Semi-Auto Rifle permit

Danny

Just a reminder

In case anyone was unable to decipher the new bill, starting Sep 3 a semiauto license will be required for purchasers AND sellers of all ages in NY. Nothing is exempt...Ruger 10/22, any semiauto hunting rifle or shotgun. Licensing will be the responsibility of the pistol permit bureaus, no one knows the requirements yet ! If you were getting the kid a 10/22 takedown for Christmas get it now , if you were selling anything semi do it now !

Edited by Danny
  • Like 2

• Danny changed the title to Semi-Auto Rifle permit

I hear you will also need a training course, similar or same as taking a pistol permit course to get the permit? So many questions! Very few answers from the state. As to who will be giving the courses, and where? Along with How long the prosses will take?

Also no one under age 21 qualifies to get a semi auto permit. Just more laws passed, and hoops to jump through for law abiding gun owners! These stupid laws will do NOTHING to curb the gun violence of criminals, and mentally unstable persons.

• Like 3

This is exactly what I said on a different thread. What about the out of state hunters coming to NY to go deer hunting . Do they have to register their semi auto rifles like the Ruger 44 mag , Browning Bars , or Remington 740,742's and 7400's with NYS to go hunting ?  Even this memo outlining what legal doesn't make sense. In this memo it states you can use a semi auto rifle and only need to register it if you are buying one after Sept 4th     I guess this is what happens when a bunch of screwballs get together to whip up a bunch of laws on something they know nothing about ,  with no thinking involved 

https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/gunfaq2022.pdf

Edited by SportsmanNH
  • Like 2

On 8/5/2022 at 9:40 AM, Danny said:

Just a reminder

In case anyone was unable to decipher the new bill, starting Sep 3 a semiauto license will be required for purchasers AND sellers of all ages in NY. Nothing is exempt...Ruger 10/22, any semiauto hunting rifle or shotgun. Licensing will be the responsibility of the pistol permit bureaus, no one knows the requirements yet ! If you were getting the kid a 10/22 takedown for Christmas get it now , if you were selling anything semi do it now !

I may or may not have bought a Ruger PC9 carbine today . Sweet little semi auto that takes my Glock mags . Pretty hard to find right now they got 2 in 4 business days ago , now they have zero again .

NY complaint, kinda like the Mini 14 is . Got a good price too .

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Nomad said:

I may or may not have bought a Ruger PC9 carbine today . Sweet little semi auto that takes my Glock mags . Pretty hard to find right now they got 2 in 4 business days ago , now they have zero again .

NY complaint, kinda like the Mini 14 is . Got a good price too .

Was watching one of these on a recent auction. I ended up going in a different direction. Fun little guns though.

• Like 1

This is what I got from my local police and the DEC. The first thing I got they don't like it there in the middle of this BS. I was told by both any new long gun that's a semiautomatic long gun including a shotgun bought after September you will need a permit. But any gun you have before September you don't need a permit. The best part is there is no system in place to get one.

1 hour ago, RangerClay said:

The NYS Republican Party gave this years election to Hochul.  Get ready for more fun and games over the next 4 years.

I've been doing everything I can to convince my wife to move somewhere out of state on 100 acres and a semi-sustainable homestead. We don't even like people lol

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NYRturkeycall said:

I've been doing everything I can to convince my wife to move somewhere out of state on 100 acres and a semi-sustainable homestead. We don't even like people lol

I understand that . We’re reversed my wife for years wanted to leave, I like being close to our adult children, and soon grandchildren. If we could get them to move, it would be a done deal .

our one nephew, sold his law practice in NYS and moved his wife and four kids to Texas, largely for better opportunities for his kids ,and of course political climate 

1 hour ago, Nomad said:

I understand that . We’re reversed my wife for years wanted to leave, I like being close to our adult children, and soon grandchildren. If we could get them to move, it would be a done deal .

our one nephew, sold his law practice in NYS and moved his wife and four kids to Texas, largely for better opportunities for his kids ,and of course political climate 

I hear you on that. Family is what it's all about. But I even have some family telling me if we were to be the ones to start they would all be soon behind. Who knows. I just keep watering that seed a little by little. 

Good for your nephew. Although even that state isn't looking too great along the border and major cities. But it's better than here. Good luck to him.