Crossbow Update A283

Tinlodge

Per the NYS Assembly calendar, today (6/20) is their last scheduled session before the extended summer recess until I believe mid-September.

Oh boy. Today is the day!!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

So now what's the next step?

well I guess the pro a283 crowd will have to hope it makes a quick move to vote when the next session starts up. Im not sure at what point the dec may shelf it for the year. Edited by jesse.james

The minority trumps the majority again. Politics as usual again in this state. What a freakin joke. They don't hear the majority, they don't hear the facts and that's just the way it is. A lot of disabled people won't be able to go out for early archery again. I bet that will make certain number of minority hunters very happy and satisfied. Don't you just love this state and the people who run it? What a joke it is.

• Like 1

The minority trumps the majority again. Politics as usual again in this state. What a freakin joke. They don't hear the majority, they don't hear the facts and that's just the way it is. A lot of disabled people won't be able to go out for early archery again. I bet that will make certain number of minority hunters very happy and satisfied. Don't you just love this state and the people who run it? What a joke it is.

Yup, sucks. I'll be buying my archery tags in ct and pa, where I can hunt with xbow.

I'll say it again...just try to get them in for small game hunting first...deer will follow...

My luck...Told Mr B the day I brought my impulse buy home....watch now with my luck they won't allow X-bows after this year...he reminds me now and then...lol

Theres still a chance. They start back up in either August or September. They have squeezed things like this in at the last minute before. Remember the youth deer hunt last year? The first go round with crossbows was put into place rather quickly as well.

Im hopeful that they will get it moved on this year, though I would have rather seen it done early so that it wouldnt have to be rushed. We will see.

• Like 1

Theres still a chance. They start back up in either August or September. They have squeezed things like this in at the last minute before. Remember the youth deer hunt last year? The first go round with crossbows was put into place rather quickly as well.

Im hopeful that they will get it moved on this year, though I would have rather seen it done early so that it wouldnt have to be rushed. We will see.

I remember the youth hunt fiasco, was literally right before it was supposed to start before it got the green light......but, if I remember, that was held up by the bill that NYBowhunters were trying to get passed that would have effectively squashed any other weapons besides longbows to be allowed during any Archery season.......I don't remember if it was vetoed or just left to die.

I remember the youth hunt fiasco, was literally right before it was supposed to start before it got the green light......but, if I remember, that was held up by the bill that NYBowhunters were trying to get passed that would have effectively squashed any other weapons besides longbows to be allowed during any Archery season.......I don't remember if it was vetoed or just left to die.

Idiots

lol.

looks like the mods deleted my last post too. What a great site. All I said was that calling the decision bad and being made by a bunch of idiots is all relative to your stance on the subject. But hey, I guess I didn't slang any insults where others did, so I was out of line :fan:

There have been a total of 10 posts removed from this site in the month of June so far. Every one of them have been double posts. Id be more than happy to show you the logs if you require proof.

• 2 weeks later...

Have them put two bills forward...one for the deer season one for small game...your back door as it were...the only thing you'd have to lose is no cross bow if both  don't pass....Which is what your getting NOW...but politics as it is at least one will pass..it's the nature of politicians to try to look good(compromising) if given the option...When the sky doesn't fall and hunters have gotten use to them...by the way it may increase a much needed increase in small game hunting.....Then passage into deer season will be much easier...

Edited by growalot

Grow, you do realize that this bill has nothing to do with deer hunting specifically, right? All it does is make the crossbow a legal hunting implement in NY and allow the DEC to regulate what you can hunt with it. Cant get more basic than that.

The problem is, a minority group has one person in their back pocket, and unfortunately, that one person is capable of keeping the bill from being voted on by our state representatives. I would feel much better if the bill was voted on and failed on its merit rather than be kept out by one person with an agenda. Pretty pathetic if you ask me.

Then I miss under stood...probably due to the specific conversations to them being allowed in bow season vs allowed in gun...Also due to the reference of NYB having Sweeney's ear.

What has been tried a few times  has not worked.....trying a different strategy IMO seems to be the only logical course of action...Have the NYB ppl ever said no CB in small game? Do you think given a opportunity to be looked at as a compromiser, Sweeney would block such a bill?

At this point just getting ones foot in the door should take priority...Having them listed as a legal implement in NYS small game puts them on the list of legal implements...just limited for now...That would be the opening needed.....

Edited by growalot