shooting without a peep

sweet old bill

Hi I just got a new 3D bow and was setting it up and put a d loop on the string, 2 brass nocks and a kisser button,

I started shooting and I like the way I can seem to see more and it may be better for low light shooting. Does anyone else without a peep ?

the kisser button keeps me to have the same head position so that my shots seem to be the same as looking thru a peep.

I still use a peep sight, but spent quite a few years a long-long time ago without using one. Of course everything that I ever added was supposed to hold form and position a little tighter and consistent. Who knows how much of that stuff is really still needed from one decade to another. It is good that you are still experimenting and testing to find out just how essential these things still are for you. I often wondered how much of the crap I could actually remove from my bow without actually seeing any difference. My problem is that I tend not to "mess-with-success". Maybe I should once in awhile.

I am going to try for a month and just see how I do and I may then spend the $$$ to have a I/4 inch peep put into the string.  The way they make the strings now it almost  required you take the bow back to a bow shop with a bow press to get the strands open so you can put in a peep.

I have never used one...but don't use sights either... right hand  lft eye...I just practice a lot...did try the peep eliminator . Loved it for target...then lost the biggest buck in my life during hunting....never again...if it ain't broke...don't fix it...

(sp)

Edited by growalot

Bill, didn't you keep your bow-press from the time when you ran the shop? You didn't get rid of all your stuff did you?

As you know, there is a big difference between the level of accuracy that you need for hunting vs. what is needed for competition. I know when I was into competition, I needed the smallest peep that I could use without interfering with my vision. That was a big thing then and made a significant difference in my scores. I know that back then I would never have used a 1/4" peep. However, today my only concerns (theoretically....lol) is having enough accuracy for hunting distances and adequate vision in low-light conditions. So I have a 5/32" hole in the peep. That seems to work well for visibility and accuracy for hunting purposes.

• Like 1