woolys 2013 summer longshots..

wooly

I've been slacking getting new pics up lately. Here's a few fresh TC pics of some recent new faces...

I'll try to get a few more longshots of the other bucks posted soon.

PICT0052_zps058f740c.jpg

PICT0010_zps0e3f9c15.jpg

Normally I get excited seeing a buck with an antler missing but this guy's kinda rushing things.

Oh, don't worry.... I looked for the missing horn,lol

PICT0009_zps56340ed1.jpg

PICT0016_zps7f80e737.jpg

PICT0086_zps3d3b1f4b.jpg

A small chunk of this field across the road JUST got cut..... I'm looking forward to sitting it tomorrow night with the Nikon.

There were some great bucks here last year. The narrow cutting isn't ideal for for my summer scouting, but I'll do my best to make it work.

PRMS0007_zps4cf42ea1.jpg

• Like 2

One thing that struck me as I looked at these pics (particularly on the 1st page) was the quantity of does running around with no fawns in tow. Was that just coincidence or have you noticed a shortage of fawns. Around my place, there are almost no does without fawns tagging along especially from July on.

Thanks guys! Funny the lack of fawns was mentioned.

This has been my worse summer for fawn sightings in many years. Just a handfull here and there and most of those are roadside observations while traveling. Since my first series of pics in this post, I haven't seen a single doe or fawn in this field. My cams across the road get tons of doe, but only a few yearling bucks and not a fawn yet. I'm not really sure what to make of it all just yet, but it's certain'y not normal for this area. I'll be heading up the hill again tonight after dinner to see if anythings running around tonight.

Also heard my first pack of yotes howling just as I left the woods the other night. That's something that I don't usually hear untill mid-late September, so it kinda makes me wonder if that might have something to do with things playing out the way they have so far.

Here's a few shots from tonights sit at the field.
Had a few of the regulars show up, but also had a few more I can't identify yet at such long range.
Did I ever tell you guys how much fun I have sitting around a field edge with nobody to talk to, lol

This is a new face basket 8 who was the first to dart across the field... before the farmer came rolling through on his quad again.

_CSC0657_zpscb931285.jpg

_CSC0658_zpsa639bd4b.jpg

To my surprise, the nice 9'er was the second to emerge from the corn while the sun was still high.

_CSC0697_zps5bf53569.jpg

_CSC0694_zps5e6d8399.jpg

The third buck to show up tonight looks like he's one of the resident 8's I've been seeing..

_CSC0817_zps08e1b88c.jpg

_CSC0816_zpsc5b3e272.jpg

When he bolted across the field, five more bucks popped out from the far tree line and they all joined forces in a clover killing mission...

_CSC0815_zps530fec13.jpg

...and to end my night, I had one pop out a little too close for comfort.

This guy may be another of the regular 8's, but he got spooked by the neighbor blowing off his left over 4'th of July fire crackers...he shot into the timber before I could get off a second shot.

_CSC0701_zps98e5fa8a.jpg

• Like 1

Thanks guys! Funny the lack of fawns was mentioned.

This has been my worse summer for fawn sightings in many years. Just a handfull here and there and most of those are roadside observations while traveling. Since my first series of pics in this post, I haven't seen a single doe or fawn in this field. My cams across the road get tons of doe, but only a few yearling bucks and not a fawn yet. I'm not really sure what to make of it all just yet, but it's certain'y not normal for this area. I'll be heading up the hill again tonight after dinner to see if anythings running around tonight.

Also heard my first pack of yotes howling just as I left the woods the other night. That's something that I don't usually hear untill mid-late September, so it kinda makes me wonder if that might have something to do with things playing out the way they have so far.

Perhaps there is  possibility that with a lot of coyote pressure, the fawns may be being kept secluded more than normal. Certainly with all those bucks there's no way that does are not getting bred. Also, there was nothing unusual about this past winter or spring that would impact fawn rates. I seriously doubt that the coyotes have eaten them all ....lol. I think they are there, just being kept out of sight. Let's hope that is the case anyway.

• Like 1

Bambam- I've only had the m-80 black flash a little over a month now, so I haven't gone through to test all the modes yet. So far I'm super happy with the quality of pics it takes on the high quality setting in 4 shot rapid fire mode.

I'd buy another in a heartbeat!

I haven't tried the video on it yet. I'll switch it over tonight and see how she does.

I've been kind of curious to try it out anyhow.... it's the first cam I've owned that capture sound with the vids.

I'll post a clip, buck or doe, as soon as I get one.

Finally starting to see some new bucks show up. I'm sure some of them will start to dissapear as well, but I'm looking forward to seeing their replacements. Here's a few shots from Friday night..also saw one lonely doe,lol

_CSC0993_zpsf516f306.jpg

_CSC1079_zpscfc2d272.jpg

_CSC1081_zps80a56cc9.jpg

_CSC1136_zpsdf6b0dddf.jpg

_CSC1152_zps0c2f4299.jpg

_CSC1162_zpsbe2dbb7b.jpg

_CSC1188_zpsd5e7d7e8.jpg

_CSC0936_zpsa00e14c9.jpg

_CSC0890_zps37937367.jpg

• Like 2

Last night the farmer came through the field on his quad with the dog behind and screwed everything up.

I only had two 8pt's pop out a little closer than I'd like, but they didn't notice me.

_CSC1290_zpsa04835bc.jpg

_CSC1287_zps36f0c325.jpg

_CSC1283_zpsbccc3188.jpg

_CSC1268_zps4c413ab8.jpg

_CSC1266_zpsdd0014b1.jpg

_CSC1263_zps34d22dbc.jpg

_CSC1254_zps3000ef99.jpg

_CSC1255_zps1fe6d318.jpg

• Like 2