2022 DMP's

steve863

6 hours ago, moog5050 said:

This will be season 11 for me and the first 8 years I averaged 5 harvests each season (a few times 3 and a few times 7 deer) and I always wanted all 4 DMPs.   Year 9 was when my late wife was sick.  Limited my hunting and only took my 2 bucks - one in archery and  one in regular seasons.  Last year I was so busy that I only hunted 4 times and didn't harvest anything although came close on a bruiser twice in archery - only 1 gun hunt.  I have no desire to kill that many deer anymore.   The two buck tags and one doe will be plenty.  I may apply for the first two DMPs just in case a guest needs one, but have no plans on using them myself.  I guess that blood thirst and desire for tons of venison is gone.  lol  I still hope to start getting back out more regularly though.

Know the feeling....

On 7/21/2022 at 12:27 PM, moog5050 said:

This will be season 11 for me and the first 8 years I averaged 5 harvests each season (a few times 3 and a few times 7 deer) and I always wanted all 4 DMPs.   Year 9 was when my late wife was sick.  Limited my hunting and only took my 2 bucks - one in archery and  one in regular seasons.  Last year I was so busy that I only hunted 4 times and didn't harvest anything although came close on a bruiser twice in archery - only 1 gun hunt.  I have no desire to kill that many deer anymore.   The two buck tags and one doe will be plenty.  I may apply for the first two DMPs just in case a guest needs one, but have no plans on using them myself.  I guess that blood thirst and desire for tons of venison is gone.  lol  I still hope to start getting back out more regularly though.

For some of us, there comes a point in our deer hunting, where quality is more important to us than quantity. And that is just fine!!! We all have different reasons to be out there. No one size fits all. And as the seasons go by, our own reasons sometimes change too. For myself, I don't need to kill every deer I get within range. And try to shoot a mature buck for this area, and possibly a doe. That fills my needs. The days are long gone from when we NEEDED as much meat as we could get.

It's ALL GOOD if a hunter shoots one deer, or as many legal deer as they have tags for!!

As for you my friend, I hope you have your best season ever this year.

• Like 6

7 hours ago, Chef said:

Of course I sell the camp and 3h goes from PP required to medium

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m in 3H, this year I’m sending the videos to the DEC of the herds of does walking by me each season and ask them to explain why I can never get a doe tag.

• 2 weeks later...
20 minutes ago, GreeneHunter said:

Curious ..... If I request my first DMP in an WMU that has a " High or Med " as the first choice and my second request / choice is in an WMU that has a " None "  does that automatically mean a definite " not getting a second one " ?

Yes.

On 7/20/2022 at 12:15 PM, grampy said:

4-H is yet again a tough draw. Have a PP so maybe I'll get lucky?

@grampy  well I picked up a 4H DMP and my son picked up a 4H DMP and my wife received a 4H DMP ....  First time I've ever seen that ! All happened today !  ENCON must not be getting their numbers !

Edited by GreeneHunter

On 7/20/2022 at 12:18 PM, Robhuntandfish said:

7F is down 6000 permits from previous years. But still at 24,000. The success rate is only like 7% cause they give out so many permits. Nov 1 you can go back and get 2 more leftovers.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I got two 7F doe permits today at the local Town Hall!

Edited by Otto
  • Like 1

I got two 7F doe permits today at the local Town Hall!
Awesome let's get em filled!
I got 2 as well. They always have leftovers Nov 1 and I only really need to fill one but got two.

I should prob make my second pic for one of these guys that have a hard time getting certain areas. I really don't need two. Esp when also have the bow tag and can get more free Nov 1.

I see the numbers went down this year for 7F but they will still have leftovers I'm sure.

Sent from my motorola edge 5G UW (2021) using Tapatalk

I’m in 3H, this year I’m sending the videos to the DEC of the herds of does walking by me each season and ask them to explain why I can never get a doe tag.

Bet you get one this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk