Broadheads

boo711

Thinking about trying some new broad heads this year. I am currently shooting 75 gr mini blasters. The arrows I am shooting are Easton epic 400. I know there are a bunch of broadheads out there, will probably get a bunch of different opinions. I am heading to bass pro tonight so my son can buy a case for his bow and was going to take a look so just wanted to see what people think.

I'm pretty partial to the swackers regardless of hank Parker's endorsement ... Even better are the Elmer's edge which is an improvement on the swackers allowing u to take practice shots with the actual mechanical head u would hunt with simply by tightening a screw without deploying the blades and dulling them , but I doubt bass pro would carry them ... But I know they carry swackers , allow u to take most quartering shots without prematurely opening or deflecting , great durability , and I've only had one deer get away due to an unfortunate shot forward but I'm sold for life or until they stop makin em , or I'm convinced otherwise... Fly exactly like my field tips at 100 grns. Interested to see what u choose , I've heard really good things about rocket steelheads too

Edited by deerpassion

I ve also heard good things about the rockets as well. But never tried them. I have always had good experience with muzzy 3 blade fixed with trocar tip.. Was thinking about trying out a rage product in the near future.  the possibilities are endless goodluck!!

I have always had good experience with muzzy 3 blade fixed with trocar tip.. Was thinking about trying out a rage product in the near future. 

Muzzys have never let me down and after last year I will not waste $ on rage. Just my opinion.

You're right, lots of options nowadays.

Muzzys have never let me down and after last year I will not waste $ on rage. Just my opinion.

You're right, lots of options nowadays.

muzzy's are great. I am not sure I would call a rage a "waste of money" though. although you're entitled to your opinion.

i use rage with success. Never lost a deer even with the 1 bad shot I had.

I shot 125gr. thunderheads for years and got real good results. About 3 or 4 years ago I got a faster bow and wanted a lower profile broad head so I went with 2 blade Rage. I like them a lot. Real big holes. 

slick trick broadheads have worked for me the past few years...  I shoot 100 grain and they fly great.  i practice out to 45 yards with consistent groupings.

I have yet to find a mech. broadhead that can out perform Tricks.  I use 100 grain Slick Trick Mags.

But if you are set on Mech's then take a look at the Nuke.  http://www.slicktrick.net/

muzzy's are great. I am not sure I would call a rage a "waste of money" though. although you're entitled to your opinion.

i use rage with success. Never lost a deer even with the 1 bad shot I had.

I've seen them do extremely well and also fail miserably. Things happen, but I'm not taking chances. I'm not completely sold on mechs, but you guys sure are putting out some good ideas. Keep em' comin'.

Check out Ulmer edge,I used to love the old 2 blade spitfires when they first came out.Then they discontinued them.When my supply of hoarded broadheads ran out I tried a few but went back to shooting fixed blade NAP thunderheads for a few ears till the Ulmers came out.The ulmer is a awesome head.I will be shooting them for a while. Absolutely destroys deer,and with any luck I will let you know what they do to bears the last week of August when I go to Maine.

nobody has asked about your setup yet.  what's your draw weight, draw length (or height if you don't know it), bow, and what you're hunting? 

just about any broadhead will kill something but certain bow setups work better with different types or size of broadheads.  i shoot both mechanicals and fixed blades for different setups.  I've shot Muzzy's for a while and now shoot Rage heads with my compound and then shoot NAP hellrazors with my recurve.