First officially confirmed Coyote sighting by DEC on Long Island

JimmyDaSavage

Seriously though, I thought LEGALLY you can shoot any dog which is chasing a deer during hunting season. I would never do that because I think it is morally and ethically screwed up, but remember reading about it sewhere.

LOL! You can't be serious.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

I can remember reading about yote sightings in NYC for at least the last 5 years. I dont see it as very surprising that they made it to LI. They can cross bridges, etc. No need to swim.

true and although true you would think sightings would pop up in Nassau before you would see them on Eastern LI in suffolk. there is a ton of residential area to pass through before a yote can hit the hamptons. Queens would be a tough spot for a yote to go under the radar.  jmo

anything now a days is possible tho 

• 6 years later...
3 minutes ago, rachunter said:

I’ve seen them in the Bronx a few times. Talk about adapt and survive!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plenty of cats, rats, possums, coons and small dogs in the boros for them to feast on. As long as they can find cover, food is readily available to them.

On 10/28/2013 at 3:34 PM, WNYBuckHunter said:

I can remember reading about yote sightings in NYC for at least the last 5 years. I dont see it as very surprising that they made it to LI. They can cross bridges, etc. No need to swim.

yea I was gonna say not surprising as NYC has had yotes for years.

Plenty of cats, rats, possums, coons and small dogs in the boros for them to feast on. As long as they can find cover, food is readily available to them.

I saw one creep up and grab a goose. I though it was a dog until it trotted by with the goose. That was on randell ave. By the cemetery

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk