This Is How It Goes

DirtTime

After waiting weeks with no reply to emails sent, I called the Director Of Fish And Game, Jacqueline Lendrum. This is what the Governors' Office is telling her to tell people. I was informed of:

Any state owned land in the Adirondack Park or Catskill Park that hunting has been allowed on will still allow hunting (for now). Going forward, any new land the state acquires will probably not allow hunting.

So as an example: If you hunt the West Canada Lake Wilderness in the ADK Park, you can still hunt there. If you Hunt Slide Mountain in the Catskill Park, you can still hunt there.

Just passing this information along for the hunters. Now, I'm going back to finding better things to do than hanging out on this forum.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 1 month later...
On 8/1/2022 at 10:11 AM, DirtTime said:

After waiting weeks with no reply to emails sent, I called the Director Of Fish And Game, Jacqueline Lendrum. This is what the Governors' Office is telling her to tell people. I was informed of:

Any state owned land in the Adirondack Park or Catskill Park that hunting has been allowed on will still allow hunting (for now). Going forward, any new land the state acquires will probably not allow hunting.

So as an example: If you hunt the West Canada Lake Wilderness in the ADK Park, you can still hunt there. If you Hunt Slide Mountain in the Catskill Park, you can still hunt there.

Just passing this information along for the hunters. Now, I'm going back to finding better things to do than hanging out on this forum.

The govonor doesn't have the athourity to outlaw/set rules on allowing   hunting or not allowing it  on state land  it has to be done through the legislators /dec