Wtb federal fusion lite in 308

Son is looking for federal fusion lite in 308 . Do to a disability occurrence while serving in the army  he has to be very careful how much stress he puts on his shoulder. 2 years ago he bought a 308 and shot up the 2 boxes of reduced recoil I had purchased for my 308 encore  pistol. He has 5 rounds left . Looking for a couple boxes for him . He is hoping  to get out this year . Last year he was layed low by his 3rd surgery and didn't get out at all .

• 3 weeks later...

Wish I could help.

On 8/2/2022 at 4:58 PM, Nytracker said:

Son is looking for federal fusion lite in 308 . Do to a disability occurrence while serving in the army  he has to be very careful how much stress he puts on his shoulder. 2 years ago he bought a 308 and shot up the 2 boxes of reduced recoil I had purchased for my 308 encore  pistol. He has 5 rounds left . Looking for a couple boxes for him . He is hoping  to get out this year . Last year he was layed low by his 3rd surgery and didn't get out at all .

Given the ammo situation maybe look into switching him to a 243win and it will drop any deer just like 308 under 100yrds

18 minutes ago, suburbanfarmer said:

Wish I could help.

Given the ammo situation maybe look into switching him to a 243win and it will drop any deer just like 308 under 100yrds

Yea I mentioned that. I have a 243 barrel  for the encore rifle. He doesn't  want to use it  .. he wants  to use his rifle . I get it. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 518BowSlayer said:

Would trying to shoot lefthanded help? Probably easier said than done. Just a thought

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

He can't  we tried that a while back . He  even looked awkward holding the rifle . Then I pissed him off out shooting him right handed  with his own rifle .

19 hours ago, Nytracker said:

He can't  we tried that a while back . He  even looked awkward holding the rifle . Then I pissed him off out shooting him right handed  with his own rifle .

nothing out right now unless maybe you saw it in a gun shop but not likely. i'd get a hold of someone who reloads that you know and trust.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, dbHunterNY said:

nothing out right now unless maybe you saw it in a gun shop but not likely. i'd get a hold of someone who reloads that you know and trust.

This is what I was going to suggest. Reloading, you can get very consistent, accurate, low recoil rounds for his rifle. If he has the once shot brass from that rifle, all the better!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Lite/reduced recoil have been pretty rare in my journeys this past few months. Seen more of the Hornady and Remington lines than the Fusion in particular. I hope you find some.
I buy up 7mm08 Hornady custom lite stuff when I see it on rare occasion. Shoots subMOA out of a compact rifle I bought from a forum member and use for NDA Field to Fork program hunters who've never shot a rifle before. I never know when it'll be available again. I also see it far more than federal stuff.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Shelves are beginning to stock back up. Sportsman warehouse had a ton of 308 last I was there. Also, You have a bout  a week left if you find it online to have it shipped to your doorstep.. 

I haven't seen lite. But I have seen fusion in 150, 165 and 180 gr. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yep, I was at sportsman warehouse in Henrietta yesterday . More 308 then any other rifle caliber ,even had some Fusions although not much , no reduced recoil , that’s a pretty specific request in these times .

• Like 1