Asking a favor for a new Cadet.

First-light

So we did our first tailgate at WP football. It really turned out great except for the score of the game. lol Teddi is doing great and we had 9 A company Cadets come over to join us after the game. We fed them and they took home all the leftovers! It was great such a wonderful bunch of people!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by First-light
  • Like 7

14 hours ago, blackbeltbill said:

I ran a 10K/6.2 mile Race over at West Point  in the mid 1980s.  A company of West Pointers  were running together.  I happened to be close to them with a 1/4 mile left. With around 70 yards to go,I yelled out-- Come On and Started my Run Ending Kick.  No one choose  to race me in to the Chute though. Guess they had to stay together.  I was Running 44 Minute/ 6.2 Mile Runs back  then and probably  weighed just over 200lbs. That is a good time for that weight.   Good Memory.

That sure is. The Cadets are just so well versed on how to treat people. Always a pleasant experience meeting them.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Just a little update on Teddi. She is thriving at WP. All her classes are going well with the exception of Russian. Why she took Russian her first year is beyond me. She likes challenges. She is a member of the Sandhurst team. (

Image result for what is army sandhurst

Sandhurst was started in 1967 when RMAS presented West Point with a British Officer's sword to use as the prize for a competition to promote military excellence. It wasn't until 1975 that the competition began to resemble its current form with teams taking part in different challenges to test their military skills.)

Last week she was Cadet of the week. We have been having a ball at the football games Tailgating and feeding at times 15 Cadets. It has been a wonderful experience. Go Army beat Navy!

IMG_2553.jpeg

• Like 7

• 4 months later...

Hi Guys!, Been a while since I posted about Teddi. She is thriving at West Point. This weekend is parent/ Plebe weekend. She was honored with Battalion Commander for Plebe weekend. I'm just about ready to take off and spend the weekend! She is on the boxing team, absolutely loves it. I boxed when I was young and I taught her a few thing or two! She is in her second semester and learning the Russian language! This summer will be Air Born school at Fort Benning. It wasn't too long ago on a phone call she brought up all the cards and letters you guys sent her. The little things in life that mean the most! I'll post some pictures. We have a big fancy dinner Saturday night!

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

That’s awesome, and it’s great to hear that she is thriving there. Thank her for her service.  It’s looking like she might have some opportunities to put those Russian language skills to use in the not too distant future.  

We stopped at West Point, with our youngest daughter, on the way home from dropping our oldest off at a downstate college.  It certainly was an impressive place, and a very scenic location on the river.   

We saw that they had some women’s sports programs, but no field-hockey (our youngest’s  favorite).  She got recruited by several colleges that had that, including St .John Fisher, where she ended up.  No serving of her Country for her, so far anyhow. It’s nice to have her, just about an hour from home.  

Our eldest had enough of the downstate college, 6 hours away from home, after a semester and a half (thank goodness).  She came back home, got a decent-paying job, and is contemplating the Navy.  We were only “empty nesters” for 1/2 of a semester.  Both of them are in Florida on spring break right now.

• Like 1

Some pictures from this weekend! Unfortunately the parade was canceled. Teddi was a Battalion Commander in the parade, the hat picture and she had a beautiful Saber also. A picture holding her Sisters hand! Now she has a week off to sleep and play with her dog!!! Enjoy!

IMG_3289.jpeg

IMG_3290.jpeg

IMG_3293.jpeg

IMG_3305.jpeg

IMG_3311.jpeg

IMG_4348-preview.jpg

IMG_0467-preview.jpg

IMG_0521-preview.jpg

IMG_0536.jpg

IMG_3287.jpeg

Edited by First-light
  • Like 9

It wasn't too long ago that we were sending her appreciation cards. It won't be too long until she's graduating.

Time flies.

My daughter is finishing college this year, and I don't know where it went. Watching them pupate into their adult forms is an awesome journey. It's great to see your daughter thriving.

Edited by knehrke
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, knehrke said:

It wasn't too long ago that we were sending her appreciation cards. It won't be too long until she's graduating.

Time flies.

My daughter is finishing college this year, and I don't know where it went. Watching them pupate into their adult forms is an awesome journey. It's great to see your daughter thriving.

Thank you and congrats to your daughter. Yes it goes fast, too fast!

• 2 months later...

Her first year ended. She did well and became fluent in Russian. She was in the first wave of Cadet field training which ends on June 11th. I will pick her up for a week at my house then down to her Moms house. After that off to Fort Benning for Air Born then back to West Point for Air assault. Kid likes to take advantage of time so be it! 

70743541498__F0382575-1F03-477C-AB3D-F0AD90915A84.jpeg

• Like 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I got to see two jumps yesterday, pretty cool. She is done and now a part of AirBorne!

Last jump was in the dark. Unfortunately there are risks on every jump. 1st jump a soldier broke his leg when anther guy got on top of his chute and accelerated his decent. Night jump two guys got tangled up don't know how bad but the ambulance was called.  

IMG_3935.jpeg

• Like 3