What's going on with my food plot

My buddy and I planted a plot of Evolved habitat prograze turnip, rape, clover and chicory.  We planted it the first week of June and it has done ok in the last month,we had to reseed a few spot where there wasn't very good germination.  We've checked on it the atleast once a week for the last month and we went out there today and  the brassicas were yellowing and pretty wilted.  Saw something about a manganese defeciency.  Also saw something about black rot, which would occour in warm wet conditions, sounds familiar.  Anybody else run into this?  Thanks for any help.

post-1215-0-74386300-1372811110_thumb.jp

post-1215-0-70688600-1372811457_thumb.jp

I usually wait till the first week of August for most of my annuals including the brassica. I planted my clover the last week of march but most here would recommend planting clover the end of August so that it has a better chance of developing.

This is our first attempt at a plot.  The bag suggested a spring or fall planting, and we just decided to give it a shot now   I'm pretty sure the majority of the bag is the brassicas if it makes a difference.  The bag claims the brassicas will provide cover for the clover and chickory to germinate later in the season.  Did we waste our time?  Any input is appreciated guys.  Once again this was our fisrt attempt at a food plot

Hard to tell without a soil test. I simply think the clover was planted way too late and the brassica was way too early. I would get a soil test, retill the plot and plant brassica in about a month. Should be perfect for the season. Then go back to plot mid march and frost seed the clover. Depending on the size of the plot and deer numbers it should be bare dirt by then. Clover will come in nicely the following year.

Pull a few and see if the roots are stubby and swollen, club root <fungal disease> could lead to wet rot black rot whatever you want to call it. <leaves yellow and wilt>

if the soil is too acidic lime as was already suggested

Edited by gopher