Liberty Safes

It was time for me to buy a new safe, as i was completely out of room for any new guns. I started looking a couple weeks ago for a 60+ capacity safe. I didn't want to spend $3000+, but didn't want to cheap out either. I went to my local tractor supply and checked out the cannons and a liberty that they had. The cannon looked nice, but i did some research and found that they really weren't great, plus they're imported. The liberty they had was beautiful, but it was $2800. So today i had to pick some pellets up for my smoker and went to check them out again. The liberty that was $2800 last week was marked down as a mangers special for $1400 so i bought it. It was a struggle to get it inside, as its just under 1000 lbs, but it seems to be very well made.

Does anyone have any experiences with Liberty? My only concern is that its a digital lock system, which i feel could die at any time, but i have some cheaper safes that are also battery operated and haven't had any issues. 

What are some must haves for a big safe other than a dehumidifier? This is my first "big" safe. Its a 64 gun, but i know ill be lucky if i get half of that. My other safes are rated for around 30 guns if i remember right.

• Like 2

Sounds like a great deal. I have a lower end liberty. I registered with them and they have my combo in a secured account if I ever forget. My lock is manual not digital. It has a decent fireproof rating and does what I need.

• Like 1

My buddy had a liberty  safe.  The only thing he didn't like about it was the lip on the bottom .  As the floor of the safe was lower than the door opening he would occasionally bump the stocks on his guns moving them in and out. He was pretty pissed when he dinged the fox double.

• Like 1

Sounds like a hell of a deal. If you haven't already looked into it, an LED strip on a motion sensor is a game changer for interior lighting.

I’ll look into lights. It could really use some. It’s pretty dark inside.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sounds like a great deal. I have a lower end liberty. I registered with them and they have my combo in a secured account if I ever forget. My lock is manual not digital. It has a decent fireproof rating and does what I need.

Did you have to call them to register or can I do it online?

My buddy had a liberty  safe.  The only thing he didn't like about it was the lip on the bottom .  As the floor of the safe was lower than the door opening he would occasionally bump the stocks on his guns moving them in and out. He was pretty pissed when he dinged the fox double.

I can see that being an issue. I’ll have to be careful most of my guns are wood.

13 minutes ago, SuperMag said:

Did you have to call them to register or can I do it online?

I believe it was a form I registered with that came with the safe at the time of the sale.

• Like 1