New York Taxidermy Mount Post

Muzzy

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap, that deer is huge.  Where was this taken??

Thank you, he was actually taken in Kansas in 2002, I was on a job site out there for 10 months and wasn't able to get back to NY to hunt, so I got a non-res kansas license and through the generosity of a very kind land owner, got permission to hunt his 70 acres. He weighed in at 264lbs dressed and scored 162 Boone & Crockett. It's hard to find land to hunt out there without paying an exorbenant amount of money because there's a big market in kansas for leasing land to hunters. But there are still some very nice people! I invite this guy out here to NY every year (he wants to shoot a bear) but he hasn't had the opportunity to take me up on it...... I owe him big!!

nyhunter seen two one on my wall from ny, go to the nysbbc dinner one of these years it will open your eyes what ny is capable of with age. genectics are here in the 30,s deer were brought here from ohio and michigan

Really? I did not know that deer were brought here from other states...  I wish there was a NY Hunting / Deer book specifically covering NY or maybe NY,PA,NJ.

If you look @ some of the deer people take in PA, that's right next to us. 

K...here are mine 12 pointer (typical 10 with 2 kickers) taken up North with a rifle. My 8 pointer (5x3) from Henrietta with a shotgun. and my Ontario Canada Beas (250 lb. 8-1/2 yo female). If I go for another mount it will have to be big.....I will need to spend a lot of marriage capitol to get it through the wife

post-203-131455296491_thumb.jpg

post-203-131455296514_thumb.jpg

post-203-131455296766_thumb.jpg

My wife and daughter actuall wanted the rug....The guys in Canada said only 5% have the white on the chest and in 25 years they had not seen such a big V. If you can tell friom the picks there are actually 3 white dots above the V. If I made a rug I would have lost most of the white....$850 later ....there you go...and there went my new rifle