When, not If, China invades Taiwan, US microchip supplies will be under their control

When China invades Taiwan, they will control our microchips, affecting our lives, technology, and freedom. Sign the petition telling the top 25 U.S. chip manufacturers and their 50 largest U.S. customers to source at least 50% of their chips in the U.S. by 2030.

https://chipinamerica.com/services/save-the-american-microchip-before-its-too-late/?fbclid=IwAR2y8sOFbi0sHYgXKlN4sa3pTD9dPpVo6aqtQN9AY7KkiJXO-fMK_5OrUVw

was listening to the  radio this a.m. and they were saying China's response to  Pelosi's visit included boycotts. One was a boycott of sand that Taiwan uses for construction. But mainland china did not boycott importation of Taiwanise chips, as they use quite a high percentage of them. Should we, in addition to setting up chip plants here, also be making plans to do a scorched earth program on those factories if mainland China invades? And also evacuating Taiwanese workers from the chip plants with expertise on building chips?

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

When China invades Taiwan, they will control our microchips, affecting our lives, technology, and freedom. Sign the petition telling the top 25 U.S. chip manufacturers and their 50 largest U.S. customers to source at least 50% of their chips in the U.S. by 2030.

https://chipinamerica.com/services/save-the-american-microchip-before-its-too-late/?fbclid=IwAR2y8sOFbi0sHYgXKlN4sa3pTD9dPpVo6aqtQN9AY7KkiJXO-fMK_5OrUVw

Sounds like government control to me,what happened to free markets? I am disappointed in you posting/pasting this...

1 hour ago, BowmanMike said:

Sounds like government control to me,what happened to free markets? I am disappointed in you posting/pasting this...

Where do you see the government involvement here?  If the PEOPLE petition private industry to do something, that's free market.  Tell ya what, the next time you have a thought, just let it go.

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Grouse said:

Where do you see the government involvement here?  If the PEOPLE petition private industry to do something, that's free market.  Tell ya what, the next time you have a thought, just let it go.

Oh,just people asking a company to do something for the common good? That sounds like it will be a success.

Here’s a fun fact 70%  of our RX and OTC meds come from  “overseas ,  “ china makes some but they also supply the other countries with lots of the raw materials they need to make them .

Keep F ing around with China and drugstore shelves will soon after somewhat bare . 

For sometime imaging fluid , needed for CAT scans have been in short supply ,to the point they are rationing who gets one . All the fluid we use is made in one part of China, and that area is on lock down .

People say ,oh we’re their biggest customer, for so many things so they’ll always supply us .  I don’t expect them to make logical business decisions as they retaliate against us .

• Like 2

Grouse: Chicoms! Technology! Outsourcing! Freedom! We need help!

Dark Brandon four day later: Here's 52 billion dollars.

Grouse: Not help from you! Instead of actual money, we need people to sign this random and skeevy looking petition that seems to be nothing more that a personal data mining op.

Dark Brandon: God love ya, son.

• Haha 1

1The local and state government are trying to get one of these plants built near me and I think they are going to end up using eminent domain to get the remaining space needed. 

It will be another 5 years until they go to court for that. We lost this race a long time ago.

1 hour ago, left field said:

Grouse: Chicoms! Technology! Outsourcing! Freedom! We need help!

Dark Brandon four day later: Here's 52 billion dollars.

Grouse: Not help from you! Instead of actual money, we need people to sign this random and skeevy looking petition that seems to be nothing more that a personal data mining op.

Dark Brandon: God love ya, son.

So these chip makers bribed the govt to allow them to send this production overseas and profited greatly from it, and are now going to get taxpayer dollars from leftists to bring it back, profiting greatly from it, except now they become beholden to leftists for the money.  Plus they can waste, embezzle and kick back millions of it without anyone asking any questions.

I'm sure this will help bring inflation rates down too.

How to admit Crony Capitalism is alive and well, without saying Crony Capitalism is alive and well.

What could possibly go wrong.  Damn Americans are dumb.

Edited by Grouse

You parroted something online and linked to a nonsense "petition" that is nothing more than a data grab. (By the way, nothing quite says skin-in-the-game like signing a petition.)

Biden agreed with your concern and a few days later signs a bill directing 52 billion at the problem. Not good enough for you because you're seemingly incapable of rectifying your "enemy" doing what you want. It's like you're Nomad against Kirk. 

Never said I love Biden or hate Trump. I am however, clever enough to see the difference between a decent, if a little addled, old guy trying to do his best for the country and a degenerate seditious POS out for himself who would happily drive his golf cart over you if it got him to the dessert table a little earlier.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, left field said:

Never said I love Biden or hate Trump. I am however, clever enough to see the difference between a decent, if a little addled, old guy trying to do his best for the country

If the old guy trying to do his best for his country includes tanking 401k's, all time high interest rate, having Americans choose between eating and filling up their gas tanks to get to work, Reducing inflation by spending money and hiring 87,000 IRS agents to further harass Tax payers, he's doing an exemplary job for this country !

The issue is that he doesn't know what team he's playing for, but why deal in reality, when you can live in the liberal utopia now and kick the can down the road for the sucker taxpayers to pay for later.

Where's that $52 billion coming from, when America is over 30 trillion in debt ?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

And who's the worlds producer of silicon for those Chips ?

You guessed it, China, the ones who bought Biden.

So we're basically supplying China with all the money they need to take over Taiwan.

So Biden will have funded two wars while President, Terrific and not bad for a feeble old man that's trying to do his best for this country.

Edited by Shoots100
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, left field said:

Biden agreed with your concern and a few days later signs a bill directing 52 billion at the problem. Not good enough for you because you're seemingly incapable of rectifying your "enemy" doing what you want. 

Never said I love Biden or hate Trump. I am however, clever enough to see the difference between a decent, if a little addled, old guy trying to do his best for the country and a degenerate seditious POS out for himself who would happily drive his golf cart over you if it got him to the dessert table a little earlier.

If you think America 'wants" the government to throw BILLIONS of tax dollars at every single problem we have, without concern for what that expense will do to the national debt, inflation and the economy, as well as how it will be stolen and wasted, you haven't got the capacity to understand the issue.  Americans want industry to step up and fix industrial problems without getting the government involved.  All bail outs are bad, because they never come without catches or corruption.  Why was tax money needed to fix the problem?  It wasn't.

This proves how clueless you really area. "I am however, clever enough to see the difference between a decent, if a little addled, old guy trying to do his best for the country".   Decent?  He's a criminal serving himself for 50 years.  A little addled?  He's certifiably senile.  How in God's name can anyone see what he's done since he entered the White House and think he's trying to do his best for this country?  He has put the country into a tailspin and it isn't even close to being corrected.  The only explanation is "willful ignorance".

The only one here denying the truth about the reality of Biden, is you.

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

If you think America 'wants" the government to throw BILLIONS of tax dollars at every single problem we have, without concern for what that expense will do to the national debt, inflation and the economy, as well as how it will be stolen and wasted, you haven't got the capacity to understand the issue.  Americans want industry to step up and fix industrial problems without getting the government involved.  All bail outs are bad, because they never come without catches or corruption.  Why was tax money needed to fix the problem?  It wasn't.

This proves how clueless you really area. "I am however, clever enough to see the difference between a decent, if a little addled, old guy trying to do his best for the country".   Decent?  He's a criminal serving himself for 50 years.  A little addled?  He's certifiably senile.  How in God's name can anyone see what he's done since he entered the White House and think he's trying to do his best for this country?  He has put the country into a tailspin and it isn't even close to being corrected.  The only explanation is "willful ignorance".

The only one here denying the truth about the reality of Biden, is you.

You are the delusional one. Industry fixing industries problems without the government getting involved? That sure worked great in the last couple of hundred years. 

Most industry looks to maximize their profits any way they can with no regards to environment,country or people. If there were no regulations the world would be worse off than it is now.

Greed is one of the biggest problems...in my humble opinion.

People putting pressure on industry has always worked, because it affects profits.  

There is no greater way for industry to maximize profits than taking taxpayer money from a government that wants to control your industry and receive kick backs from the money given.

The government has created most of the problems we have today.  And that goes for the problems industry has too.  And if you think the problems it created are bad, you have not seen the problems it's 'solutions" create.  I have pointed them out and you "big government is the solution" zombies cannot see them.

Greed is a problem, but much of it is confined to elected officials and their love of taxing people as if they were an unlimited source of income for government's reckless spending.

You don't think these chip makers would've had to start investing money and material to make their own chips in the US when Taiwan gets taken over?  The idea was to get them to do it sooner.

Nobody is saying there should be "no regulation", but the regs should be approved by the people because they work, not because the government wants to push an agenda or penalize an industry it wants to control as part of it's political agenda.  The firearm industry is a perfect example of oppressive government control through over regulation.

Guess where the silica used to make chips comes from right now.  CHINA!  Can you see a problem with that?  Biden sure doesn't.

Edited by Grouse

• 1 month later...