Incredible Trail Cam Photo (Death On A Log Crossing)

Yup.. Ol Wille has got to eat too! B)

“We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes. I realized then, and have known ever since, that there was something new to me in those eyes—something known only to her and to the mountain. I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.”   – Aldo Leopold

• Like 4

Yup.. Ol Wille has got to eat too! B)

“We reached the old wolf in time to watch a fierce green fire dying in her eyes. I realized then, and have known ever since, that there was something new to me in those eyes—something known only to her and to the mountain. I was young then, and full of trigger-itch; I thought that because fewer wolves meant more deer, that no wolves would mean hunters' paradise. But after seeing the green fire die, I sensed that neither the wolf nor the mountain agreed with such a view.”   – Aldo Leopold

Was that from "A sand County Almanac"?

I like that pic!

Can you blame this yote?Yumm, just like veal!

It most likely was going to feed its young. I hope those yote pups eat well and grow up to be awesome feral cat killers!

Does NJ still have a booming black bear population?

• Like 1

Personally I view the yote as a presence of good game, be it rabbit, fawn, mice, turkey or bucks they have to eat too.  To say they do not put a dent in the population would be wrong but I don't think they prey on adult deer that are healthy, usually.  They are survivors that is for sure!  Many hunters like myself try to get them when they cross our paths but they are wild, fast and hard to stop when on the move, true survivors with senses and instinct to match.

:bye:

Very cool pic!!!

Great picture. It's funny how we view these animals that kill deer. We can take picts of them as pups and think they are cute. They grow up and we want them all dead. I had a litter of fox pups this year on my property. We watched them for a weekend and they were entertaining playing around waiting for mom to come home to eat. Found a turkey and deer leg by the entrance of the den. When I told some people about it some comments were "did you kill the bastards" they eat fawns and small game.

Meanwhile this person has about 5 outdoor cats roaming all over the place. I bet you they do more damage than the fox.........

I have to agree with NFA-ADK & First Light.... Coyote populations just like other predators are tied to the amount of available food in the area. Less game equals smalller litters. Coyotes get a bad rap, they are no more opportunistic than any other predator. Coyotes take 2 fawns per square mile per year. Black Bears take one fawn per square mile and Bobcats take one fawn per square mile.

I see our local coyotes on occasion in the morning on the way to work, usually mousing in a field, or not for from someone's chicken coop! LOL!