Muthers

I love me some New York, but just recently took a job down in Georgia.  I feel very lucky to have gotten a position in my field of study so soon after finishing school in December. It's hot and muggy down here and I certainly miss the good old Adirondacks where I've spent many days fishing and hiking (and more recently hunting but still haven't taken a deer yet!).  That being said, Georgia is treating me well, and the fishing is just as hot as the air.  This is my first tarpon, my guess is that it weighed 90 pounds?  I weigh about 150 and I am 5'10"ish to give you some scale.  If any of ya'll have any experience with tarpon and estimating weight, feel free to chime in!

It is still impossible to beat wild strain brookie fishing in the deep woods of New York, in my opinion.  Every 8 inch fish is a fish of a lifetime.  

post-1613-0-11865400-1373380787_thumb.jp

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By downrangedude
      downrangedude here, a quirky and not-so-cool but cool sports enthusiast. Loves to hunt, fish, snowboard and camp more than hamburgers. I am yet another outdoor guy from Texas who loves to brag all I know, and FYI I know a lot.
    • By turkeyfeathers
      Ok, I'll sorta hijack this thread as OP isn't replying. You guys ever try the Gulp stuff ? Man o man I'm sold. Buddy who's been taking us out on his boat swears by this stuff. I can see why after seeing results. Well not personally as I've been skunked but buddy and daughter doing well with it. 1/8 oz jighead and simple little pops off lake floor gets the smallies to smash it. Black and white 3" minnows is his choice. Eye's and sheephead seem to like it as well.
    • By ghug92
      Trying to get started with my own soft plastics company in the albany area. Made with CNC aluminum molds and have senko style worms, swimming senko style worms, drop shot worms, and swimming shad worms. $4 a bag. This is how the big, modern day companies started, so I'm trying to do the same, one step at a time! Fresh out of college as well. Thanks 

• By gary15801
      Over 360 acres in Jefferson Count Pennsylvania.  Property includes 2 miles of frontage of PA stocked trout waters, 5 ponds, 10 acre field, over 300 wooded acres, streams, mountain and flat lands, with a nice network of roads throughout.  Wild game includes white tail deer, black bear, turkey, rabbits, grouse, red-gray-fox squirrels, fisher, fox, coyotes, geese, ducks, doves and woodcock...  just to name a few.  There'as also a camp included on the edge of the property with municipal waster & sewage and natural gas heat.  This place has a little of everything to offer the outdoor enthusiast:  Hunting, fishing, hiking, camping, kayaking & canoeing, 4 wheeling, cookouts and campfires.  A tour of the property takes a couple of hours can be arranged for serious inquiries only by emailing Gary at [email protected] or calling 814-577-2296.  Asking price $925,000.00

• By JeepInPA
      FOR SALE: Pennsylvania Camp, Shed and 5 Acres Near Hunting, Fishing and ATV Trails

600 square foot cabin built in 2011. Cabin has electricity and will include most furniture and appliances.

Access to ATV trails. 10 minutes from the Snow Shoe Rails to Trails. Local hunting and fishing in the Moshannon State Forest.

Includes 10x18 shed and deer feeders.

Located in Grassflat, Cooper Township, Clearfield County.

Asking $99,000. Serious offers considered.
      Call or text 814-574-4471
      Email [email protected]