Obama, Turkey hunt & trophy mounts in Gasland 2

Its a pirated version of Gasland 2, which is the follow up to the original documentary Gasland. It covers the subject of Fracking. I watched it a few weeks ago. I have always leaned a bit toward the "its a good idea to frack" side of the fence, but have never been sold either way on the subject. After watching that, Im leaning the other way, at least until what they showed and said in it is proven false. Its definitely hard to trust any of the info coming from the government or gas industry, but Im also skeptical on trusting everything the anti side has to say as well.

I wouldnt allow it on my property, not after seeing what saw in that.

I think one other thing that should be pointed out is that the guy who produced these films (Josh Fox) has been characterized by the gas industry as a film maker from France. In reality he is a guy in his thirties who has always lived and still does, in north east PA close to the NY border. He isn't very different than many of you guys or someone from upstate NY. He isn't an obsessed hunter like us, but he hunts turkeys with his buddies. One of the people he interviews is about as avid as us, with big game mounts from all over the world.

I didn't know this was out on HBO or why it will be removed, but that's what is in the heading. In any event gasland 1 and this film: gasland 2 are worth watching IMO.

All the Obama haters who are pro-fracking might be surprised to hear his take on fracking. If you listened to his campaign speech or debate with Romney you already heard it though...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By BuckSteady
      New hunter to NY here. Found some public land to hunt, it’s a WMA. I wish I read the regs more thoroughly because I threw up a ladder stand yesterday and today when I was re-reading them, I saw you can’t put temporary stands on WMAs, only on state forests and other such state land. I honestly didn’t know I wasn’t allowed to, I even put my name and license # on the stand. I was going to go take it down tomorrow but it’s an hour drive so I wanted to ask, what do DEC officers do if they find a ladderstand like mine on a WMA? Is this an automatic fine or whatever? Will they just call me and tell me to come get it? Confiscate? How often do officers go through areas like WMAs and check for stands? Any info would be helpful. I’ll still probably go take it down tomorrow, although I have seen other stands up on the WMA, I just prefer to stay on the right side of the law myself. Thanks!
    • By CapDistPatriot
      Southern Zone only. I don't understand why they don't include rifle, only Bow & Muzzy...

https://www.dec.ny.gov/press/121333.html
    • By CapDistPatriot
      I dont know what to say. Read the highlights, this bill is so extreme I dont know how ANYBODY can think this is ok. This isn't a religious issue, per se as it is more of an issue of right and wrong
      https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2019/01/24/8-shocking-facts-about-new-yorks-radical-abortion-law/
      From the article:
      Here are eight facts about New York’s new abortion law:
      – The “fundamental” right to abortion is enshrined in the New York Constitution. “Every individual who becomes pregnant has the fundamental right to choose to carry the pregnancy to term, to give birth to a child, or to have an abortion, pursuant to this article,” the law states.
      – The law allows non-physicians to perform abortions. “A health care practitioner licensed, certified, or authorized under title eight of the education law, acting in his or her lawful scope of practice, may perform an abortion,” the law states.
      – The law allows abortion through the third trimester, including up to birth. “Third-trimester abortion will be allowed under the new law when a preborn child is diagnosed with a condition that will cause him or her to die at or shortly after birth,” Live Action reported.
      – The law removes protections for babies who survive an abortion procedure. “The new law removes protections for babies born alive after an abortion — meaning they could be left to die after birth — by rescinding a portion of New York’s public health law,” Live Action reported. Late-term abortions, until now, were illegal in the state of New York.
      – The law prevents pregnant women whose babies are killed in an attack on the mother from seeking justice and could result in infanticide by repealing the requirement for a second physician to be on hand in case an attempted abortion past 20 weeks yields a live infant.
      – The law states that an unborn child cannot be a victim of homicide if he dies while in the womb following an attack on the mother. “‘Person,’ when referring to the victim of a homicide, means a human being who has been born and is alive,” the law states.
      – Pro-abortion advocates said the law would protect legal abortion even in the event that the U.S. Supreme Court overturns the 1973 Roe v. Wade decision to make abortion legal — a decision that did no go as far as the New York law. “[The law] not only increases access to abortion across the board, including late-term abortions but also goes beyond Roe, which left some limits in place,” Catholic News Service reported.
      – The law is to “prevent the enforcement of laws or regulations that are not in furtherance of a legitimate state interest in protecting a woman’s health that burden abortion access.”

Now Catholics are calling for Andy to be excommunicated. Bishop of Albany very upset, as he should be.

https://www.nyscatholic.org/2019/01/statement-on-passage-and-signing-of-abortion-expansion-legislation/

https://evangelist.org/Content/Default/Homepage-Rotator/Article/Bishop-writes-open-letter-to-Gov-Cuomo-/-3/141/27245
    • By Rebel Darling
      Here is DEC's harvest forecast for whitetail during the 2016 hunting season:
      http://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/wildlife_pdf/deerforecastr4.pdf
      Interesting info...  I doubt my WMU, 4L will ever have doe tags, and it's interesting to read that DEC is concerned by possible "misuse" of the 4J doe tags. 
    • By Rebel Darling
      In case anyone is interested, the NYS Senate is considering the nomination of Basil Seggos as Commissioner, DEC:

7:40 p.m.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nysenate