got a few letters from you guys! Seems she is doing much better!!!

295434459_5294919883923918_5820318529045383925_n.jpg

294353969_10228277967312282_8509921271158126796_n.jpg

294993197_10228277939391584_3175632283372272793_n.jpg

• Like 16

We got a surprise phone call tonight. She said they were going out "Rucking" it for the next week and would not be able to communicate. She is in great spirits and only talked about her Company ,grenade launcher and other guns they shot. Repelled and rock climbed also. Said they were growing into a family fast. I asked about the cards you guys sent. She was overwhelmed and said Dad the next letter you get from me copy what I said and put it on the Hunting website. I could not be happier right now! 

• Like 9

We got a surprise phone call tonight. She said they were going out "Rucking" it for the next week and would not be able to communicate. She is in great spirits and only talked about her Company ,grenade launcher and other guns they shot. Repelled and rock climbed also. Said they were growing into a family fast. I asked about the cards you guys sent. She was overwhelmed and said Dad the next letter you get from me copy what I said and put it on the Hunting website. I could not be happier right now! 

Any mention of the only postcard from Connecticut? Haha.

On a serious note, great news!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1

Done! She deserves all the support we can provide.

My buddy Jeff's son is just finishing basic training n TX and will be home for the first two weeks of August prior to deployment - he's in for six. We hope to get him out on the big pond fishing a couple times before he heads back out. I know it's tough for parents; Jeff and I were on the phone last night when his son called, and it was an immediate, "Got to go, bye" situation. But they sure do come out stronger. Respect.

• Like 1

Hey Gang,

Just got a letter from Teddi she is doing great! She is so thankful for all the cards it meant the world to her!!!!!

This is what she wrote, "I've gotten so many letters from your hunting buddies online. They are extremely thoughtful and kind. It's really rewarding to receive praise from a stranger. Please thank them all on my behalf."

She really loved shooting the M240 Bravo, M249 Saw and M320 grenade launcher!

She says there are going to be a lot of deer to eat this season! lol

August 13th is Acceptance day when she finally becomes a Plebe!

Thank you all again for all the letters and cards. It means so much.

FL

• Like 11

Latest pictures. They left for Lake Fredderick yesterday and will spend the weekend and March back home Monday. We will be on the sidewalks at WP cheering her on. Here are the latest pictures of her in the field. Teddi second on the right.

296139673_10228325377417505_7878983595536683056_n.jpg

296450961_10228325377337503_4942655890108424254_n.jpg

• Like 10

Awesome. My buddy just got played by his son last night - his son was flying home from finishing basic training, and he told his Dad that his flight had been delayed three hours. Then he had a buddy pick him up at the airport (the flight was actually on time) and surprised his Dad in the kitchen. Many tears.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, knehrke said:

Awesome. My buddy just got played by his son last night - his son was flying home from finishing basic training, and he told his Dad that his flight had been delayed three hours. Then he had a buddy pick him up at the airport (the flight was actually on time) and surprised his Dad in the kitchen. Many tears.

That is wonderful!!!

Just announced at the CBT Awards ceremony -
A Company is the best overall company. They will lead the formation and carry the class motto banner down Washington Road tomorrow.
The companies will March in alphabetical order A-I.
Way to go A Co!

Teddi is A company!!!!
  • Like 11

It was a wonderful A day at West Point Saturday. We were able to spend the evening with my Daughter and most of today. We chilled out in the hotel room and she took out all the letters and cards. You guys were the best! The cards you sent what you wrote to her was amazing! I love you all for what you did for my Daughter. She was just dropped off at Post getting ready for classes tomorrow. Good Karma came back to me this month and you were all a great part of it. Thank you from the bottom of my heart! 

Burt

IMG_3559.jpeg

• Like 14