A Warning to all New Yorkers!

RangerClay

As you all know, New York does not have a budget yet and is starving for cash. It seems as though the NY Troopers are fishing in grey areas for a traffic ticket. Lately they are pulling people over and giving out $250 tickets if people are leaving their trailer hitch in the receiver. There is no such law! If you get pulled over, arm yourself with this article,

http://www.wktv.com/news/local/95641864.html

I know a local LEO and she has said that if they were looking for a reason to pull someone over they could get me because I have a trailer ball on my bumper. Why you ask? If they wanted to stretch the law they could say that it blocks their view of my license plate.

I know its baloney but hopefully this can keep you from getting pulled over after a couple beers.

There isn't any such law, however I can see them using the "it's blocking your plate" excuse if you happen to have a ball directly on your bumper. It is kinda like the ticket I got for the blue light I had on my dashboard because it was"obstructing my view".

They can give you a ticket if you have a ball that mounts ON the bumper in the hole in front of the plate. I got a ticket on my motorcycle for a ornamental frame around my plate for the same thing...got it thrown out but still a pain in the a$$. The judge told me that even the frameas that the dealers put around the plate can be ticketed....all mine ar off now

They can give you a ticket if you have a ball that mounts ON the bumper in the hole in front of the plate. I got a ticket on my motorcycle for a ornamental frame around my plate for the same thing...got it thrown out but still a pain in the a$$. The judge told me that even the frameas that the dealers put around the plate can be ticketed....all mine ar off now

They gave me a ticket for having an frame . Well I was actully not wearing my seatbelt but the officer was nice and gave me a lower ticket. But is still cost me $120. But the buget is pass thank god.