Rules For Dating My Daughter . . .

Deerthug

There are good points made on both sides on this issue. Some girls DO do it sooner than others and some girls do wait for later on in life. Both girls and boys have hormones. Some can keep them in check and others can't which is why we hear about so many teen pregnancies. 

My wife and I teach our daughter to respect herself and seriously think about whether she wants to give it up to a particular guy while emphasizing the consequences of doing it at a young age including pregnancy, diseases and the like and hope that our values have sunk in enough that she waits a bit longer. 

The T-shirt and gun toting/displaying will deter some guys from going the extra step but not all. We can only do so much to guide our kids boys and girls alike to make the right choices in life. 

• Like 4

I did not want to get involved with this just liked the T-shirt but I had to

I really don't think that anyone one here thinks a t-shirt will stop them from doing what they are going to do. It may make them think

but this comment really bothers me

"But the fact is that every pretty girl goes through a slutty phase, some stay in the phase longer than others. If you have a dorky daughter she won't be a sloot, but she will have self esteem issues because she's not pretty"

if you believe this I hope you just don't have any kids cause it sounds to me like you are wading in the shallow end of the gene pool

Mature name calling. I'm 29, finished college 7 years ago, no school today! Feel free to pm me if you would like to further discuss my life.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

some day when you grow up and maybe have a daughter, you will realize that when someone makes blanket B.S. statements, like you do, that name calling, although sometimes childish,  might make you feel a little better.....Junior.

just to chime in, the girls who hold off and WAIT, fall into a very small percentile... this is the truth

remember when you guys were younger, the stories you had growing up in your early teens? well, those girls were daughters of some father who may have thought their girl was such an innocent one. AND THAT WAS BACK THEN... now ITS WORSE

these girls who maybe 16, 17, 18 LOOK like they are mid 20s now, its scary, because for the most part they even act like they are in their 20s. i have my own stories but those are locked in memory bank to stay but i can tell you, the quite innocent ones sometimes scare me how they act behind closed doors and this was years ago, i cant even imagine how far its come since then. 

being a harda** with your daughter only gives her MORE reason to be more rebellious to her parents and more curious in exploring herself. Im not saying all girls are overly sexually active and at early ages but i know the things i have done and seen and ill tell you some of their fathers were harda**es and thought they were keeping their daughters from the boys but in reality, they pushed them there without knowing it....

on a topic note: nice shirt, very funny

but dont think that will scare the boys away, it will put the thought in their head for sure but the girls are the ones who usually find away around that.

• Like 2

and no i dont have any kids, YET. but its in the EVRY close future and alls i can hope is to do my best raising them to where they can make their decisions as wise as possible. 

• Like 1

I have a friend.  She's 32.  A successful artist (her work has been featured in several ads and exhibitions) and a successful graphic designer.  She also hits the bar circuit.  She values herself and her body and doesn't "give it up" to who ever buys her a drink.  She buys her own drink.  But ever so happen, she'll spot a hunk at a bar that she likes and takes him home.  To her, he was her "conquest".  Would she be defined as a "sloot" or would she be defined as a woman who knows what she wants and goes after it?  We as men congratulate each other when we get a hot girls phone number but we frown upon women do the same.  To me, a "sloot" is someone who doesn't place a lot of value to her own body.  They'll give it away for certain gains such as material things or power and influence but not because of their own sexual desires.

EDIT: [Addition] - She grew up near Syracuse and her mother hunts.  She's not a "down stater".

Edited by Elmo

just to chime in, the girls who hold off and WAIT, fall into a very small percentile... this is the truth

remember when you guys were younger, the stories you had growing up in your early teens? well, those girls were daughters of some father who may have thought their girl was such an innocent one. AND THAT WAS BACK THEN... now ITS WORSE

these girls who maybe 16, 17, 18 LOOK like they are mid 20s now, its scary, because for the most part they even act like they are in their 20s. i have my own stories but those are locked in memory bank to stay but i can tell you, the quite innocent ones sometimes scare me how they act behind closed doors and this was years ago, i cant even imagine how far its come since then. 

being a harda** with your daughter only gives her MORE reason to be more rebellious to her parents and more curious in exploring herself. Im not saying all girls are overly sexually active and at early ages but i know the things i have done and seen and ill tell you some of their fathers were harda**es and thought they were keeping their daughters from the boys but in reality, they pushed them there without knowing it....

on a topic note: nice shirt, very funny

but dont think that will scare the boys away, it will put the thought in their head for sure but the girls are the ones who usually find away around that.

Maybe so, but for some little wad to just imply, based only on his experience, that everyones daughters are automatically "all" sluts is B.S. Does the little wad know me? does he know my family? does he know my daughters and how they were brought up?

Maybe so, but for some little wad to just imply, based only on his experience, that everyones daughters are automatically "all" sluts is B.S. Does the little wad know me? does he know my family? does he know my daughters and how they were brought up?

I never said anything about you or your family. I repeatedly said "majority" of girls.

Congrats to you on being a great Dad and their white weddings, there's nothing else to complain about.

I'm trying to understand why its OK to assume all young men are trouble and treat them so by waving guns in their face and threatening any and all that come around but when it comes to girls then we have to pick and choose which ones to criticize.

• Like 1

Jeremy, a lot of these old fogies that are calling others names such as "junior", have double standards and are quite the hypocrite. I'm trying to understand as well, but that seems to be the only explanation.

Geno is right, the shit I did as a teen and the virgins that were de-virginized, well, lets just say I know what to look out for with my daughter now. You dads truly are clueless if you think daddy's little girl is innocent and pure.

Edited by shawnhu
  • Like 3

I guess I just don't understand why someone would enter a conversation, in which guys are talking about their teenage daughters, and start saying things like teenage girls are sluts, they get "drilled" at parties and in cars, you never met a girl who was Virgin past the age of 20, when they're sitting down stairs with they boyfriends, you know what they're doing... blah blah...If those are your opinions fine, but they had no place in this conversation. If you had daughters you might get a little twisted hearing someone talk like that.

If your intention was to insult people, with your uncalled for comments or if it was just to sound like an 18 year old punk   congrats on both.

• Like 1

I guess I just don't understand why someone would enter a conversation, in which guys are talking about their teenage daughters, and start saying things like teenage girls are sluts, they get "drilled" at parties and in cars, you never met a girl who was Virgin past the age of 20, when they're sitting down stairs with they boyfriends, you know what they're doing... blah blah...If those are your opinions fine, but they had no place in this conversation. If you had daughters you might get a little twisted hearing someone talk like that.

If your intention was to insult people, with your uncalled for comments or if it was just to sound like an 18 year old punk   congrats on both.

and that pretty much sums up what caused this topic to take the turn it did.

• Like 1

I think we are ingrained to focus on the boy as the evil perpetrator that sometimes we forget to turn out attention to the girl.  Remember, unless it's rape, it takes two to tangle.  Some dads tend to think their little girl won't do anything wrong and therefore keeps their eyes focus on the boy why she runs around behind them.  Can't ignore the girl because she might be just as bad as the guy.

Not saying they're "evil" or "slots" but every teenager and young adults (boys and girls) goes through a curious stage where they A. think they are very capable of handling themselves and B. are very curious about what the adults are doing or worst, what the other kids are doing.

Many kids think their parents knows best...until they reach their teenage/young adult years.  Then they think their parents are stuck in ancient times and doesn't understand the pressure of being cool in high school in 2013.  They think their peers are more knowledgeable about current social norms.  It's not till they become old enough to think about children do they finally realize their parents were right all along.

Edited by Elmo

I had my first apartment when i was 16. I lived with a guy for 4 yrs and another for 8yrs and now i have been married for 10 yrs. I am positive my daddy thinks i am a virgin. yep he does

and I bet if someone made the same comments to him about you that were made on here, he would have choked the sh*t out of them.

I had my first apartment when i was 16. I lived with a guy for 4 yrs and another for 8yrs and now i have been married for 10 yrs. I am positive my daddy thinks i am a virgin. yep he does

I bet your a good cook !