Places to eat in New Paltz/Oswego

Swamp_bucks

wife and daughter are touring SUNY Oswego Saturday and are looking for a place to eat dinner before they head home if anyone has suggestions.

Daughter and I will be touring SUNY New Paltz on Tuesday.  Looking for a place to eat for lunch before we head back home. 

Really think New Paltz will be the school she falls in love with seems to have everything she’s looking for.  Any info on the area would be greatly appreciated.

Another big thumbs up for Canales. Great Italian /American food.  They are worth a stop.  Even during COVID they were at the top of their game with food and service. We are planning a trip there in the next week or so. Rudys is ok...it is fast sea food . Not a sit down eat in place, and depending on when you show up the outside wait can be very lengthy. More of a local tradition thing than anything. 

11 hours ago, skully said:

P and Gs in new paltz if you like ribs and wings

P &G’s is good

Bacchus

Karma Road (also vegetarian) has been my recent place to stop when I have time. Next to rail trail and the brew place Chef mentioned)

Bangkok Cafe ( very good Thai)

Ipho ( good Vietnamese)

Its a college town in every sense of the word, LOTS of places to eat.

On 7/21/2022 at 5:11 AM, n.y.grandpa said:

Canale's in Oswego. Not far from the college and good food at a reasonable price.

On 7/21/2022 at 8:31 AM, Daveboone said:

Another big thumbs up for Canales. Great Italian /American food.  

My wife and daughter said thanks for the recommendation. The service was excellent and food even better.  Also looks like she really enjoyed the campus as well.  

• Like 1

Went to New Paltz today.  She said it is maybe number 5 on her list. Just wasn’t to impressed with their communication department.  She just felt uncomfortable the entire time.   She loved the area and the scenery but she didn’t even want to stay and eat. Just wanted to get back home so she could go to work tonight.  

oswego set the bar very high for her expectations of what she wants from a college and the surrounding area. 

Edited by Swamp_bucks
  • Like 2

Went to New Paltz today.  She said it is maybe number 5 on her list. Just wasn’t to impressed with their communication department.  She just felt uncomfortable the entire time.   She loved the area and the scenery but she didn’t even want to stay and eat. Just wanted to get back home so she could go to work tonight.  

oswego set the bar very high for her expectations of what she wants from a college and the surrounding area. 

Funny you say that. I went to visit in 2002. I remember looking around the cafeteria and saying to my parents “I have no idea who I would hang out with. Everyone is weird”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 1