The Itch

heavuser

It's begun for me. Started going through all my gear, ordered new hunting clothes, new broadheads, started shooting targets again. I'm getting that itch hard core! This will be my 3rd year hunting, second year with a bow, first full season with a bow. Anyone else feeling that itch!?

• Like 6

I used to get itchy around the beginning of August when I was younger. It kind of fades as you get older but that first cool Fall day BOOM I'm itchy all over!!! lol Enjoy it, a good feeling!

Edited by First-light
  • Like 1

It's at this point an almost year round season for me. Between the actual hunting season and then all the land work of cutting and mowing and improvements and I enjoy it all. But I will def get more itchy as we get closer. One year I didn't take the opener off from work and I paced and bitched all day. Lol. Even though I don't care much for the early part of season.

Fishing scratches the itch til about Aug when it slows down.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

• Like 1

The last week or two I've been really amped. I'll start shooting around 8/1. Yesterday even with 100 degree heat index I went for a walk in the woods. I was rewarded when I got stung in the ankle by a yellowjacket. I ordered new hiking/bowseason boots and an M7 Millenium.

Edited by BizCT
  • Like 1

Just now, BizCT said:

The last week or two I've been really amped. I'll start shooting around 8/1. Yesterday even with 100 degree heat index I went for a walk in the woods. I was rewarded when I got stung in the ankle by a yellowjacket.

Are you OK?

24 minutes ago, Jeremy K said:

Are you OK?

Itchy leg. but no adverse allergic reactions. Under the recommendation of my personal doctor, I popped one 25 mg Benadryl 

Edited by BizCT

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Phew, I thought this thread was about another type of “itch”.   

And yet you still clicked on it,haha.

I am starting to feel it,been shooting the bow on and off and tried to fully dial it in with bareshafts and then broadheads. I am there now,and I changed the way I pull the trigger on my release. I still use my wrist release but use back tension to fire now,much better release then pulling the trigger.

I have to build a few things for my climbing system and start practicing that so I am smooth when the opener comes.

I do need to do some scouting as well to see what the oaks are doing around here this year.

• Like 1

Usually mid August or so,  but we have our daughters wedding the first week of August, then Alaska the last week and first week,of September.

That works well for staring to shoot a few arrows mid September , I did just put ,my two cameras out .

The summers for the pool , just sold the boat .