WestchesterBowman

Incredible Trail Cam Photo (Death On A Log Crossing)

Damn coyotes!  :angry:

• Like 1

NRA Lifetime member.

"We do not inherit the Earth from our ancestors, we borrow it from our children." - Native American Indian Proverb

"My goal in life is to become as wonderful as my dog thinks I am" - Toby & Eileen Green

That answers one question..

Thumper was just ASKING why Bambi hadn't been over to play the last couple of days...

Cool pic. Would have been even cooler if it was coming towards the cam.

• Like 2

"The sportsman lives his life vicariously. For he secretly yearns to have lived before, in a simpler time. A time when his love for the land, water, fish and wildlife would be more than just part of his life. It would be his state of mind."

Would have been even cooler I there was a hunter on the other end of the log with a shotgun pointed at the little bastards face.

Yup.. Ol Wille has got to eat too! B)

“We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes. I realized then, and have known ever since, that there was something new to me in those eyes—something known only to her and to the mountain. I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.”   – Aldo Leopold

• Like 4

"Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle, and rub their hands and say, "Look, brothers. An archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!".

Would have been even cooler I there was a hunter on the other end of the log with a shotgun pointed at the little bastards face.

:biggrin:

"It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice." - Wease

Yup.. Ol Wille has got to eat too! B)

“We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes. I realized then, and have known ever since, that there was something new to me in those eyes—something known only to her and to the mountain. I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.”   – Aldo Leopold

Was that from "A sand County Almanac"?

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

nuts I cant view the photo. all I see is a box with a red X in in and some random letters and numbers

You never really NEED a gun until you REALLY need a gun...W. E. B. Griffin.

I carry a gun not because Im looking for a fight,, but because I’m looking to be left alone......

In my view, bullets are like boobs, they can be too big, but not often.  

Maybe it's a road kill or one of the many that get hit during the first cutting of hay?

That's possible, but this is also just the way it's supposed to work.

SteveMcD's 'Aldo quote' is spot on!

View my nature photos @

http://www.pbase.com/wooly

Another one bites the dust. And it wont even be made into jerkey...

... " An eye for a eye ,, A tooth for a tooth "...

I vote to preserve the right to bear arms.

I don't fear the average person having a firearm and not needing it... I have fear for the average person, that doesn't have a firearm when they need it the most.

****** GET ER DONE *******

I like that pic!

Can you blame this yote?Yumm, just like veal!

It most likely was going to feed its young. I hope those yote pups eat well and grow up to be awesome feral cat killers!

Does NJ still have a booming black bear population?

• Like 1

You do and it’ll be the biggest mistake YOU ever made, you Texas brush-popper!--Rooster Cogburn

Maybe it's a road kill or one of the many that get hit during the first cutting of hay?

Optimist, huh?

Please support the hunting of Mourning Dove In New York State.  For information, visit nydovehunting.weebly.com/

Natural selection, the way it's supposed to be. Cars kill way more deer anyway.

Edited by nycredneck
  • Like 1

09/11 Never Forget

Bowtech Comander 75lb, Elite 65lb

Personally I view the yote as a presence of good game, be it rabbit, fawn, mice, turkey or bucks they have to eat too.  To say they do not put a dent in the population would be wrong but I don't think they prey on adult deer that are healthy, usually.  They are survivors that is for sure!  Many hunters like myself try to get them when they cross our paths but they are wild, fast and hard to stop when on the move, true survivors with senses and instinct to match.

:bye:

Very cool pic!!!

Great picture. It's funny how we view these animals that kill deer. We can take picts of them as pups and think they are cute. They grow up and we want them all dead. I had a litter of fox pups this year on my property. We watched them for a weekend and they were entertaining playing around waiting for mom to come home to eat. Found a turkey and deer leg by the entrance of the den. When I told some people about it some comments were "did you kill the bastards" they eat fawns and small game.

Meanwhile this person has about 5 outdoor cats roaming all over the place. I bet you they do more damage than the fox.........

"We Feed 'em"

"He Breeds 'em"

Legends Lodge, "Where Legends are born"

Was that from "A sand County Almanac"?

Hi, Lawdwaz... yes.

"Someday you and I will take the Great Hart by our own skill alone, and with an arrow. And then the Little Gods of the Woods will chuckle, and rub their hands and say, "Look, brothers. An archer! The Old Times are not altogether gone!".

I have to agree with NFA-ADK & First Light.... Coyote populations just like other predators are tied to the amount of available food in the area. Less game equals smalller litters. Coyotes get a bad rap, they are no more opportunistic than any other predator. Coyotes take 2 fawns per square mile per year. Black Bears take one fawn per square mile and Bobcats take one fawn per square mile.

I see our local coyotes on occasion in the morning on the way to work, usually mousing in a field, or not for from someone's chicken coop! LOL!  

Hi, Lawdwaz... yes.

Awesome book.  I seem to pick it up and re-read it every 5-6 years or so.

Good stuff!