Exhausted after taking these 2 for 2

shawnhu

I killed a lot of deer on nuisance permits......never considered it hunting or bragged about what I killed. I was content on taking it for what it was.

...and at a perfect time of the year to restock the freezer. Usually when they are used I was about out of the previous years take.

My freezer is so packed full of ribs its not even funny. I had to give away the straps before they went bad.

What ever happened to the 1 for 3 deal?

I have no problem with guys using nuisance permits. But Shawnhu truly is a *deleted*

* Edit - Watch the language, last warning.

What a bag!

* Watch the language .

shawnhu wrote:

Congrats on the new purchase. Lets hope you don't lose any deer like you did last season.

Oh!!!!

shawnhu wrote:

You only deserve the best. How's that for love from future posts?

How's that saying goes.... Ah yes! "It's not the equipment, but the archer behind it". Good luck, you'll probably need it.

Wow, you must really have a bone to pick with me. At least you got two warnings. :) might not be so lucky next time, Newbie Hunter.

See ya around

• Like 1

My freezer is so packed full of ribs its not even funny. I had to give away the straps before they went bad.

What ever happened to the 1 for 3 deal?

I have to get some ribs before I can take you up on it. Be talking to you around October. ( I hope)

Bob, how about an IOU program? Something like layaway? You know, 0% down and 0% financing sort of deal. What say you?

You're a joke Belo.

So now you're ragging on the brown its down crowd? Just because I don't care for the meat, or after some horn fantasy, its "not right" in YOUR book?! Give me a break! So now you are not only ragging on meat hunters, also donation hunters as well?! Wow! Your stupidity doesn't end, does it?

absolutely raggin on the brown it's down crowd. you're doing nothing but senseless killing. You don't care for the meat and you're not trophy hunting. Trophy hunters who waste meat are bad enough. I'm a conservationist and lover of nature first and foremost. You're obviously getting your rocks off from just killing. I know you'll loose 100 times over if the members on this forum took sides.

but you can continue to attack me personally... i forgot that you knew me. I've listed my hunting credentials, family, education and profession here. No need to do it again. Enjoy your life. Nuisance permit hunting is generally ok by me so long as the meat goes to use. Just wish you'd stop posting these pictures. Nobody is going to pat you on the back for what you're doing. If you want to nuisance hunt, there's nothing illegal about it. But to be proud of piling dead deer and wasting the meat? Stacking fawns and velvet bucks in a pile? Not my thing, and again I'm not alone. I nice picture with the hunter, the harvest and the weapon is what most of us prefer.

ps. put some clothes on. You'll find yourself generally tick free... in the south they wear snake chaps to protect against rattlers. simple ppe buddy.

Edited by Belo
  • Like 1

So how exactly is it different? Or do you think you are smarter than the admins and trying to work around calling names directly? Come in Ants, you've gotta give our admins more credit than that.

As far as I'm concerned you're in the same level as Belo. You guys sure have an imagination. Maybe you can go satisfy his horn fantasies. So are you pitching, or he?

lol. gets butthurt by name calling, then hypocritically returns the favor

143127752_I_Sense_Butthurt_75000244666_a

You guys going to force me to lock this thread.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Why is it even here?

It has nothing to do with hunting anymore than me putting a bullet in one of my pigs.

The only common denominator is it happens to be a deer that is being pest controlled.

What a sad bunch of grown ups that can't control themselves to constantly post in this thread and nothing nice to say but insults. Then gets all defensive when they get called out.

I've got nothing to lose here, but everything to gain. Unlike you Belo, I'm not running a popularity contest and don't care. I bid you good luck and farewell, and you should have left it at that and be done with it. But you can't handle a regular adult discussion. So who's the one butt hurt?

The part I don't understand is how anyone with a conscience, and any level of respect for deer, view them as nothing more than vermin. I have had seasons early in my hunting career, when I have filled several tags, but stopped before I filled every tag I had issued to me for the season, because some warning sound went off within me that made me feel bad. It was a visceral experience that told me I was crossing the line of hunting and entering territory that was nothing more than "killing" for the sake of doing it.

To each his own, but for me killing for the sake of doing it, no matter how it's dressed up to make it palatable, is only rationalizing ones desire to kill. To post pictures of ones endless slaughter is equally, if not more disturbing, to me. Is there no law in this state anymore regarding "wanton waste"?

Edited by New York Hillbilly
  • Like 1

The part I don't understand is how anyone with a conscience, and any level of respect for deer, view them as nothing more than vermin. I have had seasons early in my hunting career, when I have filled several tags, but stopped before I filled every tag I had issued to me for the season, because some warning sound went off within me that made me feel bad. It was a visceral experience that told me I was crossing the line of hunting and entering territory that was nothing more than "killing" for the sake of doing it.

To each his own, but for me killing for the sake of doing it, no matter how it's dressed up to make it palatable, is only rationalizing ones desire to kill. To post pictures of ones endless slaughter is equally, if not more disturbing, to me. Is there no law in this state anymore regarding "wanton waste"?

So you basically admit to killing for the sake of killing early in your hunting career, right?

Go back and read my post. I said that I "stopped", when the hunting, and yes "killing" deer felt somehow wrong, meaningless, and I did not want hunting to become something cheap and dirty feeling to me. Thankfully, even early in my career, I quickly recognized the limit for me, and difference between what felt respectful and what did not. 

Go back and read my post. I said that I "stopped", when the hunting, and yes "killing" deer felt somehow wrong, meaningless, and I did not want hunting to become something cheap and dirty feeling to me. Thankfully, even early in my career, I quickly recognized the limit for me, and difference between what felt respectful and what did not.

Got it, thanks for the clarification.