35,000 for a new tractor what would you buy?

6 hours ago, stubborn1VT said:

I hear ya.  Better to park it outside though?

Nope, I baby mine.  She is inside when not in use.   Since I added my soft cover, I have to park it upstairs anyways. At least during the winter months. 

CC8253F9-5CDB-4F33-9CEB-2577D18F0037.jpeg

Edited by Otto
  • Like 4

On 9/26/2022 at 8:13 AM, LET EM GROW said:

You could have some sweet food plots tucked away right there! 

Wife just gave me the ok to go get a new tractor, Im going to have to go check out the prices down there one night this week! 

I really liked the service there. Kit the son of the owner took care of me, his brother is also very nice. 

1 hour ago, Lawdwaz said:

Awesome rig.  I hope (and I bet you enjoy it too) you get pounded with snow. 

I enjoy it a lot more now that I have the soft cab on it.  It’s plenty warm in there without any heat and just a sweatshirt.   The blower is great when we do get pounded, but 80% of the time the snow blade does the job.  I’ve got to change out the rubber blade on the bottom this fall.  I bought the rubber blade from a company in Buffalo.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I just bought a tractor.  I wasn’t real happy with my last Farmall cub, but that one was almost worn out when I bought it, and it was heavily modified. This one has pretty low hours, no noticeable wear, and it is all original.  I paid $ 783.17 for it at a “silent auction” at work.  It has not ran in about 14 years and supposedly had carburetor issues.  I sold my last, barely running, 9/10 worn out Cub for $750, two years ago.  I bid as much as I was willing to spend, to the penny.  

I hated cultivating with my last Farmall Cub (“cultivision” gave me a stiff neck), but I liked it for plowing light snow.  This one came with a factory snowplow, and decent R1 tires with chains on back.  

I am going to drop it off at my Farmall mechanic’s place tomorrow, and ask him to change the fluids and get it running good.  He just happens to be half way between my place and work and he is letting me borrow his trailer with winch (handy for non-runners) to pick it up.  

I will use it for snow plowing this winter, and take it over to my parents place for foodplotting in the spring.  Dad had a nice little 6ft, pull-type Bissel disk over there, that will be just about perfect for it. The foodplots really need reworking over there.  

My favorite thing about the Cubs, is that they were designed to fit in a standard sized pickup truck bed.  It’s great not to have to mess around with a trailer, or drive it the 20 miles over there on the road.  

I hope this one holds up a little better than my last one did.  I wanted to give Farmall one more chance, because that  was always what my grandpa ran over at my parents place when he farmed it.  He had an F-20, and an F-14.  I’ve now shot plenty of deer on his old farm with his old shotgun.

It’s only right that I work that land with his old brand, even if it is a little smaller.  He worked about 50 of his 70 acres with 34 hp and two tractors.  I am only going to work a couple of those acres, with the 10 hp Cub.  

• Like 1