ADK Native Posted July 27, 2022 Share Posted July 27, 2022 https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/democrats-introduce-bill-requiring-term-limits-for-us-supreme-court-justices/ar-AA101CwQ?ocid=SL5GDHP&pc=SL5G&cvid=cb06ef7d45e3442bbe93ff1003f72dda The article states “The Supreme Court Tenure Establishment and Retirement Modernization Act (Term), would establish 18-year terms for Supreme Court justices and establish a process for the president to appoint a new justice every two years. After an 18-year term, justices would be retired from active judicial service.” Why are not the Democrats including term limits for members of congress? Term limits are their idea. They should embrace the ole cliché “LEAD BY EXAMPLE”. The article states “Confidence in the supreme court is at a record low. Just 25% of Americans have a great deal or quite a lot of confidence in the court, according to a June Gallup poll.” So the remaining 75% have no confidence in the supreme court because the SCOTUS recognizes “the right to bear arms shall not be infringed” and that BABY KILLING is wrong? The article states “Elena Kagan, appointed to the court by Barack Obama, said last week that if the court “loses all connection with the public and with public sentiment, that’s a dangerous thing for a democracy”. “Loses all connection?” What about the lost connection with the Constitution the liberal justices are suffering from? 3 1 Quote Link to comment Share on other sites More sharing options...
Join the conversation
You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.