35,000 for a new tractor what would you buy?

I picked up a 33hp hydro Kubota with a front loader and brush hog a year ago. No complaints so far. Actually enjoyed using that for snow over the comfort of the pickup but I am sure that will wane over time. And for $35k I am sure you could step up to the 39hp model if you wanted.

• Like 1

I like kioti tractors.more gmp on hydrolic pumps give you greater lift capacity than many competitors same hp tractors. I prefered geared bit if you never driven tractors and dont  know the clutch is used to stop  hydro may be what you want.. 

but i would look at 40 hp if you want to drag logs that would also let you use bigger implements  .which can be bought used much cheaper than small home owner plot sized equipment that has gone up in price as more people buy recreational property.. 

Edited by G-Man
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, G-Man said:

I like kioti tractors.more gmp on hydrolic pumps give you greater lift capacity than many competitors same hp tractors. I prefered geared bit if you never driven tractors and dont  know the clutch is used to stop  hydro may be what you want.. 

but i would look at 40 hp if you want to drag logs that would also let you use bigger implements  .which can be bought used much cheaper than small home owner plot sized equipment that has gone up in price as more people buy recreational property.. 

My brother in law has a buddy that just got one of these in the 30k range. He said it was a slick set up! 

I'm a Massey guy and for a little more change then the 35k put me into a 60hp 4x4 geared tractor with a loader, always go bigger hp than you think you might need. I'm on my 3rd Massey in last 10 years or so, went from a 30hp hydro to a 39hp hydro to now a 60hp geared. Thanfully trade in value iwith tractors is really good. Takes getting used to a geared over hydro but with 6 hours on it so far I'm getting the hang of it.  I also went with the R1 (ag) tires over my 2 previous tractors that had R4 tires. I felt the R4  slipped alot in snow and on some of the steeper areas on my property that I mow. So far pretty impressed with the new Massey. Pic. of the new toy.

20220714_150714.jpg

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

I'm a Massey guy and for a little more change then the 35k put me into a 60hp 4x4 geared tractor with a loader, always go bigger hp than you think you might need. I'm on my 3rd Massey in last 10 years or so, went from a 30hp hydro to a 39hp hydro to now a 60hp geared. Thanfully trade in value iwith tractors is really good. Takes getting used to a geared over hydro but with 6 hours on it so far I'm getting the hang of it.  I also went with the R1 (ag) tires over my 2 previous tractors that had R4 tires. I felt the R4  slipped alot in snow and on some of the steeper areas on my property that I mow. So far pretty impressed with the new Massey. Pic. of the new toy.

20220714_150714.jpg

That is a beast! The dealer is right in Hornell for me so it makes it simple. This is why I'm asking you guys. That might be overkill but it's a vital piece of equipment I need. Thanks for the info!

• Like 2

I'm a Kubota guy based on reliability.  I get alot done with a geared 32HP.  More horses are better if you can afford them.  Another vote for loaded ag tires.  You used to be able to get a good deal on a used machine, but the way prices are now you might as well go new.

I bought mine used 5 years ago.  My buddy bought one slightly bigger last year for more than twice the money.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

Dealer wouldn't warranty the bucket if you welded a hook on it.  I have one on mine, but my brother's 110HP doesn't because of warranty.

From what I was told they can't weld 3 hooks as they used to do but they can weld one in the center top of the bucket, atleast that's what I was told.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, NYBowhunter said:

From what I was told they can't weld 3 hooks as they used to do but they can weld one in the center top of the bucket, atleast that's what I was told.

New Holland dealer welded on 2 plates with D rings, but wouldn't allow any hooks.  Not as handy IMO.

On 8/4/2022 at 9:59 PM, stubborn1VT said:

I'm a Kubota guy based on reliability.  I get alot done with a geared 32HP.  More horses are better if you can afford them.  Another vote for loaded ag tires.  You used to be able to get a good deal on a used machine, but the way prices are now you might as well go new.

I bought mine used 5 years ago.  My buddy bought one slightly bigger last year for more than twice the money.

L3000dt?

58 minutes ago, stubborn1VT said:

That's what I have.  My best friend bought an L4400 last year and it cost him dearly.  It's a great machine and it will last him the rest of his life, but he had to take out a loan.  I paid cash for mine.

I bought one used from a friend with a front end loader and a woods backhoe its been a great machine. 

• Like 1

I bought this 2019 New Holland Workmaster 60. Hp  bought a 72 inch woods brush hog…rock bucket…loader bucket and Grapple Bucket…all in for $41G. They welded 3 hooks on the bucket too. Its a great machine.  I was going to buy a 32 hp first…but glad I went with the 60. Shuttle shift 

91E35215-6559-4D4A-9EAB-7ACE994F9C55.jpeg

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GreenDrake said:

I took that old camp down in 2 hours with it. Disced 15 acres easily as well. 

It should.  That's a good machine, but WAY bigger than what most homeowners need.  A guy I work with has one that's 80HP with a canopy.  I really like running it.  Shuttle shift is super nice on any loader tractor.

Kubota.  Buy it a size bigger than you think you need.  You'll be glad later that you did.  Forget the hook on the bucket. Buy a set of quick detach forks. We use forks more than the bucket.  You can chain to them. Forks are great for logs. Definitely loaded AG tires. 

This is all stuff I learned. Had 2 New Hollands, 1 with a woods backhoe on the way up to a kubota mx with a backhoe. Regularly lifts a ton. Always glad of the size when on a side hill in the woods!

• Like 1