Uh Oh: Biden has COVID !!

46 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Many doctors are saying people who are vaccinated are more likely to get it now than people who had it and were never vaccinated.  Seems natural immunity was the way to go.

Nobody would ever have refuted that. Natural immunity is and will always be the best form of defense. The kicker of course is that some people died or become forever changed during the course of battling some of the first variants which would have built in that immunity.

Interesting fact I heard from Bill Maher of all people the other day. over 70% of those who died from covid were overweight. So yes I think it's fair to note that those who are overweight may also suffer from other health issues, but it does just go to show that many healthy people (although not all) did not have much to worry about.

I have my issues and that's why I got my shots. But I never loved the direction we went with pushing the vaccine on workers, military etc. for the reasons I mentioned above. 

• Like 1

Nobody would ever have refuted that. Natural immunity is and will always be the best form of defense. The kicker of course is that some people died or become forever changed during the course of battling some of the first variants which would have built in that immunity.
Interesting fact I heard from Bill Maher of all people the other day. over 70% of those who died from covid were overweight. So yes I think it's fair to note that those who are overweight may also suffer from other health issues, but it does just go to show that many healthy people (although not all) did not have much to worry about.
I have my issues and that's why I got my shots. But I never loved the direction we went with pushing the vaccine on workers, military etc. for the reasons I mentioned above. 

Im in a battle with my daughters college. They wont give her a roommate until she gets a booster. She had covid on 6/27, still has a light cough. They now say you can get a booster as soon as symptoms go away. What happened to 90 days? This is all bullshit. These shots may have worked on earlier variants but its crystal clear they do absolutely nothing now. And young women are suffering side effects. Im extremely pissed off. We sent a medical exemption form in and are waiting for their reply

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

Im in a battle with my daughters college. They wont give her a roommate until she gets a booster. She had covid on 6/27, still has a light cough. They now say you can get a booster as soon as symptoms go away. What happened to 90 days? This is all bullshit. These shots may have worked on earlier variants but its crystal clear they do absolutely nothing now. And young women are suffering side effects. Im extremely pissed off. We sent a medical exemption form in and are waiting for their reply

Well Tacks, have to agree with you on that. Booster and having had covid are both supposed to be good for 6 months after,maybe less. Either way,at this point you are probably less likely t9 get infected if you had covid recently vs a booster.

The college is a little to rigid imo...

• Like 1

Worse part is you can get tested and show antibodies and they wont accept natural immunity they demand the shot... feel bad for health care workers who have had covid dont want shot and are not allowed to work.... where is the follow the science now?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Northcountryman said:

I’m sure you guys heard on the news yesterday that Biden has COVID ; considering whos on deck in the line of succession , I sure hope he’s gonna be ok ( I sincerely mean this!! ) cuz as bad as he is as Pres, imagine her running the show - yikes !!! 

With heels up warming up in the bullpen, let's hope the dope survives.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Well Tacks, have to agree with you on that. Booster and having had covid are both supposed to be good for 6 months after,maybe less. Either way,at this point you are probably less likely t9 get infected if you had covid recently vs a booster.
The college is a little to rigid imo...

A healthy 18 year old should have the choice regardless

• Like 6

32 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

A healthy 18 year old should have the choice regardless

As she should according to this  Lancet report . They are advising law makers and CEO decision makers to reverse course after finding that taking a vaccine after recovering from Covid can be detrimental . They also found that natural immunity as at least egual to if not better than the vaccine .

https://www.thelancet.com/journals/laninf/article/PIIS1473-3099(21)00676-9/fulltext

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 1

President Biden having COVID might be more serious than the media is reporting.  Being 79 years old and having a reported medical history of asthma (see below) is of concern.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

“While studying at the University of Delaware and Syracuse University, Biden obtained five student draft deferments, at a time when most draftees were sent to the Vietnam War. In 1968, based on a physical examination, he was given a conditional medical deferment; in 2008, a spokesperson for Biden said his having had "asthma as a teenager" was the reason for the deferment.”

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, ADK Native said:

President Biden having COVID might be more serious than the media is reporting.  Being 79 years old and having a reported medical history of asthma (see below) is of concern.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Biden

“While studying at the University of Delaware and Syracuse University, Biden obtained five student draft deferments, at a time when most draftees were sent to the Vietnam War. In 1968, based on a physical examination, he was given a conditional medical deferment; in 2008, a spokesperson for Biden said his having had "asthma as a teenager" was the reason for the deferment.”

Old man has been traveling a lot lately, more likely jet lag and sundowners catching up. Can’t believe he went to beg the Saudi’s for oil and all he got was Covid one year to the day after he stated if you were vaccinated you would not get Covid. 

Edited by 9jNYstarkOH
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2022 at 4:11 PM, The_Real_TCIII said:

yeah i heard they're not going to recommend the 2nd booster anymore because it does nothing against the new variants. Both my parents just got covid and they're doing ok but it kicked their asses. Both boosted. 

• Like 1

yeah i heard they're not going to recommend the 2nd booster anymore because it does nothing against the new variants. Both my parents just got covid and they're doing ok but it kicked their asses. Both boosted. 

If youve got a link id love to see it

4 minutes ago, The_Real_TCIII said:

If youve got a link id love to see it

Well currently only the 1 booster is approved for people under 60 I think? The 2nd is only above 60 and the approval to lower it is with the FDA. I'm sure there's some news stories about it out there somewhere.